Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can spirits haunt spirits?

Bray2003

I got a question regarding my last topic that had my EVPs. I was running EVPs at a cemetary near my house, in the EVP, I asked "can you tell me your last name?" i get a voice saying "Newman" then right after that it says it again only to add his first name "Rodrick Newman." The really scary thing is there is no Rodrick Newman buried on site. Which leaves me asking, can spirits who haunted a person haunt their spirit after the person being haunted is diseased?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bray2003

• rashore

• Spky777

• regretsz

meh, wouldn't flake about it.

EVP's are (IMO) questionable at best, utter polluted crap at the norm, and reading something into nothing at the worst.

That said.. could be just a random spook floating around being irritating. Cemeteries are places of the dead where the living expect to connect with the dead, so it's not unreasonable to think a dead not buried there might be hanging around. Might be a dead speaking up for Sh**s and giggles.

Can spooks haunt spooks? Maybe. But geez, the level of attachment involved to make a living thing into a mess with you dead thing... One would have to really, really love or hate someone to act like that. Or again, just be for jollies.

If ya got EVP's.. post them. If they are recorded, there's a way to post them.

Crap.. post them in this thread since that is what they pertain to. Or at least put up the connecting link,

I think EVP's are total crap, but let others make their judgement here in this thread where the question is asked.

Rodrick Newman?

I've heard of that name before.

Is it possible that he was unofficially buried at the cemetery?

• 3 months later...

Rodrick Newman?

I've heard of that name before.

Is it possible that he was unofficially buried at the cemetery?

sorry for the delay on the response, I took a break on the site for a while. umm it may be possible.. why you ask?

what is a evp?

Electronic Voice Phenomenon,or spirit voices captured on a tape recorder. :cat:

A good EVP is amazing proof. Unfortunately, a good one is rare.

I like EVP's because they interact with you. Interference picked up on your voice recorder from a passing taxi cab can't directly answer your questions!

Edited by acute alan

Most people are quick to think that whoever lived there is haunting the place. Also, if someone had a tragic thing happen to them and they are somehow there. I don't think thats always the case.

Based on my experience, I believe there are things making noises there aren't really who you think they are. Like if one day they open the door and you have heavy stomping. Then another day you find toys scattered. Another day you hear a woman crying and sobbing.

I think that they can be anything they want to be and do what they want to do. I think this is a kind of masking that is very scary, because it is always surprising and leaves you guessing What it is.

I have some evp's posted on you tube...

...which should take you to my channel...where I have others listed...if not you can look me up using my screen name... Katy47201 ...check some out and let me know what you think...

• 4 weeks later...

So let me get this straight, your theory is that there is a ghost haunting another ghost? Ghostseption?

BWAAAAAAHM. BWAAAAAAHM.

But seriously, the link is dead. Is the OP still around?

I got a question regarding my last topic that had my EVPs. I was running EVPs at a cemetary near my house, in the EVP, I asked "can you tell me your last name?" i get a voice saying "Newman" then right after that it says it again only to add his first name "Rodrick Newman." The really scary thing is there is no Rodrick Newman buried on site. Which leaves me asking, can spirits who haunted a person haunt their spirit after the person being haunted is diseased?

What this sounds like to me is that you want something to be paranormal so bad, you are trying to make stuff up as you go.

You think you are recording voices, and than you think you make out a name.Than you think you have a first and last name....

Cool, now you can go find the tombstone and have some evidence........But wait, their is no one there with that name, how could this be, I recorded the name.....This makes no sense, but wait.....what if.........

I hope you can see what I am getting at here, and I mean no offense by it.....I trully think this is a issue with a lot of " paranormal investigators ".

edit : ......I answered a old dead topic again......:blush: I think it may be time for a break.

Edited by Sakari

well, that shouldn't happen often.... if the person that the spirit was haunting has died, it would usually go away. Unless, it plans to stay longer and either... look for a way to go to it's next life or, it will continue to haunt there and try to drag people in to die so that person would have company.

• 1 month later...

I am convinced that some spirits deceive or are something evil. Just because their is a death or in this case a a list of deceased on the plot, doesn't mean that they are still there. In other words, evil things like to joke around and pretend they are someone else. I think most people laid to rest have moved on, while some of those that hang around are evil imposters.

Which leaves me asking, can spirits who haunted a person haunt their spirit after the person being haunted is diseased?

Presumably you meant to say 'deceased'...

Why should a name supposedly captured from a spirit, relate to a person whose body is buried in that location?