Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 Conservative Economic Myths Occupy Wall St.

conspiracybeliever

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conspiracybeliever

• Dredimus

• tapirmusic

• Daniel Carver

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Business does everything better than government.

Corporate conservatives argue that businesses and their one-dollar-one-vote system of decision-making is better and more efficient than We, the People's government and its one-person-one-vote system. They argue that constant competition, placing companies under constant fear of going under and people under constant fear of job-loss, focuses the mind like a pending execution.

Can you give an example of one thing the government has done well?

2. Rich people are “job creators.”

People really need to stop interchanging the world “people” and “business”.

3. Government and taxes take money out of the economy.

Taxes are used for a great many of things, this we all agree... However, billions of our tax dollars go to needless spending, and that is something you cannot deny.

4. Regulations Kill Jobs

It is my opinion, and the opinion of great many people that the government has no business regulating business in a free economy. The only thing they should stick their noses into where business is concerned is when it affects the welfare of the people, or the environment.

5. “Protectionism” hurts the economy.

What would happen if we shut down trade with China RIGHT NOW? No one produces like they do and that’s a fact. Have you ever thought that the main reason we trade with China is because they are actually the largest producer of consumer goods on the face of the planet? I’m all for regulating WHAT they can import here… based on environmental issues and the like. If you want to stop doing business with them… stop buying from them…

All that being said… I think more of the truth about this “Occupy Wallstreet” movement should come out, and the media is completely looking over it for the most part. I know that a few of the people there are there for what they feel is a good purpose, and I support that… your right to protest is protected and I have fought to protect it… however… a vast majority are not there for that purpose. See the links below:

Why would you do that?

The other elements

More

Even More

Oh... and dont forget this...

Obama + Wallstreet

What would happen if we shut down trade with China RIGHT NOW? No one produces like they do and that’s a fact.

True.

Their products are crap and break easily

Their toys for kids are often toxic

A lot of their physical gold production ends up being fake (Such as their gold bullion pandas)

It is my opinion, and the opinion of great many people that the government has no business regulating business in a free economy. The only thing they should stick their noses into where business is concerned is when it affects the welfare of the people, or the environment.

[

So do you also agree that business should not have their noses in where the welfare of people or the environment are concerned? Do you agree that our prisons and social services should not be in the hands of business?

So do you also agree that business should not have their noses in where the welfare of people or the environment are concerned? Do you agree that our prisons and social services should not be in the hands of business?

The the violence, gang numbers, overcrowding of prisons.... and the failing state of "social services".... I wouldn't mind letting companies bid on it and take it over.... Maybe companies could figure out a way to make a profit on the prisons instead of making them nothing more than a pit for tax payer dollars.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio runs his jail like a business, and no matter his faults (the behind the scenes accusations of shady deals that have not been proven) His prison has one of the highest reform rates in the country AND his jail gives back to the community using the prisoners as labor so that they earn their way and help the community... doesn't look to bad to me...

I think you are also reading a little deep into my environment and welfare comment... of course I didn't offer up much either. I don't believe the government should put sanctions on the environment that make it harder and harder for business to operate... but that's as far as I am taking that argument because I know it wont get far with this crowd.. have a good day!

Edited by Dredimus

The the violence, gang numbers, overcrowding of prisons.... and the failing state of "social services".... I wouldn't mind letting companies bid on it and take it over.... Maybe companies could figure out a way to make a profit on the prisons instead of making them nothing more than a pit for tax payer dollars.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio runs his jail like a business, and no matter his faults (the behind the scenes accusations of shady deals that have not been proven) His prison has one of the highest reform rates in the country AND his jail gives back to the community using the prisoners as labor so that they earn their way and help the community... doesn't look to bad to me...

I think you are also reading a little deep into my environment and welfare comment... of course I didn't offer up much either. I don't believe the government should put sanctions on the environment that make it harder and harder for business to operate... but that's as far as I am taking that argument because I know it wont get far with this crowd.. have a good day!

I think you are wrong about the prisons and social services. There are too many people making profits off them. That's the problem. And that sherriff is disgusting. He's probably the worst criminal in his jail.

I think you are wrong about the prisons and social services. There are too many people making profits off them. That's the problem. And that sherriff is disgusting. He's probably the worst criminal in his jail.

Do you have a basis for that opinion?

Do you have a basis for that opinion?

I do but I don't feel like repeating myself again.

I do but I don't feel like repeating myself again.

Thats fine.. I did a lil forum digging and found that you are fine with Sheriff Joe's tactics as long as they are being used on people like "Bush and Cheney".

Thats fine.. I did a lil forum digging and found that you are fine with Sheriff Joe's tactics as long as they are being used on people like "Bush and Cheney".

Apparently the forum is lying. Show me where you got that.

But... every contract fulfilled by prisoners might be a contract not awarded to honest, Law abiding citizens :unsure:

But... every contract fulfilled by prisoners might be a contract not awarded to honest, Law abiding citizens :unsure:

That's the plan. Slave labor. And no one knows any real numbers for these prisons. They create their own.