Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Steve Jobs to Obama: "One-Term Presidency"

Order66

The Huffington Post has gotten a copy of the soon to be released biography of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, and there are some snippets that are destined to anger Obama-loving media members across the fruited plain.

According to author Walter Isaacson, Jobs told the President in the fall of 2010, "You're headed for a one-term presidency":

"You're headed for a one-term presidency," he told Obama at the start of their meeting, insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly.

arrow3.gifRead more...

lol! I couldn't agree more :tu:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Order66

• Space Commander Travis

• conspiracybeliever

• DieChecker

That's why Steve Jobs was so poor right? He could have done so much better in a business friendly environment. :rolleyes:

That's why Steve Jobs was so poor right? He could have done so much better in a business friendly environment. :rolleyes:

He absolutely could have, he laid it out for Obama:

As an example, Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where "regulations and unnecessary costs" make it difficult for them.

If it weren't for government intrusions in the private sector he might have been able to manufacture Apple's products in America and create jobs here ( not that a career politician needs any financial advice from a successful entrepeneur ).

So Obama order the cancer to kill Jobs...right?

No, but apparently Al Gore had to approve it ( see my profile )

Al Gore: Doctor, Scientist, Hero *whistles national anthem*

Edited by Halloween78

If it weren't for government intrusions in the private sector he might have been able to manufacture Apple's products in America and create jobs here ( not that a career politician needs any financial advice from a successful entrepeneur ).

yeah that pesky stuff like not polluting the air, land and water, not having children work, not having unsafe working conditions, not allowing fraud. Regulations like that. Jobs is just like every other dumb@@@ millionaire corporatist.

yeah that pesky stuff like not polluting the air, land and water, not having children work, not having unsafe working conditions, not allowing fraud. Regulations like that. Jobs is just like every other dumb@@@ millionaire corporatist.

I've got great working conditions, now all I need is a job :hmm:

I've got great working conditions, now all I need is a job :hmm:

you and me both. My job was outsourced to india.

you and me both. My job was outsourced to india.

I can beat that, I tried to go into the soup kitchen, but all they had was solar panels :no:

I can beat that, I tried to go into the soup kitchen, but all they had was solar panels :no:

If you want to live like the people in China why don't you just move there?

i was just going to say, either this isn't exactly new news or it should be in the Pyschics and Whatever it is forum. :unsure2:

Government intrusions in the private sector? So if firms were free to pay as little as they do in India or China for as long working hours in conditions where the idea of health and Safety were at best nebulous concepts, you would be happier?

China keeps its currency artificially low to lure in manufacturing and the US does nothing about it, that has nothing to do with health and safety. When Obama hands out loans for green energy start-ups that are doomed to failure or hands out jobs to his union cronies or bails out his Wall Street friends so that can take off with their bonuses that has nothing to do with health and safety, its just Obama abusing his power to help his friends at the expense of real business.

Here's what Mr. T wants to do to Obama:

http://bfcgroup.com/helluvatough/sounds/grab%20the%20dude.wav

Edited by Halloween78

And the previous President never, ever engaged in anything at all underhand or questionable to assist his Wall Street friends or his friends in the "Defense" industry and the Private Military Contractors, of course. :) And does the Obama administration's underhand activities in this regard also extend to Europe, seeing as nearly every "industrialised" country is experiencing similar effects? If (for example) an Indian company which owns a steelworks in the UK closes it and switches production to India, is that because there is a Democrat president in the White House?

Government influence on the market is always harmful, anytime, anywhere, anyplace, but if the economy is good, we don't the feel negative effects of it as much which is what allows politicians to spin it like their influence is a great thing. When the economy is not doing so well, we become more perceptive of the ways the government is throwing away economic resources.

People want to portray Steve Jobs as a hero and as a true great American....What a joke, guess anybody who gets super rich is automatically a great american nowadays...

All I really saw from him was his ability to trick the masses and convince them that they needed a 500 or more dollar cellphone...

Well there is that, and the whole I will ship every job I can overseas so I can make a buck thing....

The only thing I credit Steve Jobs with, he was guy that somehow had generations of young americans defined by technology, rather then by generation's musical artists. ANd that makes me sad.

People need to not be so quick to portray this guy as some kind of hero and open their eyes to what he really was...Just another greedy business man, he wasn't an artist, he wasn't a superhero, and he wasn't what I would ever consider a great american. Just another guy who cared more about money and technology then the people of his country.

And btw, I said the same thing about this guy before he died so I will not pull any punches since he is now dead....

Paul the Walrus

China keeps its currency artificially low to lure in manufacturing and the US does nothing about it, that has nothing to do with health and safety.

What exactly do you want the US to do about it? Devalue our own currency? Implement tariffs on Chinese imports? Just a note, the US senate passed the "Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act" which charges tariffs on misaligned currencies on October 11th. It has not passed the House. Source

• 2 weeks later...

More from Jobs on Obama:

Apple's founder on Obama: "The president is very smart, but he kept explaining to us reasons why things can't get done. It infuriates me."

'You're headed for a one-term presidency," Steve Jobs told President Obama at the beginning of a one-on-one session the president requested early last year. As described in the authorized biography by Walter Isaacson, Apple's founder said regulations had created too many burdens on the economy.

Jobs was an Obama supporter, but his just-disclosed comments are typical of a new frustration with Washington among Silicon Valley executives. Their high-tech companies are supposed to be the country's engine for growth, but the federal government is gumming up the works.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203687504577003763659779448.html

In other words, I like you, but you're a buffoon :mellow:

I saw an article the other day that said many companies are coming back from overseas, regardless of higher wages, due to unacceptable levels of waste, mishandling and shoddy work, and due to theft of materials and trade secrets. Seems the US is known for higher quality and higher loyalty then the 3rd world. So technological production is coming back to the US.

Loosening laws that restrict business could only improve that trend. Not sure what laws might apply. I'm not an international business lawyer after all.

Steve Jobs was pretty much a straight shooter, so whatever he said was what he believed was true.

Here is the article...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/8844646/World-power-swings-back-to-America.html

I don't think those are the issue Ninja. I think it is the cases where it takes 10 years to get permits and environmental impacts all figured out, before you can build a garage, or re-route a creek. It is when the EPA comes to your completely concrete covered property and demands you do years of research before digging up anything, or improving anything. There are Departments of the government that are completely out of control and are just sucking up federal funds while wasting other peoples time and money, because they are waiting on some bit of paper to give them the OK to move forward.

I just did a google search and found several examples of such waste and idiotism. And you can say that these things only happen occationally, but wouldn't it be better if such problems did not exist at all? Perhaps all that is really necessary is enforcement of the policies of these government departments on these departments?

The gift that keeps on giving:

Jobs, notorious for his fiery temper and stubborn nature, also refused to meet the president in the fall of 2010 saying he would not meet him unless Obama personally asked him.

According to the Huffington Post, his wife told him that the president was 'really psyched to meet with you'.

But still he refused to meet him for five days, and when he eventually agreed was said to be characteristically blunt, telling him: 'You're headed for a one-term presidency,' and insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly.

He also criticised the country's education system and said it was 'crippled by union work rules.

'Until the teachers unions were broken, there was almost no hope for eduction reform.'

He told Obama that principals should be allowed to hire and fire teachers based on merit, that schools stay open until 6pm and that they be open 11 months a year.

-http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2052110/Steve-Jobs-biography-Bill-Clintons-late-night-phone-Monica-Lewinsky-scandal.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

And how is Steve Jobs an expert on education? I'm surprised he didn't suggest outsourcing our education.