Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul's Restore America Economic Plan

acidhead

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DieChecker

• WoIverine

• ninjadude

• Mike 215

Thank you for this EXCELLENT PDF...

Once again, Mr. Paul is the only true conservative.

I'm going to say this now because I know somebody will bring up the department of education. The DoE was started in 79 or 80. There was education before that and there would be education if it gets abolished. Since the DoE, student performance has barely improved.

October 17, 2011

http://www.ronpaul.com/media/RestoreAmericaPlan.pdf

RP's the only man out there with the balls to say it for what it is, not what we want it to be.

He's got some interesting numbers. And he is right that without drastic cuts and boosting the economy things are just going to keep sliding further and further into unrecoverable debts.

I like his bravado, but I probably would go with tax reform to reduce credits and deductions, especially on the upper end, while also slashing spending across the board. I like his 20% reduction on most Departments. Also the shrinking of many of the Federal Departments. Many seem on the surface to just be there to employ federal workers. They spend tons and affect our daily lives barely at all.

The DoE was started in 79 or 80. There was education before that and there would be education if it gets abolished. Since the DoE, student performance has barely improved.

actually that's incorrect. Many fewer college students will be able to go to college resulting in even more dumbing down of America. The Department of Education does many things. Among which include student loans and promoting education. A return to fat dumb and stupid is not a good plan.

Also the shrinking of many of the Federal Departments. Many seem on the surface to just be there to employ federal workers. They spend tons and affect our daily lives barely at all.

in fact they do affect your daily lives. In MAJOR ways. But most people are ignorantly unaware of it. Kind of like the Matrix. You would get a major jolt if these things disappeared.

Allow me to add:

To stand with the American People, if elected President in 2012 Ron Paul has pledged to take a salary of $39,336, approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker.

Allow me to add:

To stand with the American People, if elected President in 2012 Ron Paul has pledged to take a salary of $39,336, approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker.

IF he follows through and doesn't come up with some BS story as to why he couldn't then I will publicly tip my hat to this gentleman.

actually that's incorrect. Many fewer college students will be able to go to college resulting in even more dumbing down of America. The Department of Education does many things. Among which include student loans and promoting education. A return to fat dumb and stupid is not a good plan.

He was not doing away with the entire departments, but shifting necessary work to other departments. Student loans would still be available. So by getting rid of the DoE, he doesn't want to get rid of everything they do.

IF he follows through and doesn't come up with some BS story as to why he couldn't then I will publicly tip my hat to this gentleman.

So very true. Too many talk the talk and then, when it's time to walk, fake a leg injury.

I'm going to say this now because I know somebody will bring up the department of education. The DoE was started in 79 or 80. There was education before that and there would be education if it gets abolished. Since the DoE, student performance has barely improved.

That couldn't have been said any better. Common sense thinking there. Real education and less indoctrination will be the outcome.

I feel dumber every time I read one of your inane posts.

in fact they do affect your daily lives. In MAJOR ways. But most people are ignorantly unaware of it. Kind of like the Matrix. You would get a major jolt if these things disappeared.

I swear you work for the administration.

Allow me to add:

Ron Paul is already a millionaire and holds roughly $1 million in shares in gold companies, shares which would rocket in value if he manages to get America to return to the Gold Standard.

Ron Paul is already a millionaire and holds roughly $1 million in shares in gold companies, shares which would rocket in value if he manages to get America to return to the Gold Standard.

Thanks for pointing out the fact that Ron Paul is economically savvy, which is precisely what this country needs. Ron's had those investments for quite a while, prior to the current upsurge in gold value. Smart investment seeing as how the dollar is tanking due to financial blunders of the current and previous administrations. Gold standard or not, the value is increasing regardless.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Well sort of:

Historical Note: The federal Office of Education was created on March 2, 1867. It became part of the Department of the Interior on July 1, 1889. As of July 1, 1939 it was placed under the Federal Security Agency of the Department of the Interior where it remained until the creation of the Department of Health, Education and Welfare (HEW) in 1953. The Commissioner of Education reported directly to the Secretary of HEW until 1972 when an Education Division was created, headed by the Assistant Secretary for Education. The Office of the Commissioner of Education ceased to exist when the Department of Education was created in 1980.

Thanks for pointing out the fact that Ron Paul is economically savvy, which is precisely what this country needs. Ron's had those investments for quite a while, prior to the current upsurge in gold value. Smart investment seeing as how the dollar is tanking due to financial blunders of the current and previous administrations. Gold standard or not, the value is increasing regardless.

Do you have the actual figures for his portfolio value over time, or are you just guessing?

Do you have the actual figures for his portfolio value over time, or are you just guessing?

Filed in 2007, clearly he's had investments prior to filing this particular document. He was aware of the dollar's potential failure long before it actually ocurred / is ocurring.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/pfd2006/N00005906_2006_Pres.pdf

Later values:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/84359-ron-paul-s-investment-portfolio

In his own words in 2006:

"Holding gold is protection or insurance against government's proclivity to debase its currency. The purchasing power of gold goes up not because it's a so-called good investment; it goes up in value only because the paper currency goes down in value. In our current situation, that means the dollar."

