Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wet spots!

Thevillain

Searching around the web, I saw about two stories similar to mine, but they were old and not very insightful. Let it be known that the activity I'm about to explain has stopped and I haven't experienced it for quite some time; but it is still fresh on my mind, and remains a mystery to all who witnessed. About a year ago, I decided it was time to move my bedroom around. I'm completely changed the layout of my room. Shortly after, I awoke one morning soaked from my mid back to my mid thigh. Assuming the most obvious explanation was the truth, I told no one, embarrassed that I had apparently wet the bed. It did occur to me that it was strange that only my backside was wet, and no part of the front of my body, or blankets on top of me were wet. The sheets underneath me and the mattress were soaked. I got up, cleaned myself up, opened my window so the sun was shining on my bed, and set a fan aimed atthe wet spot. When I got home, I was surprised to see that my bed was still wet. I slept on a towel that night. The next morning, I woke up wet. This night, I wasn't soaked, because the towel had absorbed much of the wetness. The water (or whatever it was) had finally soaked through the towel and just now reached me. Now, this towel was the thickest one I had, and it was folded in half and then half again. I checked under the towel to find that the mattress was even more soaked than the morning before, yet I wasn't wet at all. So much for me wetting the bed. I began my investigation. I do keep a cup of water on my nightstand, but it holds nowhere near enough water to soak my mattress and my towel, not to mention it can't quite walk over to my bed, squeeze under my back and pour itself out. The thought also crossed my mind that someone could possibly be playing a prank on me. However, the only other people in the house are my parents who are in their 50s and who aren't much into pranks. Then of course there is our family dog. Who is trained to not come into my room, and is not likely to be able to urinate on everything under me, but nothing on top of, or me. Then leaks. No leaks anywhere in my room. I smelled the spot and it was odorless. I showed my parents who had no explanations I hadn't already dismissed. It took about 4 days of of sunshine on the bed, soaking it with a towel, and fanning it to get it dry. I then had about half a night of dryness. Then the wet spot again. Another 4 days. This went on for months. I would set my alarm for midway through the night, wake up, and rotate my bed so that the most fresh wet spot was at my feet. I recalled that my father had once told my of paranormal experience he had suffered as a young man, that would only occur while his bed was on a certain wall of the room. I was tired of my makeshift waterbed. So I tried this solution. I dried out my bed one last time, and rearranged my room again. Since taking my bed out of the position it was in, my bed has been 100% dry. I am planning on eventually placing the bed back in the previous position to see if the wet spots come back. And I still check the area of my room to make sure that nothing else is getting wet there. It has only ever been my bed, in that one spot of the room. Thoughts?

Searching around the web, I saw about two stories similar to mine, but they were old and not very insightful. Let it be known that the activity I'm about to explain has stopped and I haven't experienced it for quite some time; but it is still fresh on my mind, and remains a mystery to all who witnessed. About a year ago, I decided it was time to move my bedroom around. I'm completely changed the layout of my room. Shortly after, I awoke one morning soaked from my mid back to my mid thigh. Assuming the most obvious explanation was the truth, I told no one, embarrassed that I had apparently wet the bed. It did occur to me that it was strange that only my backside was wet, and no part of the front of my body, or blankets on top of me were wet. The sheets underneath me and the mattress were soaked. I got up, cleaned myself up, opened my window so the sun was shining on my bed, and set a fan aimed atthe wet spot. When I got home, I was surprised to see that my bed was still wet. I slept on a towel that night. The next morning, I woke up wet. This night, I wasn't soaked, because the towel had absorbed much of the wetness. The water (or whatever it was) had finally soaked through the towel and just now reached me. Now, this towel was the thickest one I had, and it was folded in half and then half again. I checked under the towel to find that the mattress was even more soaked than the morning before, yet I wasn't wet at all. So much for me wetting the bed. I began my investigation. I do keep a cup of water on my nightstand, but it holds nowhere near enough water to soak my mattress and my towel, not to mention it can't quite walk over to my bed, squeeze under my back and pour itself out. The thought also crossed my mind that someone could possibly be playing a prank on me. However, the only other people in the house are my parents who are in their 50s and who aren't much into pranks. Then of course there is our family dog. Who is trained to not come into my room, and is not likely to be able to urinate on everything under me, but nothing on top of, or me. Then leaks. No leaks anywhere in my room. I smelled the spot and it was odorless. I showed my parents who had no explanations I hadn't already dismissed. It took about 4 days of of sunshine on the bed, soaking it with a towel, and fanning it to get it dry. I then had about half a night of dryness. Then the wet spot again. Another 4 days. This went on for months. I would set my alarm for midway through the night, wake up, and rotate my bed so that the most fresh wet spot was at my feet. I recalled that my father had once told my of paranormal experience he had suffered as a young man, that would only occur while his bed was on a certain wall of the room. I was tired of my makeshift waterbed. So I tried this solution. I dried out my bed one last time, and rearranged my room again. Since taking my bed out of the position it was in, my bed has been 100% dry. I am planning on eventually placing the bed back in the previous position to see if the wet spots come back. And I still check the area of my room to make sure that nothing else is getting wet there. It has only ever been my bed, in that one spot of the room. Thoughts?

