Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

About this wall street thing

preacherman76

I have been waiting to gather as much info as I could before I formed a opinion. Ive watched as the establishment right condemed it. While at the same time, Ive watched the establishment left doing thier best to become part of it. Then I listened to as many people, not just from NY, but from several protesters nation wide, as I could. Ive come to the conclution that I am totaly for this movement. It reminds me of the original tea party grass roots movement that started under Bush. Not the soon to follow GOP version of the tea party, but the one that consisted of regular middle class Americans who were frustrated with the governments excuses as to why they had to flush the American tax payers dollar down the bankster toilet. Going so far as to refusing to allow many establisment republicans to speak at the events in the first couple weeks.

Only this time its way better. Since 2008 large chunks of the American public have become well informed. The things many of these people are protesting go striaght to the heart of the matter. Which of course is the federal reserve, and the fractional banking system. And the military industrial complex is second on the targeted list. To my surprise Ive heard many people in these protest show support for Ron Paul. Democrate students supporting Ron Paul, now we are getting somewhere.

I only hope that the establishment left doesnt work thier way in enough to just continue the paradigm, like the establishment right did with the tea parties.

Now dont get me wrong, there are those involved who I dont agree with when it comes to the solutions they perceive to be correct. But even those folks see the problem for what it is, even if they want to turn the ship in another wrong direction. There is lots of common ground to consider when I think about those folks.

Anyhow, I fully endorse this movement, and I hope it only continues to grow to the point where these voices must be heard.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varelse

• Ravinar

• preacherman76

• thatRobGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

The sentiment is nice, but I doubt it'll make much of a difference.

I agree. :hmm:

people are finally coming to gather and seeing that what ever political group they support has become infested with big money. it seems no one republican or democrat speaks for the people any more.

but ya know what gives me hope for humanity? it is seeing how its being handled. there are no bloody revolutions going on. instead people are taking to the streets in peaceful protest. we humans have come a long way from the savagery of are ancestors.

people are finally coming to gather and seeing that what ever political group they support has become infested with big money. it seems no one republican or democrat speaks for the people any more.

but ya know what gives me hope for humanity? it is seeing how its being handled. there are no bloody revolutions going on. instead people are taking to the streets in peaceful protest. we humans have come a long way from the savagery of are ancestors.

Hope so. But push hasn't come to shove yet.

I'm all for it too. We need four separate political parties in this country. Golman, BoA, Citigroup, Fannie Mae, Wall Street, K Street, DC, ect have been very, very bad. Now they should suffer the setbacks of their poor decisions and attempts to escape penalty free.

What I hate is when people I know who should support this movement (Ron Paulers) start parroting the same old "nothing but tree hugger/welfare punks" because they're being spoon fed spun up talking points(propaganda) by the establishment gasbags on the media.

Edited by Framling

What I hate is when people I know who should support this movement (Ron Paulers) start parroting the same old "nothing but tree hugger/welfare punks" because they're being spoon fed spun up talking points(propaganda) by the establishment gasbags on the media.

like people who watch fact free fox news for anything other then entertainment.

Nail Hammer head. I admit, thats the reaction I wanted to have at first. I knew though that main stream, at least on one side, supported that view. So I thought to myself, is that really my opinion, or am I being fed this opinion? Thats when I decided to sit back, watch, and come to my own conclution. Listen to these folks before I decided with no real information (other then someone elses opinion) why they are there, and what they are standing for. Come to find out, these are my kinda folks. I think its great. If its still going on the next week day I have off, Im gonna take a little drive to wall street myself, and get a first hand look.

I hope it stays this way. The government would love to have a reason to crack down on these people. And will probably come up with one even if they stay peaceful. I believe its possible that this is the start of the second American revolution. But this war cant be won by force. The best weapon we have is information, and its spreading like a fire.

I hope it stays this way. The government would love to have a reason to crack down on these people. And will probably come up with one even if they stay peaceful. I believe its possible that this is the start of the second American revolution. But this war cant be won by force. The best weapon we have is information, and its spreading like a fire.

I don't know if anyone has heard about it or not. . .but something came out about Anonymous targeting Wall Street because of the protests. It's supposed to happen tomorrow, but some members came out and said that the release wasn't theirs. I guess we'll see tomorrow!

Any type of situation like this could turn nasty very quickly. All it would take would be a trigger happy police officer or a few protesters getting enraged (or one as the result of the other), and all hell will break loose. Nonviolence, indeed, is nice, and hopefully it will stay this way. . .But when you get so many people who are passionate about something together, like I said, it wouldn't take much to turn it into something else. Even if it doesn't, like you said, I'm sure something will come up that will cause it to end.

Not too long ago there was a thread where a lot of musing was going on about whether Americans would actually start protesting, and I think the resounding sentiment was "no, we're too lazy." So, it makes me feel better, at least, that we actually AREN'T that lazy and some people have actually gotten up and started doing something.

If Gandhi's saying is right (first they ignore you, then they mock you, then they fight you, then you win) then they're in for some violence in the future.

like people who watch fact free fox news for anything other then entertainment.

This is almost a quote from a post a made in another thread about a week ago.

I hate to sound like an a.joneser but I wouldnt be surprised if this ends with police/govt goons going undercover to stir up enough mayhem to give the police the excuse to start sweeping the streets.

Am I losing it?

I hate to sound like an a.joneser but I wouldnt be surprised if this ends with police/govt goons going undercover to stir up enough mayhem to give the police the excuse to start sweeping the streets.

Am I losing it?

Anything is possible. Seems like there are too many eyes on it now. A good thing in my EYES.

You might be losing it though if you meant hair, I can't tell.

P.S. I'm in corn country too!

If Gandhi's saying is right (first they ignore you, then they mock you, then they fight you, then you win) then they're in for some violence in the future.

Gandhi would know. Too bad they're so drunk on money they can't see history repeating itself.

Then again the Karcrashions are on tv, I want what they have! Don't tax teh rich1!1!00! I don't want to pay taxes when im a billionaire. Mine mine mine ALL MINE!

I figured out who the middle class and even most or the "rich" (rich as opposed to wealthy, -big difference in my book) who mock the wall street/banking reform movement remind me of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFUH_frhBw

They will forever be known as "Clayton Bigsbys".

Edited by Framling

Am I losing it?

I think it is more likely that the major banks that these protesters are targeting will hire some private goons to sabotage the protests. Of course, it will never be traced back to them and it will serve to possibly sway public opinion against the protests.

I think it is more likely that the major banks that these protesters are targeting will hire some private goons to sabotage the protests. Of course, it will never be traced back to them and it will serve to possibly sway public opinion against the protests.

I forgot about the Pinkertons. unsure.gif

or it backfires on them leading to full blown class warfare. the 1% vs the 99%. any wall-street fat cat with two braincells to rub together can see that thems not good odds. better to step down now before they find them selfs running from an angry lynch mob.