Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's War Crime

Persia

The president is falsely taking credit for finally bringing Iraq to a close—a war actually ended by the Bush administration back in 2008. The U.S. troops who fought and died in that war, the Iraqis who perished, and the American people deserve far better.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/10/24/obamas-war-crime-taking-credit-from-bush-adminsitration-for-ending-the-iraq-war.html

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conspiracybeliever

• Space Commander Travis

• Dredimus

• Rafterman

Someone needs to learn the definition of what a war crime is :rolleyes:

I will always blame Bush for us being there and recognize Obama as getting us out,,, if it happens that is.

Bush spent a a trillion dollars to fight a country that had no real capability to pose a threat. For the life of me, I don't know why he didn't take Aruba, Tabago or Trinidad.

Mark

So this is what sour grapes look like :blink: Now who would create such a twisted version of actual events I wonder?

So this is what sour grapes look like :blink: Now who would create such a twisted version of actual events I wonder?

The whole sour grapes fable is pretty amusing since if the fox had reached the grapes they likely would have killed him. Raisins and grapes cause renal failure and a lot of canine deaths each year.

They probably were sour, very sour indeed, and the fox very lucky.

I know off topic so... at least Obama hasn't taken credit for the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq and Bush can still take credit for the costs and outcomes of those wars.

Mark

I will always blame Bush for us being there and recognize Obama as getting us out,,, if it happens that is.

Bush spent a a trillion dollars to fight a country that had no real capability to pose a threat. For the life of me, I don't know why he didn't take Aruba, Tabago or Trinidad.

Mark

You do realize that the December 2011 deadline has been in place since 2007, right?

Obama did nothing more than follow the previous administration's timeline for withdrawal.

That's neither partisan nor biased, that's fact.

You do realize that the December 2011 deadline has been in place since 2007, right?

Obama did nothing more than follow the previous administration's timeline for withdrawal.

That's neither partisan nor biased, that's fact.

Pesky facts

Someone needs to learn the definition of what a war crime is :rolleyes:

Yeah. And Bush is a war criminal. |: At least that's what the opposition says.

You know what. We're in Iraq, Saddam and his sons are dead, the people are happy, and living their lives better. Nothing you say will change history. It won't bring back Saddam.

(Not trying to sound like an insult or anything.)

Edited by Princess Serenity

You know what. We're in Iraq, Saddam and his sons are dead, the people are happy, and living their lives better. Nothing you say will change history. It won't bring back Saddam.

Nothing anyone says will bring back all the innocent civilians that died in these wars either so does that mean we should just not talk about them either?

:huh:

I didn't say anything about Saddam or Iraq for that matter. I was commenting about how the author of the article is whining about Obama taking credit for pulling troops out of Iraq and calling it a war crime.

Corp: I know. I only brought those things up because people complain about what we should have done. But it won't change the things that we're already done.

I'm going to leave now before I derail the topic.

Edited by Princess Serenity

Nothing anyone says will bring back all the innocent civilians that died in these wars either so does that mean we should just not talk about them either?

Can we hear about the number of innocent civilians that were tortured and killed under Saddam's regime?

Can we hear about the number of innocent civilians that were tortured and killed under Saddam's regime?

We can if you would like to tell the story. You may as well also tell us that Bush started these wars because he was concerned about innocent people. :rolleyes:

We can if you would like to tell the story. You may as well also tell us that Bush started these wars because he was concerned about innocent people. :rolleyes:

I fairly certain that only the US Congress can declare war. In fact I know it. Congress authorized the use of force, therefore Congress bares the blame. Clinton and Kerry voted to authorize the use of force. Why do you give them, and all the other Congress persons that voted for this, a free ride? Do you not know (or understand) the US Constitution, or do facts just get in the way of your partisanship? Either way you are quite amusing.

GW deserves the credit for ending a war that he began for no good reason? yes, that makes perfect sense.

:unsure:

I fairly certain that only the US Congress can declare war. In fact I know it. Congress authorized the use of force, therefore Congress bares the blame. Clinton and Kerry voted to authorize the use of force. Why do you give them, and all the other Congress persons that voted for this, a free ride? Do you not know (or understand) the US Constitution, or do facts just get in the way of your partisanship? Either way you are quite amusing.

Thanks! :tu:

Perhaps you need to do a lil research before spouting anymore of the "Bush Lied" crapola... just so you are aware, WMD's were found, jut not nukes.... doesnt change the fact that they were there and we found them, along with labs for chemical/nerve agent production... but I guess the mainstream didnt wanna report on that huh...

If you didnt have your head burried so deep in the MSM, you might know some of this stuff...

Saddam's "Killer File"

Approaching two million, including between 150,000 and 340,000 Iraqi and between 450,000 and 730,000 Iranian combatants killed during the Iran-Iraq War. An estimated 1,000 Kuwaiti nationals killed following the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. No conclusive figures for the number of Iraqis killed during the Gulf War, with estimates varying from as few as 1,500 to as many as 200,000. Over 100,000 Kurds killed or "disappeared". No reliable figures for the number of Iraqi dissidents and Shia Muslims killed during Saddam's reign, though estimates put the figure between 60,000 and 150,000. (Mass graves discovered following the US occupation of Iraq in 2003 suggest that the total combined figure for Kurds, Shias and dissidents killed could be as high as 300,000). Approximately 500,000 Iraqi children dead because of international trade sanctions introduced following the Gulf War.
The U.S. stated that the intent was to remove "a regime that developed and used weapons of mass destruction, that harbored and supported terrorists, committed outrageous human rights abuses, and defied the just demands of the United Nations and the world".[/Quote]

Perhaps you need to do a lil research before spouting anymore of the "Bush Lied" crapola... just so you are aware, WMD's were found, jut not nukes.... doesnt change the fact that they were there and we found them, along with labs for chemical/nerve agent production... but I guess the mainstream didnt wanna report on that huh...

If you didnt have your head burried so deep in the MSM, you might know some of this stuff...

Saddam's "Killer File"

He started an unnecessary war or wars and lied about the reasons for starting them. If he was just doing what Congress told him to he should have said because Congress said so and I believe them.

He started an unnecessary war or wars and lied about the reasons for starting them. If he was just doing what Congress told him to he should have said because Congress said so and I believe them.

As usual... no comment on the facts huh...

Ah of course, it was all covered up by the MSM. Including those notorious Republican-haters, NewsCorp, of course, and all the right wing pundits.

What about the 200,000 or so that Saddam was killing on a yearly basis? And what about that amount or more that were tortured and maimed annually?

Do we talk about them even though it's not politically expedient for those opposed to the war to do so?

Because Bush, being the simpleton idiot that his political opponents claim, was able to completely pull the wool over the eyes of all of the elitist Ivy League intellectual politicians on the left.

Oh, and the simpleton was also able to pull of 9/11.

He's like freaking Rain Man.

Because Bush, being the simpleton idiot that his political opponents claim, was able to completely pull the wool over the eyes of all of the elitist Ivy League intellectual politicians on the left.

Oh, and the simpleton was also able to pull of 9/11.

He's like freaking Rain Man.

No one said he did it alone. I don't think he could roll his ass out of bed alone. :lol: Someone would would have to stear him in the right direction.

Oh, she doesn't let facts get in her way. She side steps them. But, she does so amusingly.