Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing: Tara Calico

JonathanVonErich

I think the timing of this documentary is a little bit strange.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great thing that somebody took the time to do this documentary and to tell Tara's story, it's a story that everybody should know, it's a very important case.

However we still don't know where is Tara's body, and nothing new happened since 2008, so I don't know why they have suddenly decided to do this documentary, when we still have no evidences that the Sheriff's story is true.

I'll write a mail to these people, at taracalico.com, and ask them if the sheriff is credible. I really have my doubts.

I've had time to think about this and came up with a few answers to your question as to why they are having the documentary now.

A.) Her mother was waiting to see if the sheriff was going to do anything about the confessions.

B.) It took awhile for the information to get back to the mother or the website.

C.) She thinks the whole story reaks of crap.

D.) All of the above.

Did you contact the TaraCalico Website today? Learn anything good?

Edited by iamdee1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iamdee1

• JonathanVonErich

• thatRobGuy

• puridalan

I'm no expert but I think it looks just like her...

Hey Rob. I hope everything is OK with you. I saw your post earlier about being off for awhile. Big Hugs from me to you :wub: .

I'm not an expert either Rob, but I agree with you 100%.

I have always believed it was Tara but I still looked at Brenda Kay and wondered if it could be her. I have decided it is definitely not Brenda. Her eyes are much bigger and Tara has the smaller eyes and the scar on her leg.

I believe we are right, it is Tara. :tu:

Edited by iamdee1

You know, years ago, I thought they came out with a composite sketch of the person they believed may have been driving the van when the the polaroid was found.

Does anyone remember seeing that sketch or is it included in any of the crime books?

Edited by iamdee1

I'm not sure if you have seen this yet but here is some more information about Tara. It is a definite must see because it has compostite sketches of the suspects.

Thanks a lot for sharing, didn't had the time to see this. I am surprised that they have done sketches of the suspects, from what I have read nothing was done, not even sketches. I guess it's a brand new information, released for the first time for the documentary. Good job De.

Hey Jon,

I just re-read all the posts and I'm not sure how we both missed this fact. In your opening thread, it does state that Tara had a scar on her leg from being in a wreck so it appears that it is probably, most certainly, I'm sure it is Tara.

My bad, I just re-read my opening post and you are right about the scar on Tara's leg. My bad, I forgot everything about it, thank god you are here.

There's very little doubt in my mind that the girl on the picture is Tara. If Tara is in the picture then it means that the sheriff's story can't be true.

So if they do find out what happened to Tara and that she was killed, they could very well be charged. There was nothing mentioned on the site about accidental death.

The thing is, we would have to figure out the definition of accident.

If accident means it was like the Unsolved Mysteries segment where the truck was right on top of her, chasing her, that I believe was observed by witnesses, then I don't believe they should be charged with causing an accidental death, at the least, it should be manslaughter.

To just drop it and do nothing is just goofy unless of course there is more to the story.

That's what the sheriff said in his original story, that the boys told him that it was an accident. You are right, we would have to figure out what exactly they means by "accident", but then again I have doubt that the story is true...

Did you contact the TaraCalico Website today? Learn anything good?

I contacted them yesterday, still no answers. Hopefully I'll get one today. :)

I received an answer from the website.

Basically the woman told me that there are many things that are not released in the media and that the picture found in 1989 is still controversial.

She told me she also think the boy looks like David Borer, and that a lot of people think the boy might be David.

However she told me she is not convinced the girl in the picture is Tara.

She told me that Port St. Joe ( in Florida ) is a known port for the trafficking of women to get them out of the country, and that the two children in the picture probably left the US a long time ago.

She also told me that she feels like some people don't want the documentary to be released ( I won't go into details here ).

Wow. Surprising, isn't it ?? It seems like we are not the only one who believe the little boy might be David Borer. :yes:

Great work Jon. Yesterday, I came across a picture of Tara side by side with the abducted girls picture. They were so close in appearance. I'll see if I can find it again and post it here for all to see.

Great work Jon. Yesterday, I came across a picture of Tara side by side with the abducted girls picture. They were so close in appearance. I'll see if I can find it again and post it here for all to see.

Thanks De.

I agree, I'm more convinced that the girl in the picture is Tara than I believe the Sheriff's story.

The woman told me that the Sheriff is credible, but didn't said much.

Strange fact: the woman who sent me a email told me that they need money to edit the documentary. Strange. They release the trailer on Youtube while the documentary's future is in jeopardy ?? Very weird.

Still looking for the side by side comparisons that I saw yesterday.

Maybe they went ahead with the trailor hoping to pull in donations after people saw it. Just a thought.

While surfing the web, I found an article and it is the first time I saw this. It is from 2008 and tells how Tara was killed, or what they believe anyway, has interviews with the sherrif, her sister, and step-father. The step father goes public about about the sheriff letting the boys go that claimed to have killed Tara.

http://www.news-bulletin.com/news/83316-09-20-08.html

Edited by iamdee1

Thanks for the link De.

I'm waiting for an article showing evidences that the sheriff's story might be true.