Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

End of World Coming Oct. 21, Camping Says

Still Waters

The radio preacher who predicted Judgment Day on May 21 has not backed down from his claims that the end of the world is near, despite the lack of a Rapture or world-devastating earthquakes leading up to the doomsday.

In an announcement on his Family Radio Network website, Harold Camping stands by his earlier predictions that the world will end on Friday, October 21.Originally, Camping had predicted hourly earthquakes and God's judgment on May 21, to be followed by months of torment on Earth for those individuals left behind. Using numerical codes extracted from the Bible, Camping set the date for the end of everything for October 21.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• Lilly

• Mystery001

• libstaK

Why we can't just get duct tape, write the words "remove at your own peril" on it and plaster it right across his mouth is beyond me disgust.gif

This is one of the main problems, I think, with the way that the Protestant church is organised, or not organised, certainly in America, and one of the main reasons for the image problem that Christianity has; any conman can style himself as a "Pastor" in one of the vast multiplicity of American Protestant demoninations, purely on the basis of being able to quote one or two carefully selected quotations from the Old testament (always the Old testament, of course), and there's no overall organisation able to keep any kind of check on them, so they can discredit the name of "Christianity" as much as they want. As much as people can criticise it, that's one of the great strengths of the Catholic church; the omnipotence of the Pope may be criticised in some quarters, but I think freelance conmen like this do very much more harm to Christianity as a Whole.

Wish somebody had told me earlier. I just renewed my medical insurance policy. I could have spent that money on a really good bottle of wine :angry:

Well one good thing about this is, I won't have to spend half my day on Saturday wondering what to wear to a wedding anniversary do :w00t:

This time Camping is claiming that God is no longer saving souls. Guess you can just throw your bible out the window and turn to Atheism. if he were right (not that he is) no amount of praying will help.

When these doomsayers are wrong so often, why is it their followers still... well, follow? Is it like the cult thing? Where they're just brainwashed into it? Or are they really just so hopeless they need a beacon of light, even if it's failed them so many times?

Hmm... You know, I find philosiphers about the end of the world halarious. It clearly states in the bible, "only god knows when he will come."

Gee golly and whizbang. I guess I have been believing the wrong version of Christianity.

I wonder if his stroke was "God" "adjusting him" so he could get a better date? Just like last time, I must crusade against someone claiming a faith and actually leading people into looking like fools. Took me months to calm down from my last bout of "Dealing with a Moron".

I do believe the world will end some day, most likely only for me, when I die. This *Expletive deleted* is not only making Christians look dumber and less rational than we need, he's hurting the people who are naive enough to buy his manure.

it's not ending yet. the mayans said it was december 21 2012 ;) and i would believe them more than i believe him.

Poor Mr. Camping, obviously his 'elevator doesn't go all the way to the top'. I wonder how he's going to explain it this time when 'the rapture' doesn't take place? :unsure2:

Well obviously Camping can't be 'wrong' so presumably when the end of the world comes quietly on Friday it will happen but no one will notice! I mean if we can all fail to notice earthquakes in our souls then I see no problem with not noticing the end of the world... of course Harold Camping will notice and will still be here to tell us that it did happen just as he predicted.... :clap:

Yeah there will be mix with zombies and demons, while gov. is working with those, an asteroid will fall somewhere on earth on top of it, south and north pole will change, ow and there will be wars worldwide, beside that will be a plain, normal day :P

I have not been following this end of the word stuff much.I remember "sandwich board"men explaining that the end of the word is nigh.That was in the 1950s.

Do these predictions only apply to Christians.The bible getssome mentions,Do other religions go along with this stuff.The POPE does not predict these dates and he should know.

The world will eventually end, however it is not going to end on Friday, and it won't end in 2012. Seriously people lol!

I wonder how many times this one was dropped on his head as a baby ??

I can't decide if he was dropped one time too many or not enough.

:P

Nibs

Well one good thing about this is, I won't have to spend half my day on Saturday wondering what to wear to a wedding anniversary do :w00t:

Methink you should start wondering :P

Boooooring Harold----time for a new bit.

Somebody should seriously shut him up.. The world will end when ever it is good and ready to end. I'm sick of hearing this " Oh the world is going on friday/sat no wait sunday" Seriously... Enough is enough..