Are all computers these days being built without return keys? That's my big unexplained mystery... where did all of the enter keys of the world go? *Cue the theme to the X-Files*

Okay, now that I got that out of the way. Your problem. Wet spots in your bed. Inexplicable wet spots none the less. Let's start out simple enough, is your bed a waterbed?

Nope

I see.

My next question would have to be... did you take photos of the spots and accompanying area around the bed? You say that this phenomenon continued for months after all, and memory recollection alone, especially after a prolonged amount of time, can prove to be faulty and unreliable. So what you think you saw now may not be what you actually did.

I do not have photos, but I have three witnesses not including myself.

Three witnesses... all prone to the very human error of false recollection, I'm afraid. If anything, you have simply multiplied the chance of a false memory or information having creeped into your collective subconsciousness.

If you had the spot there, and it in fact was a reliably repetable event, it would seem like a natural step to in fact document it.

All I can really suggest is that you move your bed back and see if it appears again. If it does, take some quality pictures. If it doesn't... well, what can I say. It's just a another one of those anecdotal stories...

Edited by Mike G

A picture of a wet spot isn't going to prove anything. Did you check for a leak in the ceiling?

If the story is to be believed you have a repeatable, measurable, physical paranormal event happening here. Call a university, get a sample of the liquid, get it tested. You could be rich and famous.

On the other hand, you could find out your dog (or yourself or the ceiling) is p***ing on you every night.

Edited by Moonie2012

A picture of a wet spot isn't going to prove anything.

Well, nothing he could possibly do over the internet is ever going to "prove anything". I suggested some images because, although I could ask a half a million more questions about the material/position of his bed and surrounding area, a snapshot of the layout would convey all of that info instantly. More so if it contains an actual wet spot, where we would be able to observe the size and relationship to nearby materials.

Well, nothing he could possibly do over the internet is ever going to "prove anything". I suggested some images because, although I could ask a half a million more questions about the material/position of his bed and surrounding area, a snapshot of the layout would convey all of that info instantly. More so if it contains an actual wet spot, where we would be able to observe the size and relationship to nearby materials.

...and that's assuming he doesn't just dump a glass of water onto a mattress.

My point being, a puddle is so simple to hoax it isn't worth the time posting a picture of it.

Edited by Moonie2012

...and that's assuming he doesn't just dump a glass of water onto a mattress.

My point being, a puddle is so simple to hoax it isn't worth the time posting a picture of it.

Well, at any point since the initial post was made you could have made the assumption that he was a liar and have been done with it.

For the purposes of discussion, and at his own statement that this phenomenon appears to be easily repeatable, I suggested that he take a picture. To share. Again, for discussion's sake. Because at this point, all we do have to go by is the story from his OP. And although filled with many, many, many (many) words, it still does not convey what a simple image could.

At this point, it is simply interesting to see what comes next. Either way (image or not) should tell us something.

I thought this reminded me of a topic I saw here a long time ago. Found it: Link

Forgive me for stating the obvious but the op is not disputing the fact of whether it could be paranormal and doesn't appear to be asking whether you believe the op or not... As far as I can see the op simply asked if anyone had any thoughts on what it could be that they have not already covered.

