Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

48 predator animals escape in Ohio

Stonecoldvampzy

Reading, such a bloody hard thing to do.

Yes and in 10 minutes they would have been a 1000 yards from their pens? How far would they have been while the police and animal control made plans and looked for another dart gun or 8? One dart gun was what they had, and 50 animals out where they could kill you? Nope, sorry buddy, it doesn't work. Are you telling me you're really Sigfried and ROy and you could entice a 400lb tiger who is even 3ft from his cage back into his cage? No, I don't think so.

Edited by MissMelsWell

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Myles

• Michelle

• MissMelsWell

500 yards huh? OMG they killed the poor tigers practically in their cages.

What if it had said, "most of the animals were killed 1/3 mile from their cages." (500yds is roughly 1/3 mile FYI).

Most would be, "thank God they got them"

If one were to draw a 500 yard circle around a roaming tiger, who would want to volunteer to be in that circle with him?

Yards and inches are not the same.

Learning, such a bloody hard thing to do.

Yes and in 10 minutes they would have been a 1000 yards from their pens? How far would they have been while the police and animal control made plans and looked for another dart gun or 8? One dart gun was what they had, and 50 animals out where they could kill you? Nope, sorry buddy, it doesn't work. Are you telling me you're really Sigfried and ROy and you could entice a 400lb tiger who is even 3ft from his cage back into his cage? No, I don't think so.

Considering that Jack Hanna's staff was already there and the police were concerned about the dark supposedly... They were there for hours at least considering the zoo is a hour and a half away on perfect lights and traffic conditions. Plus whatever time it took for someone to discover the animals were out after the guy offed himself.

500 yards huh? OMG they killed the poor tigers practically in their cages.

What if it had said, "most of the animals were killed 1/3 mile from their cages." (500yds is roughly 1/3 mile FYI).

Most would be, "thank God they got them"

If one were to draw a 500 yard circle around a roaming tiger, who would want to volunteer to be in that circle with him?

Or one could say they were contained within a 500 yard radius compared to the entire town and surrounding area they were claiming in the media... They say one thing but the corpses found say another thing.

Yards and inches are not the same.

Learning, such a bloody hard thing to do.

Oh noes, now you insult my intelligent because I pointed out the fact you refused to read previous posts before commenting.

Considering that Jack Hanna's staff was already there and the police were concerned about the dark supposedly... They were there for hours at least considering the zoo is a hour and a half away on perfect lights and traffic conditions. Plus whatever time it took for someone to discover the animals were out after the guy offed himself.

Or one could say they were contained within a 500 yard radius compared to the entire town and surrounding area they were claiming in the media... They say one thing but the corpses found say another thing.

Oh noes, now you insult my intelligent because I pointed out the fact you refused to read previous posts before commenting.

Speaking of Jack Hanna, he agreed with what was done. That tells me more than what you are trying to say. The manpower was not there to contain these animals. There was no other choice.

Speaking of Jack Hanna, he agreed with what was done. That tells me more than what you are trying to say. The manpower was not there to contain these animals. There was no other choice.

Jack Hanna did agree with them, Kratos. And I heard the cruelty to animal charges were because of the cow carcasses left for the animals to feed. The authorities didn't know if they were dead before they were put out there.

Edited by Michelle

+

Jack Hanna did agree with them, Kratos. And I heard the cruelty to animal charges were because of the cow carcasses left out there for the animals to feed. The authorities didn't know if they were dead before they were put out there.

Yeah, I'm the one that posted it in this thread.

I said that Jack Hanna lost his credibility when he defended Sea worlds abuse and the fact that it wasn't up to the animal experts but the police to start shooting everything up. The animals were just standing around from what I've gathered and they massacred them all for being too accustomed to their pens and not the wild to run away.

These were raised by humans, they were brought to pet shows and nursing homes... Hardly the man eating beasts the police are trying to portray them as.

+

Yeah, I'm the one that posted it in this thread.

I said that Jack Hanna lost his credibility when he defended Sea worlds abuse and the fact that it wasn't up to the animal experts but the police to start shooting everything up. The animals were just standing around from what I've gathered and they massacred them all for being too accustomed to their pens and not the wild to run away.

These were raised by humans, they were brought to pet shows and nursing homes... Hardly the man eating beasts the police are trying to portray them as.

