Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zombieland Becoming a TV Show

Bracket

If you hadn’t guessed yet, zombies are bigger business than ever. Just hours after it was announced that Sunday night’s epic Season 2 premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead drew in record 7.3 million viewing numbers, 20th Century Fox and Sony Pictures Television announce that they are developing a half-hour comedy television series based on the 2009 movie Zombieland.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thatRobGuy

• BlindMessiah

• Bracket

• Biff Wellington

Zombieland is my sons favorite movie. I've probably watched it at least 40 times lol

"You need to get a gun and learn how to use it which leads me to my second rule, the double tap. In those moments when you're not sure that the undead are really dead-dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets, I mean one more clean shot to the head. You can avoid becoming a human happy meal. Woulda, shoulda, coulda."

That movie was great BECAUSE of the actors. Remove them and it loses its charm. It might be a funny show but it won't be Zombieland in my opinion.

That movie was great BECAUSE of the actors. Remove them and it loses its charm. It might be a funny show but it won't be Zombieland in my opinion.

I dunno, I think it was just great, but I am biased and was forced to watch it regardless of my opinion lol The zombies are pretty badass... Especially the beginning bit with For Whom The Bell Tolls playing lol.

I doubt I'd watch a half hour comedy of it though. Really doesn't make sense to me.

MTV has "death valley", its like cops but they arrest junkie vampires,treat were wolves like sex offenders and kill zombies..that dark comedy is going to be hard to beat.

I dont see it working as a show. I agree the actors are what made Zombieland. The walking dead only works because of the great writing and the interplay between the actors. Plus it has a great source material in the walking dead comics themselves. Just having zombies in the show doesnt make it popular. THe walking dead is the only show I have ever seen that makes this genra work on the TV screen.

Zombieland was a surprisingly great movie. It would not work as a show however for many reasons I'm not going to list.

I even think The Walking Dead ended up being a pretty corny show when it comes down to it. It had a great pilot but then went downhill after that in so many ways. The acting is atrocious. I'm just not impressed.