Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained pic.

skeptik19

I took this pic while camping just east of San Diego, CA about a year ago. Camp Cuyamaca.

I was taking random pics with my digital camera of the site just before sundown. I never saw this with my own eyes, I saw it a minute later while going through the few I just shot.

I thought it would be easier to find interested people and I don't know how I feel about this kind of stuff but I thought it needed to be out there for the pros to analyze.

http://i.imgur.com/N363g.jpg

please let me know what you think

post-122032-0-53053100-1318453472_thumb.

Edited by skeptik19

I took this pic while camping just east of San Diego, CA about a year ago. Camp Cuyamaca.

I was taking random pics with my digital camera of the site just before sundown. I never saw this with my own eyes, I saw it a minute later while going through the few I just shot.

I thought it would be easier to find interested people and I don't know how I feel about this kind of stuff but I thought it needed to be out there for the pros to analyze.

Smoke from a fire behind that log?

But of course you're gonna say that there was no fire. So I suppose my real answer... I don't know enough about you or the circumstances involved to even make an educated guess.

I'm not a hardcore debunking kinda person but, I think that is just cigarette smoke. Was anyone smoking at the time that this was taken?

San Diego... It's hippies. It's always hippies in San Diego or San Fransisco.

Nah, San Diego has the surfers.

And Shamu.

Smoke. That's all it is, plain and simple. There was a fire there or something else that could produce smoke, whether you were aware of it or not. Then again, I suppose that I'm being a bit too cynical here. Feh.

reflection of the sun or sky off of a smudge on the lens, thats my 1st guess. I took a rainbow picture a few weeks ago and behold had a ufo in the picture only it was really a micro raindrop on the lens.

Looks to me like either a flaw in the film or a smudge on the lens somewhere.

probably smoke. Does anyone else see the many faces in the mountain and trees behind it?

oh and your lense looks pretty dirty.

Edited by psychoticmike

I know this is a typical answer but it looks photoshopped, it really does. I am not accusing you, in case you get all angry at me. Just my opinion.

I expected all of this and more.

it's the internet

I know this is a typical answer but it looks photoshopped, it really does. I am not accusing you, in case you get all angry at me. Just my opinion.

it's the internet

Well, yeah. Did you think you would post that pic and get handed an award for providing proof for the existence of ghosts or something? Of course it and you will be questioned.

it's the internet

You don't seem skeptical enough to have the name 'skeptik19'.

What do you think it is?

I think what is unexplained is.. if you expect "pro's to analyze" this, why you haven't told us what camera it was and why you have posted a tiny, exif-stripped non-original 640 x 480 image that is very heavily jpeg compressed to the point where it contains virtually no usable detail...

Looks like cigarette smoke.

Cigarette-Smoke.jpg

No photo manipulation required.

might just be condensation from breathe, though it looks more like smoke.

Don't see anything that would make it paranormal.

If it is cigarette or smoke from a fire, why does it go up and come back down again. I'm a smoker and we have a fire pit and I have never seen smoke do that before? Smoke usually goes up and fades away.

If it's a paranormal activity, I would say it looks the most like a doorway of some sort, although, I have to admit I've never seen anything like it before.

If your camera lens is dirty, clean it. :lol:

If it is cigarette or smoke from a fire, why does it go up and come back down again. I'm a smoker and we have a fire pit and I have never seen smoke do that before? Smoke usually goes up and fades away.

...huh? That doesn't make any sense. The smoke in the pic isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. There are these things called air currents that carry smoke all over the place...

Edited by Moonie2012

You don't see the arch shape in it? What would cause that? If it is smoke, then what, two fires that meet in the middle?

There is definitely two points that are coming up and/or going down to the ground.

And why would the smoke at the top come to a dead stop and not be seen higher up?

Edited by iamdee1

You don't see the arch shape in it? What would cause that? If it is smoke, then what, two fires that meet in the middle?

There is definitely two points that are coming up and/or going down to the ground.

And why would the smoke at the top come to a dead stop and not be seen higher up?

Smoke and wind can form whatever random shape(s) it wants to at any random moment in time, it's fluid not solid. I don't understand what your point is.

Edited by Moonie2012