Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The great big thread of Ancient crystal skulls

An old Native American legend tells of 13 crystal skulls thatwere said to contain information about the origins and Destiny of Humankind. The legend said that one day , at a time of great need, all the crystal skulls would be rediscovered and brought together to reveal their information vital to the future of humanity.

Does anyone else know anything else about these skulls please reply im interested.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjo Koolzooie

• Mr-X

• uranium101

• Cheeto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually did an english essay on crystal skulls!! I really did it on out of place artifacts but i included the crystal skull as one of the paragraphs.

if you want information on crystal skulls go to this site. it's the same site where i got my information for my essay.

http://www.v-j-enterprises.com/cs.html

Have a book, "Crystal Skull" by Richard Garvin, 1973.   The skull was said to have been in a vault in Mill Valley, California.   I was a graduate student in that area during the time it was there and one of those "kick yourself" moments because I wasn't "involved" in the mysteries such as this at the time!  It lay ther for six or so years right at my fingertips!  grrrrr....it was found in 1927 in Honduras by F.A. Mitchell-Hedges.

got any questions, ask and I will research the book for any answers...

-lori c.

I just went to your website and Shapiro refers to Garvin's book, so there you are then! -lori ;D

• 1 month later...

There have been a few civilizations throughout time to have crystal skulls.  The native American's aren't that much different from others, except for one.  There is one skull that kills people when they picks it up.  Does anyone know anything more about this one?  I saw something about this when I was younger, but now have no clue where to look.

I've recently read a story specifically on the mitchell-hedges skull. Seems there is a lot of controversy with regards to the actul spot it was found. None the less it does exist and is an unexplained artifact.

I found many sites of google with regards to them but this one was one of the better ones. Very detailed.

http://www.edgarcayce.com/cgi-bin/edgarcayce/crystalskulls.html

sorry wrong site... I'll try to find the one I had previously.

people,

his an interesting website about the crystal skulls.

www.crystalskullsociety.org

X

• 1 year later...

I know this probably doesn't go in this section, but what exactly is the legend of the 13 skulls? Because in the a to z index the page isn't there. So what is the legend? huh.gifdontgetit.gif

Angel_Gal,

The link to that article was fixed yesterday morning, the link in the A to Z will work now.

original.gif

Well it says "Despite efforts to combine 13 of these skulls in one place, no evidence of the knowