Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scary Whisper in my ear

dreamgoddess11

Well if you want to dive into it. You can turn sleep pralysis or hypnogogic events into out of body experiences. It's quite amazing. Flying, walking through walls. The sky is not the limit. I have a tutoral on my blog a coulpe pages back. " a man awake"

thank you, I'll check it out. I was told by a psychic that I astral travel. of course that caught me off guard since i have no recollection of being in my home, going through walls, seeing a silver cord ect... Only of being in foreign places around people I don't know.

thank you, I'll check it out. I was told by a psychic that I astral travel. of course that caught me off guard since i have no recollection of being in my home, going through walls, seeing a silver cord ect... Only of being in foreign places around people I don't know.

Everyone does a little bit. Remembering is the problem.

higher self = soul

Your soul consciousness retains every memory, experience, lesson, past life, talent and ability that you have ever mastered/earned over many life times and it is the single thing which stays constant and with you each lifetime. The thing with it is that you have to bridge the connection to your higher self. But yes there is ego to contend and old belief systems/societal programming to break down before it can be done, because our ego mind does not want to give up control. When this is achieved it is called 'awakening' and those who have done it then awake to the reality of what really is, their truth, truth of the world etc. It's a very life changing and healing thing to go through abd is really just the start of stepping into your own self empowerment.

Edited by AnVil

higher self = soul

Your soul consciousness retains every memory, experience, lesson, past life, talent and ability that you have ever mastered/earned over many life times and it is the single thing which stays constant and with you each lifetime. The thing with it is that you have to bridge the connection to your higher self. But yes there is ego to contend and old belief systems/societal programming to break down before it can be done, because our ego mind does not want to give up control. When this is achieved it is called 'awakening' and those who have done it then awake to the reality of what really is, their truth, truth of the world etc. It's a very life changing and healing thing to go through abd is really just the start of stepping into your own self empowerment.

[/quote

As I was reading this I just wonder why the heck we are blocked off from our higher self at all. & since most are blocked, are we meant to look deep & open up to things we are blocked from. It's just so damn overwhelming for me, there is SO Much information out there. I find myself trying to find truth and instead only find more questions, theories ect. I'm sure there is at least a little bit of truth in every idea, but to filter through it all is tough. There are so many folks on here that seem to believe they have the answers, but I just am not satisfied.

As I was reading this I just wonder why the heck we are blocked off from our higher self at all. & since most are blocked, are we meant to look deep & open up to things we are blocked from. It's just so damn overwhelming for me, there is SO Much information out there. I find myself trying to find truth and instead only find more questions, theories etc. I'm sure there is at least a little bit of truth in every idea, but to filter through it all is tough. There are so many folks on here that seem to believe they have the answers, but I just am not satisfied.

I really don't mean to proclaim to have any answers for anyone, it's just the way I think things are. I have my own view of reality and the cosmos and it doesn't fit into any particular school of thought or philosophy. As I said, I believe there are some fundamental truths in all the world's religions...( I do believe there is something out there beyond our comprehension but I don't begin to say I know what it is nor do I believe any human being can speak of such a thing and pretend to understand it or speak on it's behalf)...I believe there is unusual phenomena that happens that people experience and are left to grasp for some kind of explanation and no one can say what it is they experienced beyond a shadow of a doubt. Things happen...I think everyone on these boards from "true believer" to "hardcore skeptic/cynic" will agree... and there are those 1 in a million occurrences that there is just no known explanation for.

If I had to guess why we are "forgetful" or "blocked off" from our higher self...I'd say it is to continue learning and absorbing without carrying forward a "preconceived" expectation of how things work or how things "ought to be". Fresh and open eyes.

When I said I had been privileged to odd things, I don't necessarily mean spooky, spiritual, paranormal, etc...just odd quirky things that when looked at statistically speaking, the odds of such circumstances occurring are really-really out there...but that's another story altogether.

Well said Damrod :-)

err..ouch...

But no...I think your subconscious mind is trying to talk to you...sorry I got off track in explaining what I was thinking...I do that sometimes...the big mouth blabbering jester....it happens to me a lot...

sorry...

