Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bacteria Fighting Mom Banned From McDonald’s

__Kratos__

Amen to that...

When I was growing up, if we cut ourselves, we rubbed dirt on it.....No kidding.

I don't think I washed my hands before eating from age 7 to 19, and never became sick from it.

To this day, I consider myself un lucky if I get sick once every two years......I fish, and work hard, all while eating a sandwich with the same hands I just baited a hook with, or wrenched on a piece of equipment with.

Yet, my yuppie brother in law's all use germaphobe ointment on their hands, and spray the house with bleach products, and get sick 5 times more than I do :)

Since everyone has a very different immune repertoire, even if they are related, what you are doing could have killed someone else. Do not spread that kind of advice. All three of my children lived in the same house and my son is sick about every 5 years, he is a hand washer, but I told them not to use too much antibacterial products and none of them do. My oldest daughter gets sick twice a year, and my youngest once a year. My children have actually been in a couple of clinical studies. My son because he never had the flu was just recently in a Canadian study. They found that he is heterozygous for a multitude of immune genes. So already, he has the ability to make a massive repertoire of immune receptors even before all the fine tuning that goes on in his lifetime. All three of my children were in another study because none of them have ever had an ear infection. In that study they found unique DNA methylation associated with lymphocyte promoters. So, my son has a better chance of fighting off infections before and after an infectious pathogen initiates disease and maybe you do too. A balance between too little and too much is always best.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FurthurBB

• _Only

• Sakari

• Michelle

Just a question......What are public swimming pools than?

Day Care playgrounds?

Or outdoor/indoor School playgrounds?

Or for that matter, any play ground?

What is the difference other than they are in McDonalds?

They are all play areas with snotty nosed kids.....

Pussification of America.........Arghhhhhh

I hope you realize that everything to do with dare care is regulated and public pools, in most areas have to abide by strict safety standards and are inspected.

I hope you realize that everything to do with dare care is regulated and public pools, in most areas have to abide by strict safety standards and are inspected.

Of course, the inspection that happens at public pools is rather cursory where i live. They just dip a Ph stick into the water, make sure it's balanced and leave. They aren't testing for anything else like staph, impitego, plantars faceitous or other contact oriented yuckiness. The world is a germy place, your best bet is to wash hands frequently and make good decisions about where and what you're going to walk, sit or touch.

Since everyone has a very different immune repertoire, even if they are related, what you are doing could have killed someone else. Do not spread that kind of advice. All three of my children lived in the same house and my son is sick about every 5 years, he is a hand washer, but I told them not to use too much antibacterial products and none of them do. My oldest daughter gets sick twice a year, and my youngest once a year. My children have actually been in a couple of clinical studies. My son because he never had the flu was just recently in a Canadian study. They found that he is heterozygous for a multitude of immune genes. So already, he has the ability to make a massive repertoire of immune receptors even before all the fine tuning that goes on in his lifetime. All three of my children were in another study because none of them have ever had an ear infection. In that study they found unique DNA methylation associated with lymphocyte promoters. So, my son has a better chance of fighting off infections before and after an infectious pathogen initiates disease and maybe you do too. A balance between too little and too much is always best.

Am I spreading advice?

Ask anyone my age how they grew up, and what I posted.It was the norm, until the Pussification of America started.You would hate to go out on a hunting trip.

Anyway, as said, I posted how I grew up, not how I advice anyone to grow up.Although a lot of things need to go back to the way they were....Including a good " spanking ".

P.S......Caught two Salmon yesterday, using anchovies as bait....I ate a sandwich and some chips during this process, along with about 60 other people....None of us washed up before, during, or after this process of eating our lunch's.........Not one person there had anti-bacteria cream.........Now, when I go to cook the Salmon for friends and family, I will wash my hands, I will have a sink and soap there......

My point, some things get taken to the extreme, when they do not need to..............

Yes, I do realize, I am a Grandpa, so I have raised children, and raising my childrens children.I also had a wife whom worked in a day care, and I dropped my son off at one every day....I saw the snotty nosed, hacking kids there.( mine included occasionally )...I saw the toys they all shared, and put in their mouths....I saw the bathroom they all used, and the door handle they all touched.....I saw the outside toys all layed out on the ground.......I also pee'd in plenty of swimming pools, with plenty of other kids.....And now that I think of it, we ate a picnic lunch with our family, without washing our hands!!!!!........Yup, wisdom comes with age, and I have both.

Edited by Sakari

Of course, the inspection that happens at public pools is rather cursory where i live. They just dip a Ph stick into the water, make sure it's balanced and leave. They aren't testing for anything else like staph, impitego, plantars faceitous or other contact oriented yuckiness. The world is a germy place, your best bet is to wash hands frequently and make good decisions about where and what you're going to walk, sit or touch.

Oh, well around my house they are serious about swimming pools.

Am I spreading advice?

Ask anyone my age how they grew up, and what I posted.It was the norm, until the Pussification of America started.You would hate to go out on a hunting trip.

Anyway, as said, I posted how I grew up, not how I advice anyone to grow up.Although a lot of things need to go back to the way they were....Including a good " spanking ".

P.S......Caught two Salmon yesterday, using anchovies as bait....I ate a sandwich and some chips during this process, along with about 60 other people....None of us washed up before, during, or after this process of eating our lunch's.........Not one person there had anti-bacteria cream.........Now, when I go to cook the Salmon for friends and family, I will wash my hands, I will have a sink and soap there......

My point, some things get taken to the extreme, when they do not need to..............

Yes, I do realize, I am a Grandpa, so I have raised children, and raising my childrens children.I also had a wife whom worked in a day care, and I dropped my son off at one every day....I saw the snotty nosed, hacking kids there.( mine included occasionally )...I saw the toys they all shared, and put in their mouths....I saw the bathroom they all used, and the door handle they all touched.....I saw the outside toys all layed out on the ground.......I also pee'd in plenty of swimming pools, with plenty of other kids.....And now that I think of it, we ate a picnic lunch with our family, without washing our hands!!!!!........Yup, wisdom comes with age, and I have both.

Urine is sterile, so I guess learning that along with reading what people write is not something that you gained with age. Since I actually said not to use antibacterial products why are you bringing that up? Also, spankings should not be brought back at all because it is only for the parents benefit, sends the wrong message, doesn't teach anything of value, and most of all is an ineffective deterrent. Also, when you grew up, people were dying from things that are no longer a problem. It is all right, I understand how most people think things were better when they were young, people who grew up when I did say "when we were young things were so much better and our parents didn't have to worry about us going out alone ... etc." I grew up in the seventies, one of the highest crime decades in US history and the decade with the most child stranger abductions. Just because they didn't worry doesn't mean we were safe. Preschools are always going to be havens for germs because children do not start to develop good immune repertoires until age 5. Their innate immune system cannot respond to LPS on bacterial surfaces, so bacteria always cause disease. You and I probably get around 20 bacterial invasions that never cause disease because we can respond to LPS and the bacteria never get a chance to initiate infection. So, as much as you want to pretend that your post had wisdom, all you really needed to say is, yes balance is probably best. Since when I was 20 I learned balance is always the best option, but some people only see the black and the white. Those are the people that always lead us too far in one direction.