Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

[Merged x2] Live blog: FBI, DEA thwart terror plot in

ExpandMyMind
Editor's note: The FBI and the DEA have disrupted a plot involving Iran to commit terrorism inside the United States, a senior U.S. official told CNN Tuesday. The official said the alleged plan was directed by elements of the Iranian government and involved a plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States.

[Posted at 3:44 p.m. ET] A senior defense official said there has been no change to U.S. military posture in reaction to the terror plot allegedly backed by Iran. The official says American Navy ships in the region have not been re-positioned, and at this point there are no plans to do so.

arrow3.gifRead more...

FLOMBIE

Iranian charged in terror plot

U.S. officials on Tuesday said that they had foiled an elaborate terrorist plot backed by factions of the Iranian government aimed at assassinating the Saudi ambassador to Washington.

Would this be news that change the US agenda on Iran? Before, Iran was only accused of financing terrorist organizations or attacks, but has never sent agents to carry out their own attacks.

Officials described the details of the plot involving the ambassador as chilling, and alleged that Arbabsiar met with a DEA informant — who was posing as a representative of a Mexican drug cartel -- to arrange his killing.

FBI Director Robert Mueller is right when he says: "It reads like pages from a Hollywood script[...]" And a very cheap one, indeed. Iran hires the Mexican drug cartel to kill the Saudi ambassador. What's next?

Corp

Wonder how the Saudis will react.

Ok so how many posts until someone claims that this is nothing but an American lie used to pave the way for war with Iran? ;)

ExpandMyMind

Wonder how the Saudis will react.

Ok so how many posts until someone claims that this is nothing but an American lie used to pave the way for war with Iran? ;)

How the Saudis react (if at all) could have massive implications.

While there's nothing to suggest that the U.S. has had any hand in this, it would not be out of the realm of possibility.

In my opinion, this is more of an assassination attempt than a terrorist attack. At least, when other govts (Ours) do something like this, it's an assassination.

__Kratos__

So this happened weeks ago now and now they hold a press conference just as Eric Holder was about to get subpoenaed by the congressional investigators for fast and furious? Interesting! ;)

The Saudis are probably going to go batcrap crazy over this behind the scenes... Iran thinks that they're going to start their great holy war to bring back their 12th imam and they seem to be doing a good job of pressing buttons so far.

Uncle Sam

I am going to make a prediction like I always have, which I have been right about predicting the Arab Spring movement. After keeping a steady eye on Iran movements and comments they made while on international stage, plus their proxies near Israel and their influence in the Arab Spring. Everything that has happen is slowly building up to a stage where Iran will feel comfortable attack foreign nations using government sanction attacks instead of proxies. They want to display they have the power to reaches even United States while not directly attacking us.

They have made a serious mistake which will push them into war with Saudi Arabia, Israel, and America by trying to plan an assassination on American soil against Israel and Saudi Arabia Ambassadors. It is way too early for them to be taking bold moves against America and her allies. Not only this, it would lead to ruin for the Iran Nation by forcing the hand of these three countries to respond.

Responses to Iran’s Actions

America’s Response

As of lately, we been using general sanctions which involves sanctioning any company or businesses or military ties that involve the Iranian Oud Forces. Now America will respond by applying a much broader focus of Sanctions. This will also be accompanied by condemnation of plot to assassinate Israel and Saudi Arabia Ambassadors.

Mexico’s Response

For the Iranian government supplying Cartels within their borders, they will strongly condemn them and consider this an act of aggression against their nation. They will support America’s push for a much broader sanctions against Iran.

Saudi Arabia’s Response

This response will probably be the strongest against Iran, because they are currently at cold war against each other at the moment. It would further strain their ties and probably lead to a reinforcement of its borders near Iran. Sooner or later something is going to give which lead to a strike against either nation will result in retaliation attack.

Israel’s Response

Israel will be pushing strike against Iran as usual in the international community, but it would be shot down as usual as well. Israel’s leaders will beat their war drums, because Iran is responsible for the proxy war that is occurring today against Israel, supplying and support Hamas as well as Hezbollah that constantly fire missile off into Israel’s territory.

International Community’s Response

Wide Condemnation will be head by the International Community with calls for more sanctions against Iran for its actions. China and Russia will play along, but only for a short while. Russia and China always tend to try to bolster NATO and America any chance they could get, even if America or Israel was directly attacked by Iran or North Korea or Any Nation.

Iran’s Response to Pressure

As usual, Iran will try to write this off as a government conspiracy or a fairy tale. They also will threaten pull back from any nuclear talks and ban Nuclear Watchdogs from entering their nation. Not only this, they will accuse of America of staging this as a pretext for war with their nation, inciting more Anti-America views in Iran.

One Scenario

If Iran retaliates by trying to close off the Persian Gulf which is a vital oil route for many nations and have missiles strikes against American and NATO bases in the Middle East. Remember Iran threaten to carry out these threats if American and NATO places much broader sanctions against Iranian government back in 2009.

If this comes to pass, this will drag America and NATO into war with Iran. International condemnation and backing will follow with Saudi Arabia and Israel participating in the war. Other nations that depend on the vital Oil route through the Persian Gulf will participate in this war as well. Iran will be definitely isolated and closed off from the rest of the world, being spearheaded by bombing runs knocking out their nuclear plants.

America will definitely hold a Spec-Ops mission that involves Iran’s so called impenetrable nuclear plant, destroying it with high grade C-4 explosives throughout the plant, which will result in removal of all nuclear technology. International Ships off the coast of Iran will be firing missiles against Iranian Qud Forces bases, removing any attempt to retaliate against strikes. Bombing runs will be head to remove any stray forces that might be trying to hold out against International forces.

This would definitely spell doom for Iran. So if they choose their actions wisely, they just might be able to control damage control and only receive lighter sanctions against them. The ramifications of the Iranian government’s actions are tremendous. This action alone is an act of war if they susceeded.

Edited by Phox

Grandpa Greenman

I don't know. I don't trust the Saudis. I don't think my government should support any totalitarian government. I say go after the people who you can convict and put them in jail. I don't think there is anything that can be done about Iran at this time. To bad their solders can't think beyond their own interest or brainwashing and help dump their totalitarian government. But then I think that of all solders no matter what country they are fighting for.

I keep telling kids don't join the armed services. Let them have a war and nobody shows up.

Edited by Darkwind

Ryinrea

**** no more wars! <_< <_< <_<