Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1st Paranormal Investigation by Canoe

Brian from EPI

We decided to kick it up a notch. Enjoy the trailer. Let us know what you think.

Edited by Brian from EPI

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian from EPI

• Sakari

• Mark is Back

• Mike G

Production quality looks good, dramatization is at a high - But I'll be the first to say it - - Looks and feels like a PRS (Paranormal State) clone... But that could just be becasue I don't watch that one with Zak 'douche' Baggins.

Potential for sure, just be careful what is portrayed and how you edit. I'd watch the show, at least until I can make an informed decision on what I think of the intent.

Thanks for sharing.

Production quality looks good, dramatization is at a high - But I'll be the first to say it - - Looks and feels like a PRS (Paranormal State) clone... But that could just be becasue I don't watch that one with Zak 'douche' Baggins.

Potential for sure, just be careful what is portrayed and how you edit. I'd watch the show, at least until I can make an informed decision on what I think of the intent.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark thanks I didnt mean to come off like a DICK on the EMF thread.

We use more scientific data along with the video and audio which I think alot of the shows dont do. But doing a investigation at night on a creek is crazy and hard to have all the right equipment.

B

We decided to kick it up a notch. Enjoy the trailer. Let us know what you think.

The editing seems a little choppy, even for a trailer. And is this really the first ever paranormal investigation done in a canoe? And more importantly, is that really a selling point to begin with?

Any case, looks like you guys had loads of fun. In the end, isn't that all that matters...

Ghost hunting by plane in a hurricane... has that been done? Its rumored spirits cause hurricanes to gain power.

The sad thing is, Im being somewhat serious

Edited by Evo

Seems to go with the flow ...... whatever floats your boat (even with the fat guy in it) .... hope it doesn't leave you up the creek without a paddle .... it'll soon be water under the bridge ...

WOW - well, the puns flow fourth.

Like I said, looks good - as a trailer it doesn't really demonstrate the rest of the stuff you mentioned, so I'll definitely check out the YouTube channel. I will agree though, out doors poses an issue every time - but I'm glad to see someone giving it a go.

All in all, looked good.

and no worries about the EM thread - it happens, and I'm equally guilty at times.

:innocent:

And welcome to UM

WOW - well, the puns flow fourth.

Like I said, looks good - as a trailer it doesn't really demonstrate the rest of the stuff you mentioned, so I'll definitely check out the YouTube channel. I will agree though, out doors poses an issue every time - but I'm glad to see someone giving it a go.

All in all, looked good.

and no worries about the EM thread - it happens, and I'm equally guilty at times.

:innocent:

And welcome to UM

I hear ya Mark as far as I know no one has done a canoe investigation. Mark we may be holding a paranormal convention here in the Philadelphia are you and your group close by?

Brian

When I was a kid, me and my friends spent all Summer nights tubing down the truckee river, and swimming in it at nights.....

Anything can be spooky at night, if you let it be.......

Trailer looks good, but I think the Paranormal hunting fad is dying out......You may have missed the boat.

How much are you going to charge for the DVD?

No offense, but I am sure money is involved somewhere, fame and fortune you know..... :)

I hear ya Mark as far as I know no one has done a canoe investigation. Mark we may be holding a paranormal convention here in the Philadelphia are you and your group close by?

Brian

We're in Rome, Ny - about 6 hours from you..

When were you looking to do this, becasue we're looking at something similar, filling in a lot of the details for a large scale collaboration event, and we are looking at being involved with Scare-A-Cuse again this year as well.

Keep me posted.

Trailer looks good, but I think the Paranormal hunting fad is dying out......You may have missed the boat.

Are you saying that they are going to be up the creek without a paddle? Or... left high and dry, maybe?

Are you saying that they are going to be up the creek without a paddle? Or... left high and dry, maybe?

Don't waste water Dam-it.

Maybe this would be more fitting :)

Two wrongs don't make a right.

( Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures )....Although there are more than two of these types of shows that are making money..... :(

Edited by Sakari

Our team tries to go the more scientific route and troubleshoot any occurance to disprove.

I'm sure this will sell locally to the people that live along here. We are trying to up the game here some.

How many of you would have done this is the real question :-0

How many of you would have done this is the real question :-0

I all ready pointed out that when I was 13-19 years old, we floated down the Truckee river at night, and in the flumes at night.( not recomended )

So, yes, I would do it in a heart beat.

Film it, or a canoe investigation?

Film - yes, we're doing the same for promotional purposes.

Canoe - why not.. Our thermal imagers are waterproof to 3 meters, and so are some of our cameras...

It's all about upping the game locally now.. Everyone has gotten so cut-throat.. We've been forced to step into the light not too long ago (a year now since we started publicly pushing) because of other groups making a bad name for what we do. Need to have someone respectable getting the attention otherwise the field suffers.

Film it, or a canoe investigation?

Film - yes, we're doing the same for promotional purposes.

Canoe - why not.. Our thermal imagers are waterproof to 3 meters, and so are some of our cameras...

It's all about upping the game locally now.. Everyone has gotten so cut-throat.. We've been forced to step into the light not too long ago (a year now since we started publicly pushing) because of other groups making a bad name for what we do. Need to have someone respectable getting the attention otherwise the field suffers.

And you can make some cash on the side as well... ;)

And you can make some cash on the side as well... ;)

Ha - actually cash has been the furthest thing from our sights... I mean of course if people wanted to buy the stuff we're going to film - I wouldn't say no... consider it a donation toward R&D but thats what our T-Shirts are for..lol

Otherwise, I'll save the cash for contracts on syndicated TV..lol :rolleyes::tu: whisful thinking I know.