:-) no really I meant it:-) im just not as much of a deep thinker compared to u. I think. :-) I sure am absorbing as much as a can though. u r right about the truths being sprinkled everywhere. I guess it keeps us going, if we already knew everything... What would the point of this life be?

:-) no really I meant it:-) im just not as much of a deep thinker compared to u. I think. :-) I sure am absorbing as much as a can though. u r right about the truths being sprinkled everywhere. I guess it keeps us going, if we already knew everything... What would the point of this life be?

Wow...I am honored...

Deep thinker?...some might say "deep stinker"...lmao!

I'm kinda old...46 as of 9/13/11....I have seen and experienced things that...well...it's hard to explain...I was out there though...looking for it...pressing the envelope...challenging the powers....and I sometimes got my ass handed to me...it happens.

I have been exposed to..."paranormal activity"...I remember being in a friends studio apartment and partying down and his kitchen sink faucet just turned on by itself while we were sitting there....no BS...the lever just lifted up on it's own...never challenged it...it was so obvious to us that we just hushed it...

I have witnessed crime bosses breaking legs over maybe a thousand bucks...that is some scarey stories...they were not folks to try and screw...

I have been around for awhile...seen alot...don't try to big shot the scene....

I have done some pretty wild things all in the name of weird....'experience"...I have went places and done things that are...well...unmentionable...all in the name of fun....

Heck I remember a keg party I went to once and me and by buds got "supposedly" the last of the qualude 714's...it was the most amazing party I think I ever participated in...but that was then, like 1986-1987...

For me...I have always sought to "expand the mind"...to open those doors the pussies are afraid to open...on this...I am the bulldog...I have no fear...I want to see the other side...in fact...I have...several times...but I can't explain it in words that anyone can appreciate....maybe I should take some writing courses and learn how to describe things....cause I have been places that would fracture the minds of most people....I have seen the other side...both the higher and lower levels....and ....it is beyond words until you have seen it....

So there you have it lady....now maybe you know me a little better and maybe understand my point of view a tad.....life is meant to be adventure...otherwise...what the "F" is the point?....

Wow, your writing is great. You should start a blog through your page and tell us your stories.

Wow, your writing is great. You should start a blog through your page and tell us your stories.

Lol...well thank you lady! My greatest and most fiery opinions are yet to come....when I get started on racism, sexism and bigotry....oh...I will p*** folks off...guaranteed...I hate...the weapons of hate...and you know how well ideals like that sit in the 18th century modern day southern states....the claim to be progressive but they hate just as good as they did 150 years ago...prejudice lives in the south....what irony...a bunch of wanna be christian lovers that can hate and fear so much....fail...all of them...and this is NOT what Jesus taught....to all of you...read up cause you fail....

I might, just for fun! I have a whole repertoire of madness to tell...if I can and it not be held against me...

Mostly, my experiences have been as a witness, and not so much as a perpetrator...but I guess I could get in trouble for what I have seen and heard and let go out of fear for my life...hey...**** happens...I can honestly say I got in lots of trouble for refusing to be "the iron hand"...i did what I did and the reconciliation of debt was up to others and I didn't need to be involved

If anyone knows what protections I can get and claim....sure...I'd be happy to tell my tale so know one else ever has to go there...the younger generation seems to love to live vicariously....well....i can feed that...I have done soooo much in my younger days...the choice to believe it is really irrelevant...being able to discuss it would be good therapy....if they choose to ignore it would be ok too....hell the biggest thing is the statute of limitations...lol...I'm not whispering shiz till I know this....I have good friends and I wouldn't want to get them in trouble for bad decisions made decades ago....I was a bad guy for years....now I am not...but the story is somewhat entertaining nonetheless...

On the other hand, I sometimes wonder if these were not just specific scenarios for me and my edification...and maybe I should not share what I have witnessed and observed. (I refuse to say participated in). I'm thinking maybe a new thread is in order...I don't want to detract/distract from yours...if and when I can thin of a valid excuse to share this nonsense....I'll consider starting one...

Edited by Damrod

• 4 weeks later...

