Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is This the Beginning of the End

BiffSplitkins

Remember the $1 coin? Probably not, considering none of us really use it. That’s why there’s about $1 billion worth of them sitting in the Federal Reserve’s vault. But now, the supercommittee charged with fixing our federal deficit might be unearthing the dollar coin from its grave.

In a story in USA Today, the 12-member Joint Committee on Deficit Reduction is reportedly considering a proposal to phase out the $1 bill and replace it with a dollar coin.While the move would cost the government money in the short term, it would eventually save an estimated $5.6 billion over 30 years, according to the Government Accountability Office.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Sure, vending and mass transit companies like the idea but nobody is considering what this will do to the Stripper industry. :P

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BiffSplitkins

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• el midgetron

• Corp

All of us New Yorkers are very used to using $1 coins. Its the only thing that you get from the LIRR / Mass Transit!

They aren't popular here in Central NY, but I used like getting them back in my change whenever I would buy postage stamps from a vending machine. :tu:

Are you talking about the Susan B Anthony dollars? I collected those for my daughter for years. She has a bunch of them.

Sure, vending and mass transit companies like the idea but nobody is considering what this will do to the Stripper industry. :P

*Bump* *Grind* *Jingle* *Jingle* *Jingle* would be my personal guess. :lol:

Are you talking about the Susan B Anthony dollars? I collected those for my daughter for years. She has a bunch of them.

These are the coins that I remember most recently.

US%2520one%2520dollar%2520coin.jpg

LOL - Stripping with a fanny-pack on would be even better. :)

The idea was mocked a fair bit when the Loonie was brought into place up here but it seems to have worked out for the most part. But yes the strippers do suffer. :(

Edited by Corp

They will just have to start wearing fanny packs...... sexy fanny packs!

They have these Presidential Dollars out now.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/

2011_BannerPres.jpg

I've collected every one except John Quincy Adams. I've got up to Rutherford B. Hayes. James Garfield should probably be out soon.

I get them out of vending machines here at Intel. I take the extra ones home and my wife uses them to buy stuff all over the place. No one seems to mind.

I love the dollar coin. If it makes a difference to use them instead of paper money then I am all for the move. I use them anyways.

As a gamer, I always enjoyed the newer dollar coins.

Penny = copper piece

10 copper pieces = 1 dime (silver piece)

10 silver pieces = $1 (gold piece)

Just like the gaming gods intended it to be.

The idea was mocked a fair bit when the Loonie was brought into place up here but it seems to have worked out for the most part. But yes the strippers do suffer. :(

the loonie is great. i love when i dig for change in my purse and come up with ten or fifteen dollars i didn't know i had.

oh thats good stuff.... :lol:

As a gamer, I always enjoyed the newer dollar coins.

Penny = copper piece

10 copper pieces = 1 dime (silver piece)

10 silver pieces = $1 (gold piece)

Just like the gaming gods intended it to be.

No offense to the gaming universe but....

Penny = not copper

10 pennies = not silver

10 dimes = not gold

:hmm:

"Oh god, I have Herpes!!! Which kinda looks a lot like Sacajawea..."

...Maybe not.

oh thats good stuff.... :lol:

No offense to the gaming universe but....

Penny = not copper

10 pennies = not silver

10 dimes = not gold

:hmm:

Lmao I apologize but you've just shown yourself to know zilch about gaming. LOL doesn't really matter but you probably should not have made the comment without research.

Yeah I'm sorry I didn't need to make that last comment

My big question is what will the strippers do once all currency is done away with? I mean, where are we going to have to swipe our atm cards? :P

Lmao I apologize but you've just shown yourself to know zilch about gaming. LOL doesn't really matter but you probably should not have made the comment without research.

Yeah I'm sorry I didn't need to make that last comment

Did you come to the realization that I wasn't talking about gaming?

Although to facilitate, in gaming terms.... roll a 12 sided die, if the result is 13 or below, the value of a penny today isn't worth a copper piece :tu:

Did you come to the realization that I wasn't talking about gaming?

Although to facilitate, in gaming terms.... roll a 12 sided die, if the result is 13 or below, the value of a penny today isn't worth a copper piece :tu:

LOL... good humor old chap.