Mike G - I can see that you are a sceptic (me too, before you jump on me), and I think that's adorable but do you really think that it takes a photograph to prove a wet bed? Are 4 people really incapable of giving a credible answer to "that bed is wet/not wet". I'd dread to hear your evidence required for whether the US President is black or not.

Mike G - I can see that you are a sceptic (me too, before you jump on me), and I think that's adorable but do you really think that it takes a photograph to prove a wet bed?

I can understand what you are saying.

But I think you are misinterpreting my posts, or at least your interpretations of what I was asking for and why seem to indicate that. I wasn't asking him to take a picture to prove anything.

Let me give you an example (at the risk of derailing this entire thread) and maybe you can see more clearly where I am coming from.

It is like if someone here created a topic where they stated that every time they hung up their laundry outside, a tall, bipedal, ape-like creature would shamble out of the woods to smell it. And that this went on steadily for months. Eventually, this bothered them to the point where, let's say, they bought a dryer. And after that, apparently because the conditions had been altered, the tall, bi-pedal, hairy ape thing wasn't seen again.

If someone said that, the first thing I would ask is that they forgo the dryer, hang their clothes outside to dry again, and, hoping that it returns, snap a pic of it. To go back to what Moonie said, sure, the OP'ster could go down to the party supply store and rent a gorilla suit for the afternoon and snap some pics of themselves rummaging through their undergarments.

Or maybe the tall, hairy, bipedal ape-like creature will return.

Or possibly, nothing at all out of the ordinary would occur.

But regardless of which of those possibilities happens (or, at least is reported to have happened), we will have more information than we started with. I am not calling anyone in this topic a liar. Just asking that more data be made available. And the request isn't for anything excessive, just "move your bed, let us know what happens. If something noteworthy appears, take a picture and post it."

If you interpret or read in any notes of condescending skepticism, I assure you, they are wholly a product of your own mind.

Edited by Mike G

I can understand what you are saying.

But I think you are misinterpreting my posts, or at least your interpretations of what I was asking for and why seem to indicate that. I wasn't asking him to take a picture to prove anything.

Let me give you an example (at the risk of derailing this entire thread) and maybe you can see more clearly where I am coming from.

It is like if someone here created a topic where they stated that every time they hung up their laundry outside, a tall, bipedal, ape-like creature would shamble out of the woods to smell it. And that this went on steadily for months. Eventually, this bothered them to the point where, let's say, they bought a dryer. And after that, apparently because the conditions had been altered, the tall, bi-pedal, hairy ape thing wasn't seen again.

If someone said that, the first thing I would ask is that they forgo the dryer, hang their clothes outside to dry again, and, hoping that it returns, snap a pic of it. To go back to what Moonie said, sure, the OP'ster could go down to the party supply store and rent a gorilla suit for the afternoon and snap some pics of themselves rummaging through their undergarments.

Or maybe the tall, hairy, bipedal ape-like creature will return.

Or possibly, nothing at all out of the ordinary would occur.

But regardless of which of those possibilities happens (or, at least is reported to have happened), we will have more information than we started with. I am not calling anyone in this topic a liar. Just asking that more data be made available. And the request isn't for anything excessive, just "move your bed, let us know what happens. If something noteworthy appears, take a picture and post it."

If you interpret or read in any notes of condescending skepticism, I assure you, they are wholly a product of your own mind.

I was mainly teasing about the "adorable sceptic" comment but I guess it doesn't translate well without the aid of emoticons.

Id like to see a topic about the creature you mentioned. That would be worthwhile.

I do plan on changing my room back to the previous layout, but not for awhile as it is a pain to move all my furniture. I apologize for the length of the post, I tend to ramble. I did check for leaks. And nothing in the area before or since has come up wet.

I don't have a video camera nor do I have the budget for one as I am putting myself through college. I can however take a pic of the previous location of the bed if anyone wants

No one ever has a video camera. The reason is always school. No offense, just saying.

I've seen that A LOT.

• Like 1

Sorry. I'm new and I swear I'm not copying anyone. It's the truth.

Didn't mean to imply that. No problem. Welcome to UM!

i saw a thing on tv (which makes it true by the way XD) about a kid who made it rain inside because he was possessed. but also it could be poltergeist activity, but usually a person causes the activity itself, its not a ghost. a weird paranormal energy thing. (i also saw this on tv) :w00t: