Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

53 Percent Vs the 99 Percent

Ravinar

Cenk really exposes the failing logic of those among us who are apart of the 99% whether they like it or not who are still letting themselves be brainwashed by the wall-street propaganda mill. a.k.a the mainstream media.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• F3SS

• Ravinar

• conspiracybeliever

Excuse me...how can 53 percent be against the 99 percent?

Am I missing something here?

Excuse me...how can 53 percent be against the 99 percent?

Am I missing something here?

nope. its just as retarded as it looks.

Thank you...I know I'm getting a little older, but I was hoping I wasn't getting senile just yet. lol

Edited by Michelle

You're not really answering her question.

The 99% movement is based on how the lower income people make up 99% of the population, and the rich are divided in the upper 1%.

This guy is instead calling himself part of the 53%, as in the part of that 99% that actually pays income taxes, as the rest of that 99% have not been paying their income tax. The video goes on to criticize him for not including other taxes besides just income tax.

edit - These young turks apparently are not any different from any other of the major news channels in their use of rhetoric, jabs, and insults at the opposing side. I agree with their main point here, but the way it is presented is just more of the same crap we have to see today in newscasts. Us vs. them, no holds barred. :rolleyes:

Wish the OP could give a little more insight than posting the video, saying some are being brainwashed, and calling them "retarded" more or less, but hey, that's just me.

Edited by Jerry Only

Wow! what a retard! Lol I just saw this on the channel but this man is a sheep.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that chef that got welfare is just so stupid.

Edited by Ryinrea

Hey that's great! Now let's say.. you have some kind of medical emergency.. three jobs any health insurance? Yes? Ok well that's good. But let's say that your injuries result in you being unable to perform your job/s. This means your boss/es will more then likely "downsize" and "terminate" your position. Welp, there goes your insurance either way.. either you lose it because of losing your job/s or you have to cancel it because you can't afford to keep it anymore. Well damn... you still have some medical bills to pay...

You could charge it on your credit cards, but then... how are you going to pay those? You have to pay property/school/ect ect taxes.. rent or mortgage...

your oh so well made life is just going deeper and deeper down the tubes because life gave you a wild card.

You are the 53% who have yet to be given that card.... try not to let your ego get to big there, you never know what will happen the next day.

Hey that's great! Now let's say.. you have some kind of medical emergency.. three jobs any health insurance? Yes? Ok well that's good. But let's say that your injuries result in you being unable to perform your job/s. This means your boss/es will more then likely "downsize" and "terminate" your position. Welp, there goes your insurance either way.. either you lose it because of losing your job/s or you have to cancel it because you can't afford to keep it anymore. Well damn... you still have some medical bills to pay...

You could charge it on your credit cards, but then... how are you going to pay those? You have to pay property/school/ect ect taxes.. rent or mortgage...

your oh so well made life is just going deeper and deeper down the tubes because life gave you a wild card.

You are the 53% who have yet to be given that card.... try not to let your ego get to big there, you never know what will happen the next day.

Just saying I found your insight refreshing, as it included more than retard, brainwash, and sheep.

as the rest of that 99% have not been paying their income tax.

because they are too poor to owe any. A big problem right there.

because they are too poor to owe any. A big problem right there.

Well, 47% are not too poor to pay federal income tax. Many just choose to not pay it. Which you can argue that federal income tax is unconstitutional anyway. But to say they are all too poor to pay it isn't being accurate.

Again people are using numbers cooked up by the MSM and extremist views. The percentages of how many people pay taxes are skewed and warped. They include students, children and even infants...so yes...as a part of the "entire" population...the numbers look big...but it is a lie. Everyone that has a job above poverty level pays taxes...someone really needs to kill this smokescreen of lies and deceit they are using to hide the truth...it is being used as a distraction technique to get people to look away from those who should be paying more and are not.

They include students, children and even infants...

That isn't true.

so yes...as a part of the "entire" population...the numbers look big...but it is a lie.

Sort of, but not in the way you you listed above.

Everyone that has a job above poverty level pays taxes...

