Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Aliens: Facts and Fiction

kmt_sesh

Excellent, thank you. So where should we begin? I admit I didn't take the time to read any more than the first few pages of this thread.

I find the topic of the lost city of the gods that has now been found underwater off of the coast of India very fascinating.

I find the topic of the lost city of the gods that has now been found underwater off of the coast of India very fascinating.

As do I. Dvaraka is one of the most interesting pieces of archaeological corroboration of the Hindu texts.

Also Aristotele and Pliny wrote that Unicorn live in India.

Persians also said that Unicorn lived in India.

And German priest Bernhard von Breydenbach saw unicorn on his voyage to Holy land and wrote about it. In 1483.

And they were right: unicorns do live in India:

800px-Sa-indianrhino.JPG

• Like 2

How can you be so sure?

In year 921 Ahmad ibn Fadlan went on the trip to King of Bulgars in the name of Baghdad caliph. When he turn home he said:

"Near this river (the Volga) is a vast wilderness wherein they say is an animal that is less than a camel and more like a bull in size. Its head is like the head of a camel, and its tail is like the tail of a bull, while its body is like the body of a mule, and its hooves are like the cloven hooves of a bull. In the center of its head, it has a thick round horn, which as it rises from the head of the animal gets to be thinner until it becomes like the point of a lance. The length of some of these horns is from three to five cubits, and there are those that may attain to a greater or lesser length. The animal grazes on the leaves of trees, which are quite green. When it sees a horseman, it makes straight for him, and if he happens to have under him a fast horse, he is rendered safe from it with some effort. If it overtakes him, it removes him from the back of his horse with its horn, hurls him into the air, and then catches him with its horn. It continues in this manner until it kills him. It does not bother the horse in any form or manner. They seek out this animal in the forests in order to kill it. They do that by climbing the tall trees among which it is found, and with this object in mind, they assemble a number of archers with poisoned arrows. When it stands in their midst, they shoot at it until it is severely wounded and killed by them."

"I saw in the king's house three large bowls which looked like [they were made of] the onyx of Yemen. The king informed me that it was made from the base of the horn of the animal. Some of the people of the country told me that it was a rhinoceros."

So this guys says that someone else told him........................... Remember that childhood game when you keep repeating a phrase down a line of kids and the ending phrase is nothing like the started one?

And they were right: unicorns do live in India:

800px-Sa-indianrhino.JPG

Very good 'point' Abe, I believe that is a fact.

This guy looks like he could run ya down and do some damage, alright.

Edited by Time Spy

My guess is you've probably seen this video, but if not you should check it out.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7qQQZcVPcBEAtEwPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByc2FtNTRpBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=120m4i5pl/EXP=1338365328/**http%3a//www.youtube.com/watch%3fv=nQZFS9Hij0M

I wondered the same thing. I want to reply but I'm not really all that young anymore, and I'm having a hard time reading that stuff.

You know sesh - after reading posts like the huge thing with all the huge spaces that another author cut and pasted from their own work a few pages back - I have really come to appreciate your posts, regardless of their length - because you are a scholar. You know your stuff, and your knowledge is rooted in actual research. Its so obvious. Its like the difference between preparing a beef boullion from scratch and nuking one from salty little cubes. Your observations are rich and have a depth to them.

I think that you are probably one of the greatest contributors in terms of authenticity at this site. I just thought I'd divert from the debate at hand to recognize greatness, and to suggest that we all should challenge ourselves to be so prescient and authoritative in our postings.

• Like 1

AAs is like an addictive candy... no matter how bad it is for you... you just have to watch another episode. Actually, I find that there is always at least one gem of discovery or newly considered perspective to be found in each episode. So if one balances it with the highly unlikely anvils and flights of incredible fancy, one still has something to walk away with which, for me, completely validates the series.

You know sesh - after reading posts like the huge thing with all the huge spaces that another author cut and pasted from their own work a few pages back - I have really come to appreciate your posts, regardless of their length - because you are a scholar. You know your stuff, and your knowledge is rooted in actual research. Its so obvious. Its like the difference between preparing a beef boullion from scratch and nuking one from salty little cubes. Your observations are rich and have a depth to them.

I think that you are probably one of the greatest contributors in terms of authenticity at this site. I just thought I'd divert from the debate at hand to recognize greatness, and to suggest that we all should challenge ourselves to be so prescient and authoritative in our postings.

This is very kind of you to say, orangepeaceful79, and I appreciate it very much. Thank you for taking the time to write your post. :)

Our system relies on rock solid evidence.

But then just maybe, that's where the actual problem lies.

True, there are cave paintings by pre-historic man showing flying saucers, helmeted figures, from many parts of the world, apparently from the same period + - a few hundred years.

Biblical accounts would seem to hint at alien intervention.

But the entire belief system is strongly entrenched in a mechanism that runs concurrently with the development of backing technology to substantiate hypetheses and theories, like carbon dating, which even though not without flaws, are nevertheless the only means by which we can at least make an attempt to provide proof.

There is another problem however. Any actual material evidence in the form of spaceships, alien artefacts, would never be disclosed, even if ever found.

No. The cataclysmic dent on human society would be far too damaging.

Can anyone imagine the repercussions if any Government agency issues an official statement to this effect ?

