Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing persons and slavery in the US

iamdee1

I had no idea. It's not big news here. I've only been back In VA. for a few months now & just like it was when I was growing up they only discuss how high the murder rate is here. I think I'm going with Colorado, the landscape is more attractive there anyway. Virginia is the stomping ground of the government so I wouldn't be surprised if they were secretly involved somehow. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it just seems too coincidental.

The numbers have been escalating for the last 4 months now. I became concerned about it back in July when it hit the 20's mark. I knew there was a problem and was discussing it with Jonathan way back when.

That is so sad that they are keeping people in the dark. No wonder there are so many coming up missing, they are ignorant to the fact that there is a problem.

I would think that cautioning people about their children should be everywhere at a time like this.

OMG, talk about keeping people in the dark. I am so mad right now.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iamdee1

• Biff Wellington

• JonathanVonErich

• Dredimus

I had no idea. It's not big news here. I've only been back In VA. for a few months now & just like it was when I was growing up they only discuss how high the murder rate is here. I think I'm going with Colorado, the landscape is more attractive there anyway. Virginia is the stomping ground of the government so I wouldn't be surprised if they were secretly involved somehow. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it just seems too coincidental.

Locally, in the summer of 1997, a 14 year old boy who lived in Palm Desert met a "friend" in Palm Springs claims to be "his own age" and became chat buddies. Then this boy invited him to meet in an Angels ball game at Anaheim stadium in Orange county, but the boy was kidnapped by a 40-something year old man with a history of child sexual molestation of teenage boys, and reported missing for a month. But in Oct. 1997, the FBI tracked him down in Northern Virginia and the US marshal discovered the boy abused but alive in the man's closet! An important lesson on never to meet anyone you know online and don't assume who the other person is on the computer screen.

The initials I used for the National (Center) of Missing and Exploited Children you mentioned before. They been tracking down the suspects for quite some time and worked with legal authorities in the state and federal level, plus Interpol when it comes to crime involved missing and exploited children to crossed international boundaries. Formed in the early 1980s in response to national public outcry on the kidnapping and death of 6 year old Adam Walsh, his father John Walsh went onto his crusade to hunt and crack down on crime, esp. when young kids are involve becoming victims themselves...later he hosted FOX's criminal hunting news series 'America's Most Wanted'. He used media like his crime victims rights activism to make a difference, but the internet is now used by sex predators to lure in and groom for prey to be victims, whether by PM's or e-mails, and offline meetups/contacts. This makes the matter of future waves of childnappings worse than ever.

OMG....Duh! Sorry, I didn't get any sleep last night. Dog had an 8 hour labor but we did get 4 puppies out of it.

I called the Center for Missing and Exploited Childrens hotline back when I was talking to Jonathan about it, sometime around July, because the numbers were higher than any other place in the country and I believed there was a major problem back then.

The lady at the hot line number told me that children run away every day and they had no reason to suspect it as being anything else. However, she did tell me she would pass the information on. Whether she did or not, I don't know.

I felt like I was being brushed off so I tried to go about it a different way this time. Neither way worked for me.

Does anyone else feel like calling the hotline and letting them know what is going on? I hate to feel like people are just putting up with me while trying to push me off at the same time.

I already felt that way more than once today after I called Virginia.

Edited by iamdee1

I remember when I was child my father came up to me with a picture of a man standing by a blue van. He told that if ever saw that van or was ever approached by that man that I should run to the nearest house for help & while running to a neighbors house scream bloody murder, so that all attention was drawn to the man & I. What really makes this memory stick out is that the picture my father showed me a personal photo. Not a newspaper clipping & I never remember to ask what that was all about when I am around my dad.