Otherwise, I'll save the cash for contracts on syndicated TV..lol :rolleyes::tu: whisful thinking I know.

Paranoramal Investigators = Dreams = $$$$$$$$$$$

That is the true goal, even if it means fakery to get there.....( or stay there )

IE : Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, etc, etc.......

Why not try to get grants for research?

Or better yet, if it is about establishing being credible ( first, don't mention wanting to be on TV ), get some solid evidence, take it to a University, get $$$ to be the first Paranormal group to gain respect from a Higher Education system, and prove to the world these things do exist......That would be credible, and that would be respectful.

A goal of being on TV is what this fad has become.

Paranoramal Investigators = Dreams = $$$$$$$$$$$

That is the true goal, even if it means fakery to get there.....( or stay there )

IE : Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, etc, etc.......

Why not try to get grants for research?

Or better yet, if it is about establishing being credible ( first, don't mention wanting to be on TV ), get some solid evidence, take it to a University, get $$$ to be the first Paranormal group to gain respect from a Higher Education system, and prove to the world these things do exist......That would be credible, and that would be respectful.

A goal of being on TV is what this fad has become.

I must apologize. I was kidding, notice the emotes at the end of the statement. I understand that it is difficult to convey sarcasm and emotion via the internet, however I was completely kidding.

We do this to help people first a foremost, and with a secondary but prominent goal of scientifically furthering the field. If humor will damage my credibility, then fine with me - the group as a whole carries its weight.

And the problem with research grants, lies in the fact that this is not yet considered a science and even the most provoking evidence will unlikely change the minds of schools or companies offering such grants.

Next, if it weren't for people like the "Ghost Hunters" being on TV you wouldn't really have much of a client base. It's because people are more comfortable with something that is considered a social norm now that calls are even placed to local groups anymore. So I wouldn't knock them. The other two groups mentioned I have no real respect for, and presume they have resorted to drama and fakery.

So, I don't want it to become an argument - but you do need to understand, it is incredibly difficult to get any kind of grant or funding for this, and while we have no problem paying for our R&D, anything that can supplement our goal and make it possible to focus more directly on the research isn't a bad thing. If by some slim chance we were to be approached and offered to be televised, I'd have no problem saying sure - but to me it just means I could focus full time on the research already being put in by our team, and we would have the funds to work on our design concepts. Is it a dream, not so much - I dream of being able to leave my day job, I dream of being able to do something I love for work, I dream of finding that perfect evidence that eludes all paranormal investigators - but I do not dream of getting my ugly mug on TV. Publicity is also important to help redirect attention away from people horribly damaging the field by making outrageous claims that their orbs are proof of ghosts, or that exclaim that they make nightly visits to cemeteries and that swear by Ouija boards as investigation tools.. Not to gain personal fame - 10 years our group has existed, only 2 have we promoted publicity of our work and only because it's become necessary with so many people springing up with no sense of what is paranormal investigation.

Some of those people on TV put nearly a week into a location to gather enough to put into a 23 minute show... If they were just going to fake everything, why not spend one night, let's say locked in for drama, and call it even???

Double post, my edit window quickly closed...

Apologies..

We're also working with a legal advisor to compile and complete our 501(3)c) filing, which will make receipt of a grant much easier. (even though they are still few and far between for what we do)

Edited by Mark of R.I.P.

Next, if it weren't for people like the "Ghost Hunters" being on TV you wouldn't really have much of a client base. It's because people are more comfortable with something that is considered a social norm now that calls are even placed to local groups anymore. So I wouldn't knock them.

Sorry, I do knock them.....

Just one example.....

Sorry, I do knock them.....

Just one example.....

Alright - well I assume this is the jacket pull; I can't view the videos where I am.

That's something I've had explained to me, and argued with people about now many times.. I don't discount the whole thing, BUT I DO point out that the contract between TAPS and SyFy has been changed following that event - trust me.

There are times when entertainment becomes an issue, those times - live events.

I will not argue this again, not here, no point. You're welcome to knock them - but meet them, talk to them, get to know them and hell even ASK them about this.. You'll get similar answers to what I have.

Yes limelight has its effects, however you miss my point -

Because of them the Paranormal has become a far more acceptable field, something that people are more comfortable discussing and asking for help with or even researching. Because of them the more scientific edge of the field was finally seen, and it then grew from there. Theories developed and are being tested, a process that really hadn't been taken into consideration by many prior to the televising of such a popular show.

You cannot assume that media = fake - you're speaking from a speculated position based on the lesser of the available data. In a 7 year running show, there are maybe a few questionable pieces that were aired, and none really since the contract was completely redone. They have thrown away things you'd never notice as being fake because they could prove, being there, that someone rigged something in the home or location, or someone broke in.

If you feel the need to bash TAPS feel free, but again do it on your own thread. This was originally intended to be semi constructive toward Brian's original post. I hijacked it a bit with my other response, and I am sorry. Calling it done from here, you're welcome to contine any discussion on the unrelated matter via personal message If you'd like.

Edited by Mark of R.I.P.

We do this to help people first a foremost, and with a secondary but prominent goal of scientifically furthering the field.

I think you're leaving out the real first and foremost: you're very interested in the whole ghostly paranormal field. I'd hope that would trump helping people; because, to be honest, you can't really be sure you're actually helping anyone.

Edited by Jerry Only

I'd give up that second goal as well then, being as there is currently no known way to scientifically study "ghosts". You may as well proclaim to be scientifically studying the soul. Good luck.