Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

End of World Coming Oct. 21, Camping Says

Still Waters

I am embarassed for his family. but the first time I'm sure his intentions were pure but now it's all about the money.

Better yet, I'm embarrassed for the people who sold their possessions due to their invest in the man's word. :unsure2:

- T

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• Lilly

• Mystery001

• libstaK

Well one good thing about this is, I won't have to spend half my day on Saturday wondering what to wear to a wedding anniversary do :w00t:

Where did the date of 21st October come from?

I have the end a little later this year being caused by WW3 and a supernova shockwave fromm betelgeuse reaching the Earth.

who/what is 'god'

"god" is a man-made concept which was used to provide vague explanations regarding any natural phenomenon about which the people of the ancient times had little/no knowledge of. So basically, if there happened to be a thunderstorm somewhere, people would believe that it was Zeus or some other deity getting upset. I like to believe that this is how the various early civilizations came up with their own customs, deities and other folklore, to ultimately give rise to religions. Sadly, even today one could hear of instances where a woman might be stoned to death in Iran or someplace, for dating a male individual, because religious teachings dictate that certain behavior or ways of thought, need to be checked. Being moral or spiritual or philosophical has nothing to do with any god. As adults, every person should be responsible for his actions and behavior, and ultimately his own life. I feel sorry for Harold Camping, his age being a major factor for this sympathy. But also, in my opinion, there is nothing else to discuss regarding Camping's views when apparently, he himself admits that his conclusions regarding theories of the eagerly awaited "Doom's Day" or the Apocalypse, were clearly wrong.

who/what is 'god'

The God of Abraham? That was man taking control. Before that, it was women who were revered and the only conflicts were over recipes.

IMO.

Tis Goddesses we need!

p.s. Would you rather run into the arms of an old guy with a stern look and very long beard or a big old laughing granny? I rest my case.

The God of Abraham? That was man taking control. Before that, it was women who were revered and the only conflicts were over recipes.

IMO.

Tis Goddesses we need!

p.s. Would you rather run into the arms of an old guy with a stern look and very long beard or a big old laughing granny? I rest my case.

Most 'goddesses' I've seen (well - their statues anyway) were pretty hot looking (for the most part)...

I mean... If you were female - and had unlimited, cosmic diety powers.. .wouldn't you make yourself pretty hot looking too?

Edited by Taun

Most 'goddesses' I've seen (well - their statues anyway) were pretty hot looking (for the most part)...

That's because a man made the statues. Don't most of us feel safer in the arms of our mothers than at any other time in our lives?

(Sorry if am rambling.... has been a long night and day so far)