Locally, in the summer of 1997, a 14 year old boy who lived in Palm Desert met a "friend" in Palm Springs claims to be "his own age" and became chat buddies. Then this boy invited him to meet in an Angels ball game at Anaheim stadium in Orange county, but the boy was kidnapped by a 40-something year old man with a history of child sexual molestation of teenage boys, and reported missing for a month. But in Oct. 1997, the FBI tracked him down in Northern Virginia and the US marshal discovered the boy abused but alive in the man's closet! An important lesson on never to meet anyone you know online and don't assume who the other person is on the computer screen.

Another abducted child linked to Virginia. Sad.

OMG....Duh! Sorry, I didn't get any sleep last night. Dog had an 8 hour labor but we did get 4 puppies out of it.

I called the Center for Missing and Exploited Childrens hotline back when I was talking to Jonathan about it, sometime around July, because the numbers were higher than any other place in the country and I believed there was a major problem back then.

The lady at the hot line number told me that children run away every day and they had no reason to suspect it as being anything else.

I felt like I was being brushed off so I tried to go about it a different way this time. Neither way worked for me.

Does anyone else feel like calling the hotline and letting them know what is going on? I hate to feel like people are just putting up with me while trying to push me off at the same time.

I already felt that way more than once today when I called Virginia.

I doubt it would do much good. The laws revolving around missing peoples is so ridiculous it's hard to get anything done with it. For the people that answer those hot-lines it's just a job & they'd do anything to get the caller of the phone so they can get back to facebooking or playing some stupid phone game.

I remember when I was child my father came up to me with a picture of a man standing by a blue van. He told that if ever saw that van or was ever approached by that man that I should run to the nearest house for help & while running to a neighbors house scream bloody murder, so that all attention was drawn to the man & I. What really makes this memory stick out is that the picture my father showed me a personal photo. Not a newspaper clipping & I never remember to ask what that was all about when I am around my dad.

Wow, years ago, people had different ways of dealing with things.

We have several pediophiles in our neighborhood and even had a serial killer that lived down the street. We started a neighborhood watch and all the children in the neighborhood were driven around the area with their parents. These parents informed their children which houses to stay away from. A couple years later, we started the safe houses. If someone tries to abduct a child or to hurt a child, the neighborhood children know which houses are safe for them to run to.

On my block, my house is one of the safe houses, so is the Ministers, and the lady that works for the Grand Jury.

Pretty good idea, IMO.

I doubt it would do much good. The laws revolving around missing peoples is so ridiculous it's hard to get anything done with it. For the people that answer those hot-lines it's just a job & they'd do anything to get the caller of the phone so they can get back to facebooking or playing some stupid phone game.

That's just sad. Peoples lives are important and a caller gets pushed off because something like that is more important than listening to what a person has to say.

There are times when the average citizen knows things and wants to tell someone what they know only to be pushed off.

I wonder if anything would be diferent now if they had listened to me back in July? Probably not.

That's just sad. Peoples lives are important and a caller gets pushed off because something like that is more important than listening to what a person has to say.

There are times when the average citizen knows things and wants to tell someone what they know only to be pushed off.

I wonder if anything would be diferent now if they had listened to me back in July? Probably not.

Have you attempted to make this public by sending this information to every different news media outlet you could think of.

I did think about that today, except instead of every news station, I thought about 60 minutes and wished Americas Most Wanted was still on. John Walsh would have taken care of it.

Do you think it would do any good to send off a bunch of letters anonymously? Would there be any form of legality that the police or FBI could take against a person that did that?

Would that be considered a freedom of speech, letting the public know that their children are in danger? Or is it interferring in an investigation? If they are even investigating at all.

Edited by iamdee1

I'm having a hard time understanding why they would be keeping it as quiet as they are.

It appears that there are not many people aware of the situation and we wouldn't have known either except that my experience from years ago has left me acting like a bulldog when it comes to children going missing. I have found myself drawn to the Missing Childrens website for several years.

I'm sorry, I have a problem with children disappearing in mass quantities.

Do you think it would do any good to send off a bunch of letters anonymously? Would there be any form of legality that the police or FBI could take against a person that did that?