Also false.

someone really needs to kill this smokescreen of lies and deceit they are using to hide the truth...

I get that bad things are happening here like you say, but it would be fair to research the information you're giving, before defaulting to the smokescreen offense. Because, smokescreen or not, your facts are wrong. Which would lead some to possibly not believe your stance.

Here's a good article that mentions how the statistics aren't accurate, and answers a lot of other related questions fairly well: Who's not paying their dues?

Edited by Jerry Only

Everyone that has a job above poverty level pays taxes...

Really? From someone in the small time construction industry you'd be simply amazed to see how many little contracting crews are out there which I can garauntee make well above poverty level income and pay nothing in taxes. You can almost bet that if your handyman or contractor is asking for cash they aren't claiming any of it and there's a chance they abuse government assitance. Not just cash but checks too, they just go to the bank which the check belongs to and cash it. So you have the contractor getting cash and paying his "employees" cash and you can bet they don't claim income either. A lot of income tax is based on the taxee being honest. How about freelance photographers and artists? How many people do you know who have hired a photographer for their wedding and sent them and the IRS a 1099 to prove business was conducted? Probably none and it's up to the payee to be honest an forthcoming about their income. Do you really trust people that much? I see nothing wrong with making some occasional cash on the side but there is a real problem with people who make it a way of life and especially when they do that AND leech off the taxpayers by way of government assitance. I could rant forever about this but your statement is 100% inaccurate and the rich pay far more than enough.

Edited by Is it for real

From what I've heard the 53% is supposed to reference those who are actually drawing out of the government rather then paying in. Most people who are below poverty actually draw money out of the government. Be this welfare, unemployment, social security, retirements, tax refunds, medicare or medicaid. The way I heard it was that we need to spend as much effort trying to police/monitor/evaluate these people who are getting government money, so that waste is minimized.

Wanting waste minimized is just as important as increasing revenues.

From what I've heard the 53% is supposed to reference those who are actually drawing out of the government rather then paying in. Most people who are below poverty actually draw money out of the government. Be this welfare, unemployment, social security, retirements, tax refunds, medicare or medicaid. The way I heard it was that we need to spend as much effort trying to police/monitor/evaluate these people who are getting government money, so that waste is minimized.

Wanting waste minimized is just as important as increasing revenues.

This is true. There are a lot of people cheating but the poverty numbers need to be raised also. They are ridiculous.

This is true. There are a lot of people cheating but the poverty numbers need to be raised also. They are ridiculous.

I definately don't think we need to just End government programs, and I don't think these 53% people want that either. They just want better management of the resources that are given out to the people.

I definately think that we should try to confront poverty, but the question is how? Without chasing off jobs overseas, or bankrupting buisnesses, or giving a free pass on bad small business loans. How can you get the donut store down the street to pay their 8 workers $30,000 a year, rather then $15,000 and able to absorb that $120,000 of more expenses without raising prices, cutting the buisinesses net, or putting the shop out of business. Sure, people think that it can just come out of the Net Profits, but small buisiness (Who employ like 66% of Americans, right?) are usually just squeeking by.

In brief... wages can not be raised without massive inflation, which would result in wages being worth less. And thus the cycle repeats.

Edited by DieChecker

I definately don't think we need to just End government programs, and I don't think these 53% people want that either. They just want better management of the resources that are given out to the people.

I definately think that we should try to confront poverty, but the question is how? Without chasing off jobs overseas, or bankrupting buisnesses, or giving a free pass on bad small business loans. How can you get the donut store down the street to pay their 8 workers $30,000 a year, rather then $15,000 and able to absorb that $120,000 of more expenses without raising prices, cutting the buisinesses net, or putting the shop out of business. Sure, people think that it can just come out of the Net Profits, but small buisiness (Who employ like 66% of Americans, right?) are usually just squeeking by.

In brief... wages can not be raised without massive inflation, which would result in wages being worth less. And thus the cycle repeats.

Thank you! People don't understand that when you are a small business owner, in hard times, you have to pay all the bills and the employees before you pay yourself sometimes. That's why so many businesses fold in the first few years. People think if they own their own business they will have it made. That's a laugh....

