Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top 1% Income increases 275%

Light009

I have to admit im fairly surprised I didn't see anyone post this yet, anyway I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this if possible:

The income of the richest 1 percent in the U.S. soared 275 percent from 1979 to 2007, but the bottom 20 percent grew by just 18 percent, new government data shows.

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released a study this week that compared real after-tax household income between 1979 and 2007, which were both after recessions and had similar overall economic activity.

While the income of the richest 1 percent nearly tripled, increases were smaller down the economic ladder. After the 1 percent, income for the next highest 20 percent grew by 65 percent, much faster than it did for the remaining 80 percent of the population but still lagging well behind the top percentile.

My link

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffybunny

• THE MATRIX

• thatRobGuy

• Bildr

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit im fairly surprised I didn't see anyone post this yet, anyway I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this if possible:

My link

It's called the Robbery, Looting, and Shakedown of Middle Class Americans.

And it will only get worse. Let them eat cake....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLWDGb0RqA

Their is a "war against middle class" and They don't want to "share". The top 1% that possesses 40% of all this world wealth wants more. Less for the working class means more for them. This HAS to stop.

Edited by Bildr