Would that be considered a freedom of speech, letting the public know that their children are in danger? Or is it interferring in an investigation? If they are even investigating at all.

I don't know but I figure they would either brush it off or actually look into it. I doubt the FBI or police would look in to it but if you could make the public aware then maybe something could be done then.

I'm having a hard time understanding why they would be keeping it as quiet as they are.

It appears that there are not many people aware of the situation and we wouldn't have known either except that my experience from years ago has left me acting like a bulldog when it comes to children going missing. I have found myself drawn to the Missing Childrens website for several years.

As the father of a beautiful little girl I understand.

I don't know but I figure they would either brush it off or actually look into it. I doubt the FBI or police would look in to it but if you could make the public aware then maybe something could be done then.

Good thought.

I guess I need to keep getting my ducks in a row. The next thing I have to work on is the dates of disappearance and let me tell you, I looked at them last night, and it does appear there is a pattern to them but I won't actually know until I put them together. Probably take me awhile but I feel it will be worth it in the long run.

I opened a brand new calendar today but forgot my paperwork at home. I'm going to use it to document the dates the children came up missing. I'm also going to try to piece together as much information as I can find and get everything together before I attempt to make a move. I'm thinking this situation probably needs to be made public, and soon.

Thank goodness for U.M. It looks like I have actually started documenting some of my info which will come in handy when I need it.

Thanks alot everyone for the support on this. A few months ago, I didn't know if I was reading too much into it or not. I knew something was going on but had to ask myself a few times if I was over reacting. Now, I honestly believe there is something dark and sinister about.

To all U.M. Members,

If you live in Virginia and are reading this then you know what is probably going on. Keep your children safe until it can be stopped. Don't forget about your neighbors children.

I will keep all of the unsuspecting victims in my prayers. This absolutely needs to stop.

Hey Jonathan,

Any idea other roads we can try? Do you know of anyone that would be able to help, if nothing else, get the word out to try to protect the children?

I think this is pretty serious and todays numbers just acknowledged my worst fears.

Very good question De, quite frankly I don't know what to answer.

My interest in these missing persons cases began in 2006, since then I have made countless phone calls to many agency, and it's almost always the same thing: the investigators won't release informations over the phone, and basically all they want is for US to bring the information to them. I'm not saying they are not doing their job well, I'm sure they work very hard trying to solve these cases, but I think us, citizen who cares about the victims, should be able to get all the informations we ask for. If the investigators won't help us, then what can we do ?? :hmm:

I have spent a lot of my time researching some of these cases, and it's frustrating to see that most agency don't want to cooperate with the general public. In a way I understand it, they don't want to give the infos to anybody, but still....it doesn't help.

Good luck to you Biff, but we have to remember that numbers don't give us the entire story. In my opinion you can't be safe no matter where you are, and people should protect their family the best they can no matter where they live. In my mind, after having read countless cases of missing children for 5 years, every States in the US are dangerous, that's why it's important to protect the ones we love ( I'm not talking about guns here, being a good parent can protect your children ).

If you have any ideas De please share. Sometimes I feel like we can't do much, it's epidemic. :(

There is nothing on the news and John Q. Public is not aware. I'll bet the parents aren't even aware that there are others missing.

If I was a parent, and my child came up missing, especially if I knew there were a lot of others, I would ban with the other families and we would scream to high heaven to everyone that would listen.

The news would definitely know about it and we would want our babies back safe as fast as possible.

I looked, I can't find anyone saying anything about the disappearances. Nobody is raising a fuss over this? To top it off, they are being listed as endangered runaways instead of a possible abduction or something similar.

Makes me wonder if the victims families are unaware of the situation. Do you think the police know about the other counties? The only ones I talked to today at the Police Departments were just as sweet as can be, however, they couldn't do anything for me and some had to think of who to have me call next.

If they want to solve a crime, how exactly does one obtain information that way?

Very good question De, quite frankly I don't know what to answer.

