Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal activity 3

scaredsilly

Has anyone seen it? is it worth watching? I have seen the first 2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Biff Wellington

• asc.rudeboy

• Michelle

• Bracket

It's out here (Holland) today. But sadly its only playing 70 miles away so am waiting to see it in other ways.

It came out yesterday (where I live), just want to know if its worth watching

Has anyone seen it? is it worth watching? I have seen the first 2

I'll be honest I've only seen the first & I was highly disappointed.

For a hour & 5 minutes I sat around watching a bedroom door move on it's own & a woman sleep walk while a really pretentious guy says stupid things. Then for the last 15 minutes things kind of pick up leading to one extremely sub par ending.

That being said I still plan on watching the other 2 just because they are movies & I'll watch just about anything once & I am interested in seeing how they tie in the first film. However I will be watching them with much lower expectations. I am definitely not going to believe half the hype they've received. Who knows, maybe with lowered expectations I'll enjoy the other more.

I don't think it's out yet. :huh:

I believe it came out at 12:00 am today. I wouldn't quote me on that though.

Edited by Biff Wellington

I wasn't impressed with the first one so I doubt I'll watch either one or two. Maybe if they are on TV and there isn't anything better on.

They were not bad and I hope to see the third. I waited untilled the hype was gone to watch them though.

Its like watching the village by shamalan. Go into it with preconceived notions and the movie sucks. Go into it without expectations and the movie was one heck of a novel idea.

I hate when something is hyped. It totally ruins it for me whether its TV movies or music. Even artwork... heck the Mona Lisa is not what you would expect if you see it in person. A lot of hype makes the painting seem grandiose but in person its quite a small painting. Still good though just an aura of hype.....

Well that's my pennies worth anyways.

They were not bad and I hope to see the third. I waited untilled the hype was gone to watch them though.

Its like watching the village by shamalan. Go into it with preconceived notions and the movie sucks. Go into it without expectations and the movie was one heck of a novel idea.

I hate when something is hyped. It totally ruins it for me whether its TV movies or music. Even artwork... heck the Mona Lisa is not what you would expect if you see it in person. A lot of hype makes the painting seem grandiose but in person its quite a small painting. Still good though just an aura of hype.....

I completely agree...I try not to read any reviews before I see anything. And usually the trailers show the best parts.

I wasn't impressed with the first one so I doubt I'll watch either one or two.

Brain fart, that should have been two and three. :blush:

I agree. I think it was the hype that ruined the 1st for. I'm actually getting ready to watch 2nd right now & I'm going into it with much lower expectations. I should know better by now than to listen to the hype, but sometimes I still fall.

The weird part of the first one I had to get used to was the fact that first... it wasn't a typical Hollywood production. Is was basically Indie. So the way the movie was. Made just did not match what I was used to with Hollywood A movies. The second is it was supposed to feel like a home video diary/documentary. The movement of the camera took a bit to get used to also. Then I realized that is was supposed to feel off. Abnormal if you will. This was a hi def home video. Tada.! Eureka I found the mindset.... at that point I was able to watch both one and two and enjoyed them for what they were. And honestly for me not too shabby. Believe me they could have done much much worse with the home movie style viewing experience. And it was so subtle that the end actually threw me for a loop. I wasn't expecting the end.

Had I been expecting a typical Hollywood style flick I definitely would have been disappointed.

Well that's two pennies now so I'm out of here...

Talk to you all later

Aus

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch

never mind...

Edited by Michelle

It's out here in Sydney, and i'm seeing it tomorrow. I enjoyed the first two, well more so the first one, but hopefully this one will be good also.

i liked the first one more after watching the second one, they pull it together and kind of make it a deeper layered story,they threw in more jump moments.im hoping the 3rd one will get even deeper into the story..

on a side note i found both to be a better experience to watch with a group,i dont jump at movies often if at all but something about a crowd jumping together that was fun to see and hear..i found when i watched these at the house i was to easily distracted to enjoy all the little creepy things.

never mind...

Awe I bet you had something good to say..

The weird part of the first one I had to get used to was the fact that first... it wasn't a typical Hollywood production. Is was basically Indie. So the way the movie was. Made just did not match what I was used to with Hollywood A movies. The second is it was supposed to feel like a home video diary/documentary. The movement of the camera took a bit to get used to also. Then I realized that is was supposed to feel off. Abnormal if you will. This was a hi def home video. Tada.! Eureka I found the mindset.... at that point I was able to watch both one and two and enjoyed them for what they were. And honestly for me not too shabby. Believe me they could have done much much worse with the home movie style viewing experience. And it was so subtle that the end actually threw me for a loop. I wasn't expecting the end.

