Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scary Whisper in my ear

dreamgoddess11

In 2005 I was asleep and woke up because I heard a voice near my right ear. Still creeps me out. I woke up groggy and looked to my right to see where the voice was coming from...and saw nothing. I continued to hear the voice. it was a male voice with an old world tone to it. The words were poetic but dark, something about a Black river flowing and souls. Then as I became more panicked the voice slowly began to fade away. It continued to Speak While it was fading away getting quieter and quieter until it was silent again. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep after that. Intried to tell myself the entire ordeal was a complete dream. But I know I was awake, the voice actually woke me up. I moved looked to me right and saw nothing but my chair but continued to hear the voice. Totally not a cool experience at all. I just don't understand why something would do that to another?

• Like 3

In 2005 I was asleep and woke up because I heard a voice near my right ear. Still creeps me out. I woke up groggy and looked to my right to see where the voice was coming from...and saw nothing. I continued to hear the voice. it was a male voice with an old world tone to it. The words were poetic but dark, something about a Black river flowing and souls. Then as I became more panicked the voice slowly began to fade away. It continued to Speak While it was fading away getting quieter and quieter until it was silent again. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep after that. Intried to tell myself the entire ordeal was a complete dream. But I know I was awake, the voice actually woke me up. I moved looked to me right and saw nothing but my chair but continued to hear the voice. Totally not a cool experience at all. I just don't understand why something would do that to another?

Hard to say. I have had many dreams where I wasn't sure if it was real after I was awake as well as lucid dreaming.

Welcome to UM though. I'm sure there are some others who can be more helpful.

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome :-) yes it was strange... Maybe it was a dream and my mind was playing tricks on me. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome :-) yes it was strange... Maybe it was a dream and my mind was playing tricks on me. :)

If you had to make a guess, what do you think it probably was?

Gotta say this sounds like bull.

Some people say that as you are just falling into a sleep or just coming out of sleep you tend to hear things that are just in your head, I can't remember specifics, just like your mind kinda thing... It's happened to me a few times, I've just heard someone shout my name real loud as I'm in a shallow sleep and wake up immediately to silence, your experience sounds a little different though.

Some people say that as you are just falling into a sleep or just coming out of sleep you tend to hear things that are just in your head, I can't remember specifics, just like your mind kinda thing... It's happened to me a few times, I've just heard someone shout my name real loud as I'm in a shallow sleep and wake up immediately to silence, your experience sounds a little different though.

This sounds like it makes more sense.

although im not gona i did have an experience like this before when i was sleeping at my friends house a very long time ago like 4 years ago, i could here a man whispering things in my ear as i was trying to sleep but i couldnt understand nothing so i jus ignored it & fell asleep like a baby because i dont get scared eazily X)

Its Hypnagogic or Hymnopompic experiences you are thinking of.....i think...:unsure2: .... it does sound like thats what happened to the OP.

Nolovecity187- it may sound like "bull" to u. But what's interesting to me is this experience whatever it was. Only has happened once and never again to me. it was very real for me, so if this was some mind game in my head or if it was something external---either way its not normal and like others have posted, has happened.

What do I think it was, I dunno. Lol. I go back & forth between->

1) it was all me to 2) it was a spirit messing with me

Nolovecity187- it may sound like "bull" to u. But what's interesting to me is this experience whatever it was. Only has happened once and never again to me. it was very real for me, so if this was some mind game in my head or if it was something external---either way its not normal and like others have posted, has happened.

What do I think it was, I dunno. Lol. I go back & forth between->

1) it was all me to 2) it was a spirit messing with me

Hypnogogia/hypnotomia...,. Nothing to worry about. In those altered states we experience all sorts of things.

This sounds like it makes more sense.

although im not gona i did have an experience like this before when i was sleeping at my friends house a very long time ago like 4 years ago, i could here a man whispering things in my ear as i was trying to sleep but i couldnt understand nothing so i jus ignored it & fell asleep like a baby because i dont get scared eazily X)

Why did you say it was bull when you have had a similar experience?

• Haha 1

Hypnogogia/hypnotomia...,. Nothing to worry about. In those altered states we experience all sorts of things.

Good to hear :)

• 1 month later...

The ego and super ego are always trying to exert control. Dream imagery is always confounded because it is seemingly so mystical and obtuse...

The truth is...our bodies and our brain is constantly trying to talk to us...even when we are sleeping...and it uses imagery...sometimes weird imagery....to make a point and direct us toward something...

I used to be very headstrong and belligerent...I was not pleasant. I have a high IQ and I know it and I used to use it as a weapon against the lesser....I don't do that anymore. Now I try to find ways to join the different opinions and create a place where everyone grows...

Read up!

If you try to f me over again...well...I'll just have to deal with it...

Good to hear :)

If it happens again relax and adopt a go with flow attitude. Just observe do not react. You might be in for some mega surprises.

Errr...that last post sounded really bad when I read it while ago....sorry....ignore that last comment...er...most of it anyway...

But in all seriousness... our brains know how to get our attention... and can and will use imagery it thinks is going to achieve that end...don't be scared by it...it is just your "never sleeping" consciousness trying to speak to your everyday mind...and it tends to use weird things to do so....

