Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Volcano swelling like a ballon.

Robbie333

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• Robbie333

• Paracelse

• mytee

All we need is some music from the Boom Town Rats ! "Boom,Boom out go the lights " :wacko:

I hate it when the op just puts a link and says this sucks or this isn't good and leave it at that.

If you make a thread try to put actual dialog in it. Sure I can follow the link and likely I will. Maybe I'm the only one bothered by this but it happens so often that its starting to get annoying.

I hate it when the op just puts a link and says this sucks or this isn't good and leave it at that.

If you make a thread try to put actual dialog in it. Sure I can follow the link and likely I will. Maybe I'm the only one bothered by this but it happens so often that its starting to get annoying.

Maybe he posted it because he thought it would be a nice topic for others to discuss or just to read about. Just because you start a topic doesn't mean you have to make any imput.

What would you like to discuss? As i see it, expect if you are a geologist, there's really nothing to discuss regarding this topic. But it's still nice know about it.

Thank you for your input. It not this huge deal that needs a defender. And I said it was probably only me.I do not disagree with you at all. Just nice to have dialog before I go search out links. That's all good sir. Anyways have a good day.

This is Earth at work, in action, pure force and energy, heat, fire, fascinating stuff. Here's the plot:

1. There's a huge ball of magma under that mountain. It is slowly building up, as the heat around it brings even more magma from it's sorroundings and deep earth.

2. Preassure is building up, and rapidly, the soil around it is starting to drift away. It's like a huge steam pot on your kitchen, but this one has no escape. The whole mountain is under an inmense amount of stress.

3. At some point, which is more or less predictable, the mountain won't be able to withstand the stress due the preassure within it. Evetually it will give away. A sudden rapture within the mountain will cause the preassure it liberate rapidly, ripping the mountain apart in a violent explosion.

Mount Saint Helens anyone?

Before/After:

mount_helens_split.jpg

Edited by Edel

I certainly don't want to be around when that sucker explodes. I hope nearby towns / villages have an evacuation plan ready in the event the mountain erupts.

I give it a week before Harold Camping makes a prediction on when it's going to erupt and kill us all :yes:

Usually I write something but in this case I didn't deem that I should. It was only a link. Thanks for the rant and I didn't mean to pee in your Cornflakes, Gheeesssh, what a grump.

I give it a week before Harold Camping makes a prediction on when it's going to erupt and kill us all :yes:

Only if you tell him so keep it down and don't give him his sixtuple focal glasses :P

I'm no geologist, but I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and suggest that it's gonna blow its top sometime in the not-so-distant future.

Usually I write something but in this case I didn't deem that I should. It was only a link. Thanks for the rant and I didn't mean to pee in your Cornflakes, Gheeesssh, what a grump.

Robbie I'm sorry. It wasn't even really a rant. I'm sure you've seen one of my rants...lol I hope you don't feel too offended. Again my apologies.

The good news is it is swelling and not building up restrained pressure. With any luck it will find a weak point and just let out magma without any massive and dangerous eruption.

Robbie I'm sorry. It wasn't even really a rant. I'm sure you've seen one of my rants...lol I hope you don't feel too offended. Again my apologies.

No problem and I did get your point. I do have a habit of posting links without a small insite. I will attempt to do better. Have a great day.:yes:

Is anyone aware of the Island of Hierro, in the Canary Islands? Mount Teide is an active volcano. According to the USGS http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqinthenews/2011/canaryislands.php - As of 10 October, IGN has recorded more than 9900 events in the area since 19 July. They are continuing to monitor the earthquakes and the volcano, which is currently at "Yellow" alert status.

Here is the Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teide

I went into Google to look at it. Its huge. Wiki: Its 3,718 metres (12,198 ft) summit is the highest point in Spain, the highest point above sea level in the islands of the Atlantic, and it is the third highest volcano in the world measured from its base on the ocean floor.

On google, in the ocean image - there are fractures in the ocean floor like a three pointed star, right at the base of it. Also the actual cone of the volcano sits "inside" a ring that encompasses that whole are that was probably the mouth of a larger event. Its like your looking at Mars or something. Earth is getting ready to "adjust" - I think.

I love huge exploding volcanoes. Let her blow!