My interest in these missing persons cases began in 2006, since then I have made countless phone calls to many agency, and it's almost always the same thing: the investigators won't release informations over the phone, and basically all they want is for US to bring the information to them. I'm not saying they are not doing their job well, I'm sure they work very hard trying to solve these cases, but I think us, citizen who cares about the victims, should be able to get all the informations we ask for. If the investigators won't help us, then what can we do ?? :hmm:

I have spent a lot of my time researching some of these cases, and it's frustrating to see that most agency don't want to cooperate with the general public. In a way I understand it, they don't want to give the infos to anybody, but still....it doesn't help.

Good luck to you Biff, but we have to remember that numbers don't give us the entire story. In my opinion you can't be safe no matter where you are, and people should protect their family the best they can no matter where they live. In my mind, after having read countless cases of missing children for 5 years, every States in the US are dangerous, that's why it's important to protect the ones we love ( I'm not talking about guns here, being a good parent can protect your children ).

If you have any ideas De please share. Sometimes I feel like we can't do much, it's epidemic. :(

I know all my neighbors. They watch my back, I watch theirs. Sometimes allies can come in very handy and has prevented us from being robbed or broken into a couple of times. I don't go out before or when it is dark anymore unless I absolutely have to. That's how they got me the first time, there won't be a second. Children should never be out at night IMO.

The kids I raised were raised by my rules. I wanted to know where they were, and they had better have been there too. Even in high school they both had to be home before dark. I made sure they never had to live through any of the things that I did and they are both happy with their lives.

It really iritates me that the kids a couple blocks over are constantly playing in the street around my house and all over the neighborhood. Two of these little girls were assaulted last summer by the same person and neither one of them look to be older then 5 or 6 right now. And they are still running the streets. I would love to go slap their mother on the head and ask her "what the .... is wrong with you?" Oh, just once.

Higher up people are involved in this, that is why no one is doing a damn thing about it. You are doing a great job, just be careful.

Higher up people are involved in this, that is why no one is doing a damn thing about it. You are doing a great job, just be careful.

That's exactly how I feel

Thanks for the warning Betrayal of Humanity and Biff. I think it is pretty high up too.

I don't get it. I wonder who is behind it. Is it the mafia, goverment, cops?

Why does the Center for Missing Children not do anything? Or the news? Parents?

It has me baffled.

And speaking of baffled. The dates of the abductions are doing the same thing to me. Guess I'm not as smart as I thought I was. lol.

The first two weeks of the month of August had 17 missing. The last 2 weeks had 46. Definitely a lot more at the end of the month. The first half of the month was patchy and there were 6 days where nothing happened. The last two weeks were non stop and didn't miss a day.

October isn't finished yet but I will do the first 3 weeks. The first 7 days there were 23 missing, the 8-14th days there were 42, the 15 through the 20th (6 days) with a number of 63. I hope these numbers don't keep rising because the dates 22 thru the 30th will be a lot this time if it does.

I had entries for every day on the calendar right now for October except for the 5th. Not sure why they missed that day. The highest day was the 20th with a number of 17. Second highest, Oct. 14th with a number of 13, then they go down a number or two at a time. The only day that had a 1 was the 4th and the next day there was nothing, that is the 5th.

I wish there was a way to get a newspaper from one of the bigger cities to have a look at the situation. The Freedom of Information act allows regular people to get a hold of some legal documents, but without knowing what to look for it would be a needle in a haystack trying to really narrow down exact statistics on these cases. What percentage are flat out runaways? How many left under odd circumstances? All of those details would need to be known before those numbers really start to mean something to a lot of people. People see and hear about runaways all the time, and it gets little more than a shrug these days. However confirmed abductions are a different matter.

A reporter that has the background, and the connections can do things that the average person would take ten times as long to do. If there were just someone with that background and that research power that could look at what is going on and make more sense of it; or at least bring enough attention to the situation that law enforcement would have to focus on it.