It is not an enemy, it is just reaching out...it is your higher self...trying to talk to you...don't be afraid...try to listen...and don't take it too serious...it will use extreme imagery to get your attention on even minor things...

If it happens again relax and adopt a go with flow attitude. Just observe do not react. You might be in for some mega surprises.

Thank u. You have a good point. What else can I do anyways but just go with it. luckily this specific thing has never happened again. Jjust other weird crap, that I don't mind. :-)

Errr...that last post sounded really bad when I read it while ago....sorry....ignore that last comment...er...most of it anyway...

But in all seriousness... our brains know how to get our attention... and can and will use imagery it thinks is going to achieve that end...don't be scared by it...it is just your "never sleeping" consciousness trying to speak to your everyday mind...and it tends to use weird things to do so....

It is not an enemy, it is just reaching out...it is your higher self...trying to talk to you...don't be afraid...try to listen...and don't take it too serious...it will use extreme imagery to get your attention on even minor things...

no worries about last post...I was wondering what that was about. In ref. To "higher self"- you know that is interesting. I was not doing that great then, I was making crappy decisions for my own selfish reasons with ou consideration for others. Could've been a "wake up" call. Luckily I got on a better path shortly after that. :-)

The brain is a funny organ...it does odd things to get us through the day as unscathed and undamaged as possible...

I rarely remember my dreams... but when I do, they are usually quite strange and enigmatic...so when I do remember them...I will sometimes drop them on here for opinion sake...I never take them at face value but I do realize they are our 'higher selves" trying to communicate with our lower, mundane...day to day selves and therefore there is probably something within them we need to recognize. Imagery can be as vague as a fog bank...so it is good to get opinions on what it might mean or how it can be interpreted...

Edited by Damrod

Damrod, I've read the word "higher self" many times. I'm just not quite understanding what it is. What is the Higher Self to you? I've read about it but am still confused on the whole concept. I just thought we simply have a soul in us and possibly spirit guides. Nothing separate. Would love to know your thoughts on that...whenever u feel like it. I hope you are well and having a fabulous weekend

Wow...the Higher self...

I have some deep thoughts on it...but...

It is our true-est manifestation of ourselves...our pure being...free of popular thought and social expectation...our internal compass of what is good and what is not.

The true self or "higher self" is that part of us that knows what is right and wrong even when we fool ourselves and do something different. It knows when we cheat and when we look the other way to our own advantage....

I a not a religious person but I do read theology across the borders....I think the key to all of this is in searching out the truth of the many ideals....The tower of Babel and the confounding of languages was a metaphor...a story to describe the separation of the truth...within all religions lies a fragment of the lost truth....only when you can read and appreciate them all will the door to knowledge be opened to you...

After you realize this...your mind is open to the infinite possibility that...yes...there is a being out there watching over us....is it the creator?....well...we don't know....but there is something there...is it benign or malevolent?....we can only hope we understand it's goals...

don't hate...be patient and kind...that is all you will ever need

Gotta say this sounds like bull.

Were you there? I don't think so.

I heard whispers calling my name when I was walking from my kitchen to my bedroom. It came from the window in my house that points to the back yard. I've heard howling back there also.. It was a sad mournful cry-nonhuman and not of any animal(and I know many animal cries. I used to study about them extensively.)

It's hard to be a skeptic when you know that there are really things out there, and that there's no physical proof. There's no physical proof of alot of things that people believe in.

disbelievers are silly till they come face to face with the unexplainable....

I have been privileged to see things that there is no real/current explanation for....something happened...that much is sure....people cant offer credible explanations....

No worries....everyone needs to come face to face with the other side and allow themselves to figure it out on their own...

Edited by Damrod
  • Like 1

disbelievers are silly till they come face to face with the unexplainable....

I have been privileged to see things that there is no real/current explanation for....something happened...that much is sure....people cant offer credible explanations....

No worries....everyone needs to come face to face with the other side and allow themselves to figure it out on their own...

I've also been priviledged.. Quite a few times.

most people won't believe unless they've experienced things themselves.

It is our true-est manifestation of ourselves...our pure being...free of popular thought and social expectation...our internal compass of what is good and what is not.

The true self or "higher self" is that part of us that knows what is right and wrong even when we fool ourselves and do something different. It knows when we cheat and when we look the other way to our own advantage....

I a not a religious person but I do read theology across the borders....I think the key to all of this is in searching out the truth of the many ideals....The tower of Babel and the confounding of languages was a metaphor...a story to describe the separation of the truth...within all religions lies a fragment of the lost truth....only when you can read and appreciate them all will the door to knowledge be opened to you...

After you realize this...your mind is open to the infinite possibility that...yes...there is there...is it benign or malevolent?....we can only

Damrod, so Higher self is pure, ego free. Could higher self be the definition of a soul? Lol. I Know I could just keep asking questions with every single response from you. U really get me thinking. ;-)

• Like 1

Thank u. You have a good point. What else can I do anyways but just go with it. luckily this specific thing has never happened again. Jjust other weird crap, that I don't mind. :-)

Well if you want to dive into it. You can turn sleep pralysis or hypnogogic events into out of body experiences. It's quite amazing. Flying, walking through walls. The sky is not the limit. I have a tutoral on my blog a coulpe pages back. " a man awake"

Edited by Seeker79