Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

6.9 Earthquake hits Peru

Daniel Carver

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Michelle

• Thanato

• glorybebe

If you look at the USGS maps,... You'll see that the earth is *constantly* moving with quakes. It's nothing new, nothing scary.. nothing to be all freaked out about. The other thing you need to know about is the ring of fire. Which is basically a "ring" that goes around the Pacific ocean. All along the coast line of the Americas, along the coast line of the Asian countries that touch the Pacific.. and then along the northern coast lines of Australia and NZ. It's a hot bed of activity both quakes and volcanic.

If you look at the USGS maps,... You'll see that the earth is *constantly* moving with quakes. It's nothing new, nothing scary.. nothing to be all freaked out about. The other thing you need to know about is the ring of fire. Which is basically a "ring" that goes around the Pacific ocean. All along the coast line of the Americas, along the coast line of the Asian countries that touch the Pacific.. and then along the northern coast lines of Australia and NZ. It's a hot bed of activity both quakes and volcanic.

Also, communications are better and better, making the news available a lot sooner and broader. We are now hearing about all these natural occurances when we wouldn't have in the past.

Also, communications are better and better, making the news available a lot sooner and broader. We are now hearing about all these natural occurances when we wouldn't have in the past.

Yeah thanks to twitter and FB people can post about it the moment it happened.

I've mentioned this before, but I've an app on my phone that basically sends a notice every time there's a quake. It can literally go off every 5 minutes easily... Just keeps it real on how much the earth actually moves.

Yeah thanks to twitter and FB people can post about it the moment it happened.

I've mentioned this before, but I've an app on my phone that basically sends a notice every time there's a quake. It can literally go off every 5 minutes easily... Just keeps it real on how much the earth actually moves.

I feel the earth move under my feet. I feel the sky tumbling down... ;)

Edited by libstaK
double post

A tumb-o-lin down?

Yeah, this stuff has been going on for millenia, but now we have access to OMG-it's-happening-now news. My goodness but when my grandmother was born, her TOWN didn't have a telephone, and now we have apps that tell us everything.

The world isn't going to Hell in a handbasket any faster than it was - we just know about it now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake#Size_and_frequency_of_occurrence

This says the major earthquakes have decreased and then says they have increased, contradicting. We haven't had good record keeping throughout history so we can not know if there are cycles of earthquake activity. Some astrologers believe earthquakes are related to gravitational pull of planets and this would make earthquake activity cyclical.

A scientist who studies time travel said we could have increased earthquake and volcano activity when the planets line up, bringing us to the predictions of increased activity in the last days and a shifting of poles, which we know has happened in the past. Christians, Muslims and those find the 2012 credible respond to this activity as validation of the predictions. Personally, I still wonder if our planet was visited and analyzed and this information was left for our knowledge?

I feel the earth move under my feet. I feel the sky tumbling down... ;)

*shimmy shimmies*

I remember my first quake when I moved out here.. it was like a 5.6 or so. Thought my apartment was hooked up to a roller coaster. XD

everything is cyclical...there are peaks and valleys of activity....we are beginning to learn about some of them and are only now starting to think that certain things just may be related in a "synchronicity" kind of way.

Maybe...when the sun's activity increases (we are entering a solar maximum period...science fact), it releases more neutrinos...which it does and we know this (also fact)...and those neutrinos can travel deeper into the crust and mantel than any other particle...this is also a true scientific fact...

But... we have no idea if neutrinos can have any effect on earth's physical and particle stability (macro or micro)...so maybe...there is something connecting the solar maximums and tectonic activity...just a wild thought. If you consider that we know far less than you might expect about subatomic particle interactions and their "macro" effects on the physical world.