Had I been expecting a typical Hollywood style flick I definitely would have been disappointed.

Well that's two pennies now so I'm out of here...

Talk to you all later

Aus

I think what bothered me about the first one was that I was expecting something more frightful (again I fell for the hype & expected more than I should have), especially when I'm used to some pretty disturbing films. However I'm 1/3rd of the way through the 2nd film & I am pleasantly surprised.

Maybe it's the fact that I went in with much lower expectations. Maybe it's the tie-in with the 1st film. Maybe it's the adorable little boy in it. (Me being a father & all) Maybe it's the dog (I love dogs). Maybe it's the fact that the main male has the same first name as me.

Maybe it's all of it, but I am actually much happier with what I am watching this time. Let's hope that the next 2/3rds doesn't suddenly disappoint. Keep in mind it could also be that I'm fueled by whiskey this time. DAMN! I'm almost out of whiskey!... oh well.

Will I just finished Paranormal Activity 2 & it was a lot better than P.A.1. I think it was because it appealed to me as a father.

It actually frightened me slightly & I don't think any film has ever done that. I think it was mostly because of what happened with the child. As a father that completely freaked me out.

I now, actually, want to see P.A.3 now & I want to see P.A.1 again & see what I think about it. The toddler & the dog were phenomenal actors.

Edited by Biff Wellington

I have not seen 3 yet, and I only know of one person that has. They said it sucked, but they are also not very reliable. Anyway, I was entertained by the first one, it was something new and had a decent spin to it although I think they failed at building the tension necessary in a movie such as this to make it truly scary. The second one, well, most people said they liked it better, but I would have to disagree. Some individual scenes I liked better, but the movie as a whole really disappointed me. It just seemed to drag on and on and on, until the very end and then something happened. Much more so than the first one I think. Maybe it was because I had already seen the first one and the second was just basically a remake of the first with different cast. Anyway, I will watch 3 and most likely be disappointed, but hey thats cool too. One thing that most of the reviews and the one person I know that watched it said was that none of the stuff in the previews was in the actual movie.

Mike

I won't be watching the third. I'm a bit of a '75% of modern horror sucks' guy. The premise is interesting enough but quite shakey which is to be expected from a movie designed to be consumed at the cinema in a plentiful amount. The first one wasn't particularly bad, it just wasn't all that interesting and had nothing in terms of character or creativity, it's all about the plot and the cliché jump moments leading up to a crescendo. There are a couple interesting scenes and the ending of the first in particular is quite good tense fun! The second I found boring and tedious retracing old ground, there's only so much I can believe in with these franchises. I highly doubt the third will improve on anything.

I won't be watching the third. I'm a bit of a '75% of modern horror sucks' guy. The premise is interesting enough but quite shakey which is to be expected from a movie designed to be consumed at the cinema in a plentiful amount. The first one wasn't particularly bad, it just wasn't all that interesting and had nothing in terms of character or creativity, it's all about the plot and the cliché jump moments leading up to a crescendo. There are a couple interesting scenes and the ending of the first in particular is quite good tense fun! The second I found boring and tedious retracing old ground, there's only so much I can believe in with these franchises. I highly doubt the third will improve on anything.

75% of all horror sucks. :rolleyes:

I found the third to be good enough, and pretty scary. I enjoyed the second one very much due to the way it tied into the first one, and this one does tie in pretty well although there are many unanswered questions.

75% of everything sucks, but I'm willing to bet 75% of paranormal activity 3 will suck.

75% of everything sucks, but I'm willing to bet 75% of paranormal activity 3 will suck.

It's actually been getting good reviews. Most of them say it's the best of the trilogy.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/paranormal-activity-3-scares-huge-54m-debut-154505711.html

Edited by Bracket

Really enjoyed the first two films, ever since The Blair Witch Project I have been a strong follower of the 'found footage' genre. It has been out here since Thursday but I am yet to get around to going to see it, the second one kind of sucked in the cinema to be honest, too many screamey/excitable people around.

Glad to here it has been getting good reviews though.

Really enjoyed the first two films, ever since The Blair Witch Project I have been a strong follower of the 'found footage' genre. It has been out here since Thursday but I am yet to get around to going to see it, the second one kind of sucked in the cinema to be honest, too many screamey/excitable people around.

Glad to here it has been getting good reviews though.

Have you seen Troll Hunter. That's my favorite found footage film so far.