I do agree with others here though...that many kids in that short a period of time...that means there are a lot of bad people coordinated to make it happen, and they would not like someone drawing attention to their deeds. You are putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation. Be it local thugs, international mafia, or whatever the case may be, to be coordinated enough to make hundreds of kids disappear in the matter of months...that is some serious power. Take notes of everyone you talk to, and back it up in a way that no one could destroy it. Ultimately I think it is important to get a journalist involved that can put things in motion that offer a degree of self protection.

I wish there was a way to get a newspaper from one of the bigger cities to have a look at the situation. The Freedom of Information act allows regular people to get a hold of some legal documents, but without knowing what to look for it would be a needle in a haystack trying to really narrow down exact statistics on these cases. What percentage are flat out runaways? How many left under odd circumstances? All of those details would need to be known before those numbers really start to mean something to a lot of people. People see and hear about runaways all the time, and it gets little more than a shrug these days. However confirmed abductions are a different matter.

A reporter that has the background, and the connections can do things that the average person would take ten times as long to do. If there were just someone with that background and that research power that could look at what is going on and make more sense of it; or at least bring enough attention to the situation that law enforcement would have to focus on it.

I do agree with others here though...that many kids in that short a period of time...that means there are a lot of bad people coordinated to make it happen, and they would not like someone drawing attention to their deeds. You are putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation. Be it local thugs, international mafia, or whatever the case may be, to be coordinated enough to make hundreds of kids disappear in the matter of months...that is some serious power. Take notes of everyone you talk to, and back it up in a way that no one could destroy it. Ultimately I think it is important to get a journalist involved that can put things in motion that offer a degree of self protection.

I live in the VA. state capitol so here's a link to the local newspapers website. Maybe this will provide some kind of information to help you in your research.

Richmond Times Dispatch

If it hasn't been mentioned already, this reminds me of the movie TAKEN. It just too bad every kid who goes missing doesn't have a dad like Liam Nielsons character.

It's so strange when you think of all the press attention one missing child gets like with Casey Anthony and this new missing baby we are seeing all over the news but all these children in one area gets none. You should go to a site like 60 Minutes and put all your information out there. You need to write people, reporters, politicians, local and federal agencies and give them all this information and see what their explanation is.

I agree 100% that this is very organized. I wonder who is behind it and how many pockets are being lined.

Years ago, in college, I majored in Radio/TV Broadcasting and worked for several newspapers and radio stations here in town. Haven't used that degree in years but I still remember the jist of it. What I don't understand is that I'm not seeing anything about this on the internet which is full of worthless knowledge as well as some very interesting topics. There was also nothing mentioned about it on the top news stories that Biff sent through. How is it not hitting the internet or the news?

I don't really think my life is in much danger. I don't have enough information on what is going on to stop it and since I started this thread, there has been 977 hits on this topic. So at this point, there are a lot more people that are aware of the situation then there was 3 days ago and we are picking up more people every day. Good for us.

I don't see where it would be logical for them to take me out when they would also have to locate and take down almost 1000 or more because they would know too much too. I think I'm safe right now as all I have at this point is a desire to make people aware of the situation and to tell them to keep their children safe and I don't believe I am the only one that has this desire. Hoping anyway.

If I knew who was doing this or why, I think that would change the whole situation and who knows, maybe this thread will keep some children safe, whether it means they will slow down on the trafficing or whether people read this and keep their kids inside where it is safer.

The people that read these threads are not only educated but some of these members have some pretty strong ties to some pretty influencial people and I knew that when I started the thread and I had to start it to draw attention to the situation.

I also know that by taking me out, it will not stop the thread. The thread will go on, unless of course it gets stopped by a Moderator, which I doubt very much that will happen.

Anyone of the almost 1000 readers could get involved and we would never know. It doesn't necessarily have to be me. I am just laying the foundation for the information and getting the word out about this situation. No one will ever know if I am the one calling around or if it is one of the other 977 readers.

My logical thinking is telling me I am pretty safe right now.

Edited by iamdee1