Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

occupy cleanup

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Did anyone catch the news this morning showing occupy protesters scrubbing the streets and cleaning up. After they cleaned the site they were protesting at the city said they are welcome to stay.

Could someone help with a link. I'm still getting used to this phone. Thank you to whomever assists

I guess they are not just trying to trash the place eh. They were told to vacate so the city could clean. And it seemed as though the movement felt it was their responsibility to clean up and not the tax payers. Good job guys. Like I said after they cleaned the city came and said they do not have to vacate Any longer.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• Michelle

• thatRobGuy

• Daniel Carver

Top Posters In This Topic

Responding to what he called unsanitary conditions at the private park in Lower Manhattan that has served as home base to the Occupy Wall Street protest for more than three weeks, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said Wednesday night that protesters would be made to leave temporarily as the property was cleaned in stages.

Mr. Bloomberg made the announcement after visiting the park, Zuccotti Park, for the first time and informing the protesters in person that the cleaning would begin Friday, a statement released by his office said.

He cited deteriorating sanitary conditions as the reason the park’s owner, Brookfield Properties, wrote a letter to the city conveying its concerns “about its inability to clean the park and maintain it in a condition fit for public use.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/13/nyregion/protesters-told-they-will-have-to-leave-zuccotti-park-temporarily.html

It is my impression that the protesters were trashing the place and were forced into a clean-up when threatened with evacuations.

Edited by Michelle

They were told to vacate yet they cleaned it instead of walking away.

Thank you for posting the story and link.

I don't know all the details, BUT if they cleaned out of their own good intentions I say that is something to appreciate. It's hard enough to get a lot of people together to serve one purpose, it's quite another to get them to do something for the greater good despite beliefs.

Thank you for posting the story and link.

No problem...

I don't know all the details, BUT if they cleaned out of their own good intentions I say that is something to appreciate. It's hard enough to get a lot of people together to serve one purpose, it's quite another to get them to do something for the greater good despite beliefs.

They could have just walked away. They chose to clean themselves. They did have motivation of vacating though.they should have kept it clean to begin with though. But at least they took responsibility of the cleanup instead of having someone else foot the bill.

Yup, and that is something that you have to appreciate. I mean... It's pretty easy to make a mess and walk away... Physically or philosophically.

Unfortunately, the true "OWS" protestors were left to clean up the mess of trouble makers, drug addicts, and homeless.

That's nice that you said something good about " true ows protestors "

But I have to add the entirety of your post is conjecture. Why discriminate on homeless and add in the favorite drug addicts. BTW they are all troublemakers. Hence the protest. Not trying to pick on you but I can't just sit back and read factless discrimination.

You simply could have said that the ones that cleaned up I consider the true ows protestors. And left it at that.

Unfortunately, the true "OWS" protestors were left to clean up the mess of trouble makers, drug addicts, and homeless.

But surely these valiant defenders of the 99% would be happy to defend and support other members of the 99%.