Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Las Vegas serves up 8,000 calorie burger meal

Still Waters

You can't say you haven't been warned if you order up a gut busting 8,000-calorie burger meal at the Heart Attack Grill.

If the name of the restaurant isn't enough to make your arteries quiver, the Quadruple Bypass Burger should be all the clues you'll need.

It contains four half-pound beef patties, cheese and bacon and comes with a milkshake containing the world's 'highest butterfat content' (with an extra pat of butter) and 'Flatliner Fries' that are deep-fried in pure lard.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• The Unseen

• Muenzenhamster

• Reason101

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they're trying to make it sound appealing, they're doing it wrong.

Lol at the guy in the first pic suffering from his first heartattack.

This is beyond disgusting ,never mind the idiots who choose to eat there..if they want to die from over consumption that's up to them..but to celebrate such repulsive ,mindless over indulgence in a world where so many are in want and need of even basic nutrition is revolting (almost as revolting as the menu sounds)So one of those burgers contains enough calories for a normal person for several days..Lets say that again..one burger ,enough for one person for several days...and if you are over 350lbs you get it free !!!!! i'm sure the homeless person a few streets away who hasn't eaten for a couple of days will be delighted to know that .

This is beyond disgusting ,never mind the idiots who choose to eat there..if they want to die from over consumption that's up to them..but to celebrate such repulsive ,mindless over indulgence in a world where so many are in want and need of even basic nutrition is revolting (almost as revolting as the menu sounds)So one of those burgers contains enough calories for a normal person for several days..Lets say that again..one burger ,enough for one person for several days...and if you are over 350lbs you get it free !!!!! i'm sure the homeless person a few streets away who hasn't eaten for a couple of days will be delighted to know that .

Now, i might share your belief point in this that it is crazy, i wouldn't have that many calories in a week. But we in Australia don't have things like this as far as i know, i could be wrong but i have never seen them. But you can't throw the homeless into the mix. The company is using this as an advertising campaign, good or bad, publicity is publicity. And obviously it's working if it's here being debated upon. You don't see McDonalds or KFC handing out free food to the homeless because it's high in calories.

I have to agree that is disgusting. It's sad that someone would actually eat a burger like that. However, it's there body. I for one would never eat a burger like that not even if you paid me.

I have to agree that is disgusting. It's sad that someone would actually eat a burger like that. However, it's there body. I for one would never eat a burger like that not even if you paid me.

I'd give it the college try. And wouldn't mind visiting to rub elbows with the "hot waitresses". Face it, incredibly seedy or not, the restaurant is making it this way for a reason. To gain popularity with their tongue-in-cheek, terribad persona. Dark comedy of a gimmick.

I would give it a go, especially if that waitress "Saucy" is serving me.

I would probably make it through about quarter of it before I begin to feel a throbbing pain in my left arm.

I would probably make it through about quarter of it before I begin to feel a throbbing pain in my left arm.

As it smashes open the restaurants bathroom door?

8000 kcals is roughly equal to a 6 pound teebone steak, served untrimmed. There are a few restaurants here in UK that serve monster meals like that, mainly as a gimmick. Not too many people can actually eat that amount at one sitting. All the silly comments about heart attacks are utter nonsense of course. Clogging of the arteries is a process that takes years, not minutes. If you eat a lot of saturated fat on a weekly basis you can expect trouble in later life. If you call in at the Heart Attack Grill and attempt one of these burgers (one time only) you'll probably suffer indigestion and a touch of the 'never agains. Pure gimmick and publicity.

yea i dont see the problem offering mega plates like this,its just something fun to do a tourist trap that you would realy only go to wile on vacation.restaurants across america have come up with some kind of big plate meal..hell there is a show called MAN VS FOOD and all he does is travel and take the challenges.

and as far as any one over 350lbs eating for free,that crazy smart..i assume very little would go eat at a spot like this by themselves,bring in friends and family just like free birthday meals.

for the record i worked at McDonalds when i was in high school,we would throw out tons of food over the course of the day,once it sat in the bin for over a hour it gets trashed recorded and they are able to claim it on taxes.however if they catch you feeding the homeless by the dumpster they threaten you with being fired and criminal charges for stealing. i got cought feeding a local bum and was nailed to the wall like i sold the secrets to the secret sauce..

i wonder if anyone died eating it yet?

Huh? People don't die from eating something like this. They die from eating something like this many, many times over many, many years.

"But you can't throw the homeless into the mix. The company is using this as an advertising campaign, good or bad, publicity is publicity. And obviously it's working if it's here being debated upon. You don't see McDonalds or KFC handing out free food to the homeless because it's high in calories."

Sure I can :-) ,In first world contries we over consume like crazy ,the UK is just as bad ,and while it's obviously not alone, this restaurant is activly celebrating and promoting that greed .I'm not just talking about food either ,we have a culture of massive over consumption and waste which however you look at it is not something to be proud of in a world of dwindling resources and people who go without basic norishment .

No you don't see KFC et al handing out free food ,even the stuff they throw away can't be given away .In the UK right now there has been a 100% rise in demand for charities that give out food parcels to people who for one reason or another can't afford to buy it and super markets ,fast food chains etc waste tons of food every year..tell me that makes sense .

This article annoyed me because it is a celebration of over consumption and waste (you know a lot of that food will end up in a bin)at a time when the world is running out of resources and a financial crisis has left many without basic needs .

And yes ..I eat things I don't strictly need and waste more than I should..but i'm not proud of it

Edited by Reason101

"But you can't throw the homeless into the mix. The company is using this as an advertising campaign, good or bad, publicity is publicity. And obviously it's working if it's here being debated upon. You don't see McDonalds or KFC handing out free food to the homeless because it's high in calories."

Sure I can :-) ,In first world contries we over consume like crazy ,the UK is just as bad ,and while it's obviously not alone, this restaurant is activly celebrating and promoting that greed .I'm not just talking about food either ,we have a culture of massive over consumption and waste which however you look at it is not something to be proud of in a world of dwindling resources and people who go without basic norishment .

No you don't see KFC et al handing out free food ,even the stuff they throw away can't be given away .In the UK right now there has been a 100% rise in demand for charities that give out food parcels to people who for one reason or another can't afford to buy it and super markets ,fast food chains etc waste tons of food every year..tell me that makes sense .

This article annoyed me because it is a celebration of over consumption and waste (you know a lot of that food will end up in a bin)at a time when the world is running out of resources and a financial crisis has left many without basic needs .

And yes ..I eat things I don't strictly need and waste more than I should..but i'm not proud of it

Sounds like you're adking a question to the United States of America, though, not this restaurant.

clearly there arent enough fat to obese people out there, suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure and other health issues associated with gluttony.

great job.

edit. not wearing my goggles

Edited by tigger