I am just as heartbroken as you are, but you never know what a dog is going to do in any given situation...much less a scared, wild animal that may be hungry. These aren't domesticated animals, no matter how they were reared.

Edited by Michelle

I am just as heartbroken as you are, but you never know what a dog is going to do in any given situation...much less a scared, wild animal that may be hungry. These aren't domesticated animals, no matter how they were reared.

They are also in a different environment and so probably scared as well. The wild will always take over in times of fear. This is just a terrible thing. It is like a lose lose situation really.

I have the scars to prove that theory. :P

They are, but they were obviously ignorant to the outside world, why they stayed near their pens cause they didn't know what to do. I'm reminded of those "hunting lodges" in Texas where you get to shoot deer fed by corn feeders in a cage. Or fish in a barrel... Whatever you want to think of it.

They are, but they were obviously ignorant to the outside world, why they stayed near their pens cause they didn't know what to do. I'm reminded of those "hunting lodges" in Texas where you get to shoot deer fed by corn feeders in a cage. Or fish in a barrel... Whatever you want to think of it.

I rescued a deer, that was raised by humans, and they didn't have the facilities to keep it, so it kept getting out. A couple of kicks when they feel threatened...will kill you. I've obviously been very lucky with the all of the interactions that I've had with various animals. :rolleyes:

I still can't say I wouldn't have done something most people wouldn't consider stupid if I lived in the area.

I rescued a deer, that was raised by humans, and they didn't have the facilities to keep it, so it kept getting out. A couple of kicks when they feel threatened...will kill you. I've obviously been very lucky with the all of the interactions that I've had with various animals. :rolleyes:

I still can't say I wouldn't have done something most people wouldn't consider stupid if I lived in the area.

What would that be?

Deer kill more people annually then tigers do worldwide. :P

It's a numbers game.

500 yards is hardly near their pens. This was not anything like shooting corn fed deer at a hunting farm. These animals were killed to protect innocent civilians.

It's a numbers game.

That was actually a joke.

500 yards is hardly near their pens. This was not anything like shooting corn fed deer at a hunting farm. These animals were killed to protect innocent civilians.

On a 73 acre farm where they animals were often spotted out of their cages by neighbors behind the main fence, 500 yards isn't that big.

And what civilians were in danger? There was nobody around but cops and some handlers.

Found this to...

"I had deputies that had to shoot animals with their side arms at close range," Sheriff Matt Lutz told reporters.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ohio+police+stalk+lions+tigers+freed+owner/5573096/story.html#ixzz1bkwkCu3H

These man eating beasts that were a danger to civilians let all those people walk right up to them without an issue and shoot them with handguns. Handgun range is extremely limited.

If you read that link further, they were only concerned about looking after their public image rather then the animals well being.

"We could not have animals running loose in this county. We were not going to have that."

I hadn't even seen the handgun thing before and now just reading it, it just makes me even more angry because it shows they just massacred them all for no reason.

What would that be?

First, I would probably already know the man and all of the animals, personally by name, if I lived within a twenty-five mile radius. Being the animal lover I am, I know the people in my area that rescue and how well they take care of them. I even know the people that have the two carriage ride businesses downtown, their horses and the proprietor at the local zoo, along with most of the animals.

I would, more than likely, have been there trying to coax the animals back into their cages, or if need be, utilizing any building or property that people would allow me access to. You would be amazed a how accommodating people will be to save an animal and how agreeable an animal is when they can hear in your voice how much you care about them. The biggest problem I've ever run across is trying to keep other people away while I do what I need to do. That's not saying I would go in without protection, but that would be a last resort. I'm no hero and have no fantasies about my capabilities.

See what I mean? Stupid...but I live in the moment sometimes. :rolleyes::hmm:

Edited by Michelle

That's no joke! :lol:

You've probably already seen this link but I'll post it anyway, may help to understand why the animals had to be taken down.

At least one animal was hit by a car, a second animal attacked a law enforcement officer. Also, it appears that Terry Thompson had just been released from Federal prison for trafficing guns and neighbors had been complaining about his farm for years.

Here is a link to that article. Sorry if you have already seen it.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/5817626/Wild-animals-on-loose-after-keeper-suicides

It is a shame they had to kill all the animals as I believe the Bengel Tigers are on the endangered list. Because of his involvement with selling guns, I would think that some of these animals were blackmarket trades for illegal guns. Don't know.