Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Experts: U.S. must spend on infrastructure

questionmark

WASHINGTON, October 15 (UPI) -- Experts say roads and mass transit systems in the United States need billions and even trillions of dollars in investment in the next few years.

At a transportation conference Friday sponsored by Washington Post Live, they also said there is little public pressure for that kind of spending.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• BlindMessiah

• make me believe

Top Posters In This Topic

If reports like this are to be believed America is on the fast track to becoming like the Soviet Union, broke, defunct and derelict.

If reports like this are to be believed America is on the fast track to becoming like the Soviet Union, broke, defunct and derelict.

We can't go bankrupt; we print our own money.

Three things broke the might of the USSR:

Chernobyl

Consecutive Wheat Failure

Afghanistan

We are already half way there... all it would take is a 1930s drought in conjunction with this recession, and our endless Mideast wars, and we will be the USSR part deux.

Three things broke the might of the USSR:

Chernobyl

Consecutive Wheat Failure

Afghanistan

We are already half way there... all it would take is a 1930s drought in conjunction with this recession, and our endless Mideast wars, and we will be the USSR part deux.

I think Chernobyl was the sign that the end had come and gone for the USSR, it only failed because they didn't have the money to maintain it.

I really think America's Chernobyl will be this apparently inabilty to maintain their roads - the literal lifeblood of America. Something that's a nail in the coffin and a sign of failure.

We can't go bankrupt; we print our own money.

you can print as much money as you want, but once nobody takes it in exchange of goods it cannot even be used as toilet paper.

I think Chernobyl was the sign that the end had come and gone for the USSR, it only failed because they didn't have the money to maintain it.

I really think America's Chernobyl will be this apparently inabilty to maintain their roads - the literal lifeblood of America. Something that's a nail in the coffin and a sign of failure.

Chernobyl failed due to human error, not lack of maintenance. Many plants of the same type still operate in the former East Bloc, including Russia.

Too bad our current President p***ed away hundreds of billions that was supposed to go to infrastructure (shovel ready b****es!!!!) to pay off his crony union supporters and campaign donors (Solyndra anyone?). And best of all, he wants to do it again!

So I guess the next bridge collapse will be on him, right? Or will it somehow be Bush's fault?

Hahaha, it takes a panel of experts to say infrastructure needs help? That's a NSS moment.

And it's not the current pres or the last one.. or the one before that. Our infrastructure has been languishing for a while now. Sadly, it's likely that it will continue to languish into the next couple of pres terms too.