In 2005 I was asleep and woke up because I heard a voice near my right ear. Still creeps me out. I woke up groggy and looked to my right to see where the voice was coming from...and saw nothing. I continued to hear the voice. it was a male voice with an old world tone to it. The words were poetic but dark, something about a Black river flowing and souls. Then as I became more panicked the voice slowly began to fade away. It continued to Speak While it was fading away getting quieter and quieter until it was silent again. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep after that. Intried to tell myself the entire ordeal was a complete dream. But I know I was awake, the voice actually woke me up. I moved looked to me right and saw nothing but my chair but continued to hear the voice. Totally not a cool experience at all. I just don't understand why something would do that to another?

Dreamgoddess11,several years ago,i have had the same experience!It was also a male voice.But whoever was,it was laughing.and it stopped,as i ignored it.However,i have to say it was realy very weird and scary,and still today i remember it....About what it may be,well,i have no explanation or answer for that.I wish,as I also experienced the same....

Dreamgoddess11,several years ago,i have had the same experience!It was also a male voice.But whoever was,it was laughing.and it stopped,as i ignored it.However,i have to say it was realy very weird and scary,and still today i remember it....About what it may be,well,i have no explanation or answer for that.I wish,as I also experienced the same....

hmmm. This is interesting. I've been thinking about this event that happened for awhile now since my post & feedback from the seasoned UM peeps. Been reading up tons on mental states & the "other"...dreams,sleep, lucid dreaming, entities ect.

I thought about what was going on in my life during the time this occured. I was not being "the best lady" I could be. I had a friend That wasn't the best influence and was messing with things I had no Bussiness messing with. I have come to the conclusion that I opened myself up to allowing something dark or unexplainable but very real in. after it happened I changed my ways. But at the time I was not aware why I did. so I'm glad it happened. it was a good wake up call for me. :)

• 6 months later...

The same thing happened to me only slightly different.. I woke up and felt as though I couldn't move. I was on my side and felt something next to me but behind my back. My body was covered in goosebumps as I heard this angry voice repeat the numbers 538 in my ear. I could feel his breath on my ear. Once he stopped, I felt like weight lifted off my shoulders and the room felt normal to me. That was scary...

Also, how about when you hear a voice call you when you are completely awake? How does that fit into a dream state? I've heard on several occasions a female's voice call me by name when no one was around. I say the voice sounds like my mom and at the time if I have the means, I will call her to see if she was just thinking of me at that time to which every time she says no. I've heard other voices too which sounded like an old man and one that sounded like a smoker with a raspy voice, which sounded terrible.

I've also heard sounds while I'm drifting off to sleep which have totally scared me enough to jump out of bed. One night, I heard glass breaking which made me think someone was breaking in the house so I got prepared and went from room to room checking but there was no glass broken nor in my cars outside either.

I think I did mention that several times at the old house I used to live in, I would hear car accidents in the middle of the night and then go outside to find nothing not even glass on the ground or people looking around so maybe that was in a dream also.

I have been awake during the night watching late night TV and went to the restroom and heard what sounded like a kid giggling out by my front door. I think I was groggy enough to not even register fear in my mind so I went and checked it out but no one was there.

It whispered my name ,right in my ear . Disturbingly creepy . It was a demon,playing w me,in my case. I was barely 14 I think .

• 2 years later...

I think it's real it happen to me to time but it Spanish thing is I don't no Spanish but I know what it said death is only a new horrible life and the second time I'm pretty sure he said you will die at a young age

Very creepy indeed, this use to happen to me I would be in a dead sleep and I would hear my name Chris,

I woke up went down to my parents room and they where sleeping, could be a dream

• 3 weeks later...

In 2005 I was asleep and woke up because I heard a voice near my right ear. Still creeps me out. I woke up groggy and looked to my right to see where the voice was coming from...and saw nothing. I continued to hear the voice. it was a male voice with an old world tone to it. The words were poetic but dark, something about a Black river flowing and souls. Then as I became more panicked the voice slowly began to fade away. It continued to Speak While it was fading away getting quieter and quieter until it was silent again. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep after that. Intried to tell myself the entire ordeal was a complete dream. But I know I was awake, the voice actually woke me up. I moved looked to me right and saw nothing but my chair but continued to hear the voice. Totally not a cool experience at all. I just don't understand why something would do that to another?

