Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK Man Demoted For Non-PC Facebook Post

H.H. Holmes

I'm sure Marxists and multi-cult-ists cheer at what happened to this poor man. Ridiculous events such as this are excellent fodder for the "non-mainstream right" because they raise awareness among ordinary Britons [and other Europeans] about how far society has strayed towards totalitarian Marxism. These unelected bureaucrats who decide what is "acceptable" and what is a "Thoughtcrime" are running wild. Due to their ever expanding list of rules, and their far reaching impact on our everyday lives they will also be the first to go when the pendulum swings.

See reply above

See reply above

Did you even read what I wrote? I didn't say I liked what has happened to him, just that it's glaringly obvious why it did.

Edited by Sthenno

That code of conduct is ridiculously draconian. A company has the right to police what it's employees do during working hours only! In their freetime, if the employee orchestrates plans for global domination, they should be able to do so, because it is during non working, non paid hours! It would've been better to not list where he works on his page, these days it's common sense to know that many are wet blanket pansy types who can't take any shred of criticism, no matter how tough, or mild it is. It probably cost his company more money just wasting time in even dealing with this, than it would have to just let it all go and not give a damn, because untimately no harm was done. Typical mis-management at it's finest, idiots. The manager who raised the red flag on this deserves a salary decrease because he or she is unnecessarily costing the company more money than the guy who made the comment! On the other hand, said company could've seen things positively and declared that they are one of the few companies who actually support individual rights and freedom of speech! That would get them accolades by the masses. Common sense exams should have to be given to anyone who wants a management position. This company should've included, "We only hire mindless automatons" in their code of conduct.

If he claimed to represent the company, the company has every right to police his behaviour. If he had made the statement from himself without the company been mentioned no issue would have been raised.

If I as an employee of HMS Government said that Gays were subhuman then I would get the sack. If I said the same thing as Br Cornelius, I would just get laughed at. Spot the difference.

Classic manipulation of a quite straight forward story of employee misconduct.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

I still think there could've been a positive spin put on it in any circumstance for a beneficial outcome. I don't agree with reducing this man's salary, especially in this economic climate. They should have at least counseled him first, and nicely asked him to please remove the post, or take the company name off his page. It looks like someone either has a personal vendetta against him, or management was trying to make an example out of him, which is also something I completely disagree with.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

• 1 year later...

I'm glad he won his court case and even Peter Tatchell was sticking up for this poor man.

He wasn't homophobic in the slightest. He just wrote on his facebook on his status

he didn't think gay marriage should be allowed in a church but he thought it was ok

in a registry office.

the guy is entitled to his opinions.

he's hardly Nick Griffin is he

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but this is just wrong and totally disregards this man's right to express himself, unless such a right doesn't exist in the UK.

His post was most reasonable, it didn't contain any inflammatory language or homophobic slurs, yet he still got demoted and his pay cut because of one private facebook post.

He simply did not agree with gays getting married in churches, which is an understandable view when you consider his religious background. I might not agree with his comment, but it was not in any way out of bounds when it came to language. He was just expressing his opinion through a (supposedly) private forum.

I believe someone who didn't fancy him too much in his circle of acquaintances was the one who brought this up to higher management.

I just think this goes way too far when a certain view is pushed onto a population through force. Losing a major portion of income can be horribly devastating on a person, especially if you have a family to support, like this man.

He should have immediately resigned and gone to a tribuneral for constructive dismissal.

Religious freedoms are protected by law so he would have won as its discrimination on grounds of religious beliefs.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

It was his personal blog or wall on facebook. Nothing to do with his work. =/

It is odd though that as a christian he's so against homosexuals when Jesus and John would probably have gotten married in a church if they were alive today.

If Jesus was homophobic, His spirit would've been unclean and therfore He couldn't have provided the ransom sacrifice which He did. It took Jesus to pay the ransom sacrifice because He was the only one who was without sin.

One cannot claim their own version of the facts, and so It'll benefit you to study the Bible if you want to talk about the events depicted.

I'm glad he won his court case and even Peter Tatchell was sticking up for this poor man.

He wasn't homophobic in the slightest. He just wrote on his facebook on his status

he didn't think gay marriage should be allowed in a church but he thought it was ok

in a registry office.

the guy is entitled to his opinions.

he's hardly Nick Griffin is he

This.

It is ridiculous to think that because you are known as an employee of a company you lose your right to your own opinion on social issues - they really do not have the right to snuff out personal views, just because they do not agree with them. He did not post a hate speech fgs.

I'm afraid to say that in modern Britain Christians are the only religion who aren't allowed to express their religious beliefs.

I think it's also very disturbing, and reminiscent of the Soviet Union, that people in modern Britain are not allowed to publicly express views which contradict those of the ruling Left Wing Establishment.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

I'm eagerly anticipating the day when it's reported in the newspapers that a mosque has been prosecuted for refusing to perform same-sex marriages, or that the Old Bill has been banging on the doors of a madrassa because the Imam hasn't been teaching his pupils the joys of gay relationships!

It's gonna be a long wait, I suspect.