Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman allegedly hit with a frozen armadillo

Still Waters

A man used a frozen armadillo to attack a 57-year old Pleasant Grove woman, Dallas police said.

The incident happened on September 29 in an apartment complex parking lot.

According to investigators, the altercation occurred when the suspect was selling the carcass to the victim, who planned to eat the animal.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Unseen

• Lilly

• ~TheBigK~

• Mantis914

It's actually pretty common in some places for them to be eaten. Either way, I'm pretty sure that's the best headline I'll read today.

LOL, so, just curious, but why was there a frozen armadillo? Aren't they like plagued with Leprosy? Heh, maybe that's why it was thrown at her.

Actually, I've driven through the South... there are tons of armidil... armodowhoo... armadillos littering the streets. They're like rats... big, tasty, rats (so I've heard).

Only in Texas!

Hey now! At least it wasn't possum!

I've never heard of eating armadillo and I agree with Spydercyde in that I've always heard them linked to leprosy. However, I could think of a number of things better to throw than your merchandise at a potential customer and this is the first time I've ever heard of a frozen armadillo being used as a weapon. I work in the area where the woman is from and if that's where the failed transaction occurred then I'm really surprised that she didn't turn around and pull out a gun or crack his head open with a bottle.

Yep.I live about 3 miles from Pleasent Grove,only it isn't very pleasent.Nothing good comes out that part of the city.What happened sounds strange but it is an everyday thing,NOTHING GOOD from the GROVE,NOTHING.

Only in Texas!

Nope also try,any of the states bordering the Gulf of Mexico and then them other states right above them.LOL

Just more proof at how crazy and insane the human race really is. Ridiculous no wonder ET will have nothing todo with us!

First you claim the human race to be "insane and crazy" and then you being a human yourself turn around and follow up that claim with the statement, "no wonder ET will have nothing to do with us!"

:lol:

"LIKE CHICKEN?"

Actually it apparently does taste like chicken, and it's also eaten in South and central America.

I'm just happy the Armadillo got one good hit in before it got eaten/discarded..life aint easy when your'e face is a couple of inches off the floor and you have to live on insects..being turned into some strange ladies lunch is just adding insult to injury..go Armadillos !!!!

I'm just happy the Armadillo got one good hit in before it got eaten/discarded..life aint easy when your'e face is a couple of inches off the floor and you have to live on insects..being turned into some strange ladies lunch is just adding insult to injury..go Armadillos !!!!

I imagine being frozen and then hurled at someone isn't a bowl of cherries either...

I don't know which would hurt worse, a frozen turtle or armadillo...

I would think a turtle's life would be the same too... Go Turtles and Armadillos!! :tu:

• 1 month later...