I am skeptical of anything 'paranormal' experienced in a half awake/ half asleep/ tired/ just awoke state.

Your mind is quite capable of inventing voices, and even waking you up with them.

Edited by acute

I know this is a necro thread, but I got chills when I saw the name.

My aunt died not too long ago, the night I heard about it I stayed up late thinking about things and I had just finally got comfortable and rolled over ready to go to sleep when I heard a whisper in my right ear. It was literally like someone was leaned in with their lips right next to my ear and whispered. It startled me and I quickly looked over to see nothing there.

I try to always use logic and I know that the most likely answer is being stressed and tired caused my subconscious to come out before I was asleep, but it was still very freaky.

That was the only time anything like this has happened to me, and I would be happy if it was the last.

I have always been interested in the 'voice out of nowhere', and have experienced my name being called just the once each time, quite a lot of times in my life, usually during the day when wide awake and busy doing something. Occasionally it has been as I was drifting off to sleep but I don't count those. I have also heard a complete sentence from a male voice (I am female) on an occasion I was very distressed. It said quite clearly, 'don't worry, it will be all right'. At the time I assumed it was my subconscience talking. I was alone in the house. One weird event was late one night when my husband and I had just gone to bed. We had just put the lights out but were not asleep. One of our daughters who would have been about 19 or so at the time was out, and we both heard, quite clearly her voice call out, 'dad', just the once. It sounded like she was on the side path to the house. We assumed she'd forgotten her key and was trying to get our attention. My husband went to check it out and no-one was there. When she finally came home we asked her if she has been in any distress that evening or had been thinking/talking about her father. The answer was 'no' to both questions. We have never understood why we both heard her call out when she was not there. We could explain away only one of us hearing it as mistaking another noise for her voice. Weird!

Edited to clarify a point.

Edited by Susanc241

• 1 year later...

I want to share my experience in this. This wasn't recent but it's been maybe 2 years ago I was lying on the couch and was sleep. It felt like I had just laid down and closed my eyes so I felt half woke half sleep can't really explain it. So I was sleep and I wasn't dreaming anything it wasn't just pitch black but kind of flickering like a light flickering and I could hears whispers in my ear but it was whispering very fast so I couldn't make out what was said but I kept hitting my ear saying stop and twitching and it was getting closer and closer then I literally felt a hand go around my neck and I started choking. I can't really say that it pushed me off the couch but after it choked me I flew off the couch screaming and choking and everybody ran in the front asking am I ok I was scared because something that extreme never happened. I have always been a victim of seeing things and hearing but never have I experienced something like that. I'm use to the fact now that their is a spirit in the house. I know it's a little boy in the house but kind of feel like it's an adult in the house too. Of course I told everyone what happened they laughed. Everytime I tell them something they think I just be talking but they experience thing too and they know I have always seen things from a child up to now. I don't see it as much as I use to but I still see things from time to time.

Edited by Jimesha aaron

Have you ever read about Hypnagogia?

Hypnagogia is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. Mental phenomena that occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.

I suffer from this time to time. I would wake up and i would see and hear things that would look as real as you and me. I have heard people whisper my names, see various beings in my room, watch the room change and fold as if it was in a Hollywood movie. It is a horrible thing to experience and most people only have this happen to them once in their life.

This one time I woke up, saw a thing ran through the bedroom door shouting "help" I followed it out of horrified fascination and it climbed down the wall beside me and it said "Don't touch me". I stood there, staring at this half baby half insect and watched it fade away. It gave me chills and I could not sleep even though i knew it was Hypnagogia.

This other time I woke up and heard people talking about me in gibberish, words threw together that made no sense. Best way to explain it is some one from another country trying to use English words but put random words in to try to make people understand. It lasted for 10 seconds and it stopped and i could not find the source.

Most the time I don't realize that I am awake but still dreaming and those times it is horrifying.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

It seems that this "hearing voices" thing has become quite popular this week.  Hmmm....

• Like 1

I can't imagine the dilemma if you hear voices telling you to take no notice of disembodied voices.