Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Persia

New Jersey teacher in trouble

Verneph
But at Tuesday night's school board meeting, many disagreed. "It's not her right to preach hate in the classroom," said Steven Goldstein of Garden State Equality, an advocacy group.

She wasn't doing it in the classroom, you twit. She was doing it on Facebook. <_<

My question is this: Was she only posting in her personal statuses? She has the right to voice her disapproval of a school's policy, so long as she is not affecting or bullying the students. Now, if she was directly voicing her disapproval towards students, then she should be fired. That's pushing into harassment territory.

Biff Wellington

They got a month now? That's not fair I don't have a month! I got a day, <_< & my daughter stole it from it me by being born a few days before it. So no Father's day for me. When are they gonna make a Poor Ass White Guy Month?

Verneph

They got a month now? That's not fair I don't have a month! I got a day, <_< & my daughter stole it from it me by being born a few days before it. So no Father's day for me. When are they gonna make a Poor Ass White Guy Month?

We don't get one. We weren't born different from everyone else.

...Except that by creating a month isolating a particular group and treating them as if they are special you are only enhancing the idea that homosexuals are somehow different from other people and therefore need to be treated differently. Isn't the whole point of the movement for gay rights to get people to understand that homosexuals are people too, just like everyone else and therefore deserve to have equal rights in our society? But giving them a special month does the opposite of... :wacko:

...I have a headache now...

Edited by Verneph

asc.rudeboy

i hate our PC society so much,,not being able to express any sort of discontent only leads to more suppressed anger and it gives power to the insults.

Damrod

And this is why only silly people use facebook...I refuse to use that site...my life is my business....when I feel like sharing it...I'll pick up the phone and give someone a call...the stupid site is a trap for the ignorant and short-sighted...but by all means...please continue to use it like it can't ever be held against you...oh wait!

GreatFenris

Okay people, a lesson...If you want something kept to yourself, or to a small group of friends. Don't post it on Facebook where your 10 000 "friends" and the media can read it, nor on silly blogs.

Geez, attention-seeking much? I remember a guy I knew through WoW once told me, in regards to his employees; "If you put it on facebook, someone will find out what you wrote and you'll have to deal with the consequences of it."

So; Personal thoughts are for diaries and groups of friends...Not the interwebz. Unless you want them read.

Paracelse

Kind of dumb on her part...

MissMelsWell

I love Facebook, it's how I track what real life social events I want to attend. It's the best way to share photos with my family and friends. I am also very careful about educating all of them how to lock down their privacy. (which is admittedly a nightmare on Facebook)

Rule number one: NEVER NEVER post anything on Facebook you don't want the world to know; regardless of your privacy settings.

Rule number two: Only accept and make friends requests of people you know. Don't add strangers.

Follow those two rules and lock your privacy settings down and you should be good to go.