Just saying I found your insight refreshing, as it included more than retard, brainwash, and sheep.

Or well.. speaking from experience.. But that's ok, you can call me a retarded brainwashed sheep... ad hominem are always welcomed.. (sarcasm)

Or well.. speaking from experience.. But that's ok, you can call me a retarded brainwashed sheep... ad hominem are always welcomed.. (sarcasm)

Huh? Read the only 2 other posters before you, your post, then re-read what you quoted by me. I think you severely misread.

Huh? Read the only 2 other posters before you, your post, then re-read what you quoted by me. I think you severely misread.

Ah! well then, I apologize.

I don't think the guy is a retard or anything.. just lucky not to have had anything bad happen to him yet.. and that sort of lulls people into thinking what they're doing is right, and if anyone else is having issues, then it's their fault. they made "poor decisions" Which regardless if it were that or something unexpected like strokes/heart attacks.. getting hit by a car.. house burning down.. It's still rather off putting to be told that it's 100% your fault.

I liken people like this chap to 1%.. "I've got mine, sod the rest, it's your fault you're in poverty!" Too lulled to see what is truly happening and lacking empathy to others who are having major issues.

I've seen a 21 year old college student who went like this man.. saying she was set.. paying her way through college with scholarships.. living in a small cheap apartment and living below her means.. working 30 hours a week to pay for what she needs.. No smart phone or new car.. yadda yadda.. then adds "I took responsibility, and because you guys didn't you're in this issue." Basically blaming them for their predicament. All I said to her was you better pray to whatever you believe in you never have a medical emergency or something happens to your scholarships.. all it takes is one bit of bad luck to send your perfectly "reasonable living" down the crapper.

I don't think it's just taxation that's the problem , migration from third world countries keeps the social welfare expenses high , very high .... And there is a way to make the wealthy pay their share , but America would never embrace it , and that is vote in a Communist Government , at least then every one would have access to free health , and it might be the best way to straighten everything out ? .... And when everything is working properly go back to the Capitalist system . :huh:

Ah! well then, I apologize.

I don't think the guy is a retard or anything.. just lucky not to have had anything bad happen to him yet.. and that sort of lulls people into thinking what they're doing is right, and if anyone else is having issues, then it's their fault. they made "poor decisions" Which regardless if it were that or something unexpected like strokes/heart attacks.. getting hit by a car.. house burning down.. It's still rather off putting to be told that it's 100% your fault.

I liken people like this chap to 1%.. "I've got mine, sod the rest, it's your fault you're in poverty!" Too lulled to see what is truly happening and lacking empathy to others who are having major issues.

I've seen a 21 year old college student who went like this man.. saying she was set.. paying her way through college with scholarships.. living in a small cheap apartment and living below her means.. working 30 hours a week to pay for what she needs.. No smart phone or new car.. yadda yadda.. then adds "I took responsibility, and because you guys didn't you're in this issue." Basically blaming them for their predicament. All I said to her was you better pray to whatever you believe in you never have a medical emergency or something happens to your scholarships.. all it takes is one bit of bad luck to send your perfectly "reasonable living" down the crapper.

No kidding. The difference is I know it's not someone elses fault I didn't buy health insurance all the while realizing what a risk it is not to have any. I'd be damning myself for not being responsible enough.

I don't think it's just taxation that's the problem , migration from third world countries keeps the social welfare expenses high , very high .... And there is a way to make the wealthy pay their share , but America would never embrace it , and that is vote in a Communist Government , at least then every one would have access to free health , and it might be the best way to straighten everything out ? .... And when everything is working properly go back to the Capitalist system . :huh:

I hope that's nothing you'd like to see happen?

the shear disgusting, bold faced, petrifying, stupidity of your post leaves me at a loss for words.

No kidding. The difference is I know it's not someone elses fault I didn't buy health insurance all the while realizing what a risk it is not to have any. I'd be damning myself for not being responsible enough.

news flash! not every one can afford health insurance!