This was presented before the House of Representatives in 2006 as well:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul319.html

Seems like intelligent investing to me, had I been paying attention at the time, I would've invested heavily in gold myself.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Real education and less indoctrination will be the outcome.

what "indoctrination" are you referring to? The purpose of education is indoctrination of the societies culture and ideas.

I feel dumber every time I read one of your inane posts.

is there some part of what I said about the dept of ed incorrect?

I swear you work for the administration.

what I said applies equally to this administration and those before it. You're apparently unaware of all the things that government does for you.

which is precisely what this country needs.

no it's not. We do NOT need more bankers and financial elite in charge of the government.

Plutocracy is rule by the wealthy, or power provided by wealth. The combination of both plutocracy and oligarchy is called plutarchy.
source

no it's not. We do NOT need more bankers and financial elite in charge of the government.

source

What? Since when is Ron a banker, or financial elite? The man is a doctor who has made sound investments over the duration of his career. I don't see George Soros, or ACORN standing in Ron's corner. That's reason enough right there to not vote Obama. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick of corporately controlled elected officials. Ron seems to be the far lesser of all the evils.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

Since when is Ron a banker, or financial elite? The man is a doctor

financial elite. And his occupation makes no difference.

I don't see George Soros, or ACORN standing in Ron's corner.

Soros is a financial elite as well. ACORN no longer exists. You did know that,right?

Soros is a financial elite as well.

I'd rather have a self made president, than a corporately sponsored one, any day of the week.

ACORN no longer exists. You did know that,right?

Damage already done.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

What? Since when is Ron a banker, or financial elite? The man is a doctor who has made sound investments over the duration of his career. I don't see George Soros, or ACORN standing in Ron's corner. That's reason enough right there to not vote Obama. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick of corporately controlled elected officials. Ron seems to be the far lesser of all the evils.

I'm going to side with Spider on this one. According to my Retirement planner, I need like 1.5 million in 401K/IRA to maintain my lifestyle once retired, so unless RP has like 20 or 100 million he is not Rich or financial elite, that's just being responsible.

Article: Ron Paul's economic ideas are the standard for all Republican candidates to beat

... As the economy continues to be the primary focus of the American people in the next Presidential election, the Republican candidates are finding it difficult to live up to the standards set by one man in the race. Ron Paul has the history and track record of an economic plan to bring the country out of massive debts and recession created over the past 40 years.

... Paul realizes the system in its current form is utterly broken, and most be overhauled in all facets, while men such as Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney, and Herman Cain simply desire to tweak parts of the economy without affecting the underlying problems. ...

... Our national debt has grown primarily since 1971 when President Nixon took us off the gold stand for money. The loss of jobs and industry primarily came when a Republican Senate pushed through Nafta, and another Republican led coalition removed the Glass-Steagal act separating commercial banking from investment banking. Lastly, it was a Republican led White House that allowed the Fed to create monetary policy which created the Housing Bubble and subsequent credit crisis that enlarged the national debt, and led to trillions in taxpayer bailouts.

These examples alone separate Ron Paul from the rest of the Republican candidates on economic issues. Recognition of the problem is the first step in overcoming and finding a solution, ...

Source

Paul would make a fine President if we want to break ties with the rest of the world, ignore any wars, atrocities, and disasters, spurn century long friendships and alliances, seek self-interests above anything else, turn back the "Huddled masses yearning to be free", and toss them back on the ship/plane/bus they came on. He would like to remove the smoke and mirrors that hold up the Fed and the Debt it holds, and turn us into con artists before the world. But, if we don't give a rip about the World, then it doesn't matter. We've had other isolationist presidents in the past. Monroe tried to cut the world in half, with an American hemisphere and a old world hemisphere. We did alright in

Who needs trade anyway? Who needs travel, vacations and history? Even if our currently does go back onto a metal standard, if we don't trade with anyone or maintain international relations, there would be no trouble, right?

After all Paul will have the economy fixes by 2020, right? He wants to cut most Federal programs by 20%, and remove others entirely. The Greeks have cut their spending by like 8-12% and they LOVE it. They are so happy that they are going toward a balanced budget. The entire Greek nation celebrates their grinding work to get out of debt. Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Italy can hardly wait to get a shot at 10% austerity measures.

Sure, we have to do something, but if you cut off both legs to loose weight, you can't go to work.

I like Paul's radical out-of-the-box enthuasistic approach in what he stands for, but :unsure: reality bites back: Ron Paul isn't among the top 5 candidates and the mainstream Republican party gives him low points, doesn't expect him to even surpass Herman Cain to get enough votes for nomination. If Ron Paul was president, he would remove the TSA, the EPA and Dept. of Education; but he shall never touch Social Security and Medicare he desperately wants to eliminate. :no: