Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NYPD vs OWS: Crackdown but no backdown

Ryinrea

I wonder if Oakland California is the start of something. Edited by Ryinrea

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Ryinrea

• asc.rudeboy

• Verneph

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland is not the start of anything. It is the continuation of molding people's views on the protesters' agenda, by using conflict as propaganda. And people like you are eating every word.

Edited by Jerry Only

Oakland is not the start of anything. It is the continuation of molding people's views on the protesters' agenda, by using conflict as propaganda. And people like you are eating every word.

Oh man, oh boohoo! I'm someone who likes to be informed about a political movement unlike you apparently; which means I'm some how am a sheep according too you. Thought, I assume people like you are the ones who watch Corporate news stations like Fox News, CNN, or MSNBC which does tend to show stupid ass things like Lindsy Lohan being arrested, the Casey Anthony trial and beating it too death instead of actually reporting on things like this.

What are you talking about? Where did I say anything about people being or not being informed?

I'm pointing out that the only growing movement from these protests are that the mass public is starting to get the idea that all police are attacking citizens unwarranted. There is no progress being made toward change in the way Wall Street works, and economic inequality. Those cases of someone getting hurt are expected from a large group protest where things get out of hand (this doesn't mean everyone is out of hand, or everyone is perfectly civil, those simply can't happen). But the propaganda comes in when these parts of the protest get all the attention, and are used to further the movement WHICH IS GOING NOWHERE, regardless. There has to be more creative ways to incite change that someone can come up with, without resorting to gathering a bunch of people to stand around and yell. Something more conducive and impactful. Getting a bunch of people rowdy in Oakland City Hall to protest what's happening in Wall Street, New York is just plain ridiculous. At least in San Francisco, people went to the Federal Reserve building. People chanting "Oakland is New York"? Geez, so much wasted energy...

Not responding to your personal attack because it is unwarranted, and quite ridiculous.

What are you talking about? Where did I say anything about people being or not being informed?

I'm pointing out that the only growing movement from these protests are that the mass public is starting to get the idea that all police are attacking citizens unwarranted. There is no progress being made toward change in the way Wall Street works, and economic inequality. Those cases of someone getting hurt are expected from a large group protest where things get out of hand (this doesn't mean everyone is out of hand, or everyone is perfectly civil, those simply can't happen). But the propaganda comes in when these parts of the protest get all the attention, and are used to further the movement WHICH IS GOING NOWHERE, regardless. There has to be more creative ways to incite change that someone can come up with, without resorting to gathering a bunch of people to stand around and yell. Something more conducive and impactful. Getting a bunch of people rowdy in Oakland City Hall to protest what's happening in Wall Street, New York is just plain ridiculous. At least in San Francisco, people went to the Federal Reserve building. People chanting "Oakland is New York"? Geez, so much wasted energy...

Not responding to your personal attack because it is unwarranted, and quite ridiculous.

You know what? I second everything written up there. :tu:

i predict this will all be over soon,winter time is quickly coming and will def weed out the ones that are there for the free food and attention... once winter has beaten the crowd down to a minimum they will make the arrest and clear out the park.....the park that OWS has set up shop,happens to be the very spot they dump the snow to burn off in steamers(from what i heard on a new york based radio station)...so i think winter will play a huge role in the coming weeks.