Our entire human belief system would collapse the moment we receive such confirmation. Biblical accounts or prophecies, predictions and those written in other Holy Books, scriptures, would be confirmed and there would be a total breakdown as people wake up to the realisation that there is actually no such 'divine' thing and that everything that people thought of as 'God' was actually just in fact a higher intelligence at a level that is incomprehensible even to the brightest human mind.

The picture will be chaotic, and the determining agencies worldwide deem it unneccessary to be responsible for this breakdown.

We don't have to waste time proving or disproving anything anything to anyone. It's all there for everyone to see and sadly, for the skeptics who don't believe in the superiority of these beings, it doesn't matter to us because you are not denying us anything. You are denying yourself.

But if all the evidence is not overwhelming, I have mused many a time to myself, what is it that these people believe in ? They don't believe in religion and divinity, that's for sure, which means they don't believe in miracles or divine intervention.

They don't believe in archeological findings and artifacts that have left experts dumbfounded and groping or fumbling for explanations.

They don't believe in many pilots' first hand encounters in witnessing crafts flying at speeds which no human made aircraft is possible of achieving (at least not in today's world ).

And last but not the least, I have my own experience with my family, but that is our experience only. I don't care about others' belief system or values, it doesn't matter to us.

Let life carry on. Bed-tea, breakfast, reading the paper, off to work, computer games, surfing, back home, supper, sleep. We all have to die in any case :)

Jung was right. 95% of humans think alike, with personal variations.

Anyway, almost every mystery must be solved eventually. It's just a matter of time, this way or that.

After all, today's technology was unfathomable just 10 years back. 10 years back, we never thought it possible we could ever achieve what we achieved and discovered today.

Most of us cannot even comprehend the technology that makes it possible for us to see and hear things from our laptop, forget anything higher.

But those that do, i'm sure they're the least bit bothered since they've designed things in a manner that makes our lives more comfortable.

That's just about it.

Most of us remain nerds, end users only, but that's cool. Nothing wrong with the demarcations, it's life at different levels and survival is of utmost importance.

But of-course, every mystery doesn't have to be solved. You can't explain how the chip works to just about anyone. It's a waste of time for a software engineer.

Ancient Aliens is extremely entertaining if nothing else, & I gotta say, without it, id be quite ignorant of all the different locations on this planet with such fascinating history & people. Also after some episodes its usually got me doing my own research on things id never hear of anywhere else. I'm a bit ashamed to say Ive watched every episode but like someone said in an earlier post, it's hard to stay away from shows with topics you're interested in.

Ancient Aliens is extremely entertaining if nothing else, & I gotta say, without it, id be quite ignorant of all the different locations on this planet with such fascinating history & people. Also after some episodes its usually got me doing my own research on things id never hear of anywhere else. I'm a bit ashamed to say Ive watched every episode but like someone said in an earlier post, it's hard to stay away from shows with topics you're interested in.

No reason to be ashamed Paranormali: many skeptics here have watched the same or similar shows and read books written by a Sitchin, Von Däniken, Cayce, Blavatsky, Velikovsky, Hancock, West, Charroux, Childress, and maybe I missed a couple. It only drove them to delve deeper into the subject and learn more than when they had not felt the need to delve deeper.

Many here have learned more that way than by their highschool education alone.

And I think that is one good thing these fringe writers caused us to do.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3

No reason to be ashamed Paranormali: many skeptics here have watched the same or similar shows and read books written by a Sitchin, Von Däniken, Cayce, Blavatsky, Velikovsky, Hancock, West, Charroux, Childress, and maybe I missed a couple. It only drove them to delve deeper into the subject and learn more than when they had not felt the need to delve deeper.

Many here have learned more that way than by their highschool education alone.

And I think that is one good thing these fringe writers caused us to do.

this is funny because as a kid i loved ancient alien and off world origin books, chariots of the gods etc.

but with a basic level of education i soon realised the *proofs* claimed by these people were so circumstancial it was just sad.

You must be lots younger than I am , lol.

I am from the pre-internet age.

• Like 1

You must be lots younger than I am , lol.

I am from the pre-internet age.

This^^.lol

<(looks at all his books that took AGES to find,now covered in SO much dust,and stops laughing)

Maybe I'll read today.lol

On Topic

What the hell happened to Giorgio Tsoukalos?I actually used to listen to some of his lectures years ago.(hangs head low)

tame.jpggiorgio-a-tsoukalos.jpg?w=300&h=262

WOW!As clear a case of alien interaction as I've ever seen.

On Topic

What the hell happened to Giorgio Tsoukalos?I actually used to listen to some of his lectures years ago.(hangs head low)

tame.jpggiorgio-a-tsoukalos.jpg?w=300&h=262

WOW!As clear a case of alien interaction as I've ever seen.

Maybe the Centauri (Babylon 5) came and reclaimed him??

Maybe the Centauri (Babylon 5) came and reclaimed him??

LoL.Yeah,but did they have to bring him back?

I can see it now.He started ranting to them about how there's an even more ancient race of aliens,Babylon 4?3?2?1?lol

They brought him back as a safety requirement for their species.hahaha

Errr..I jest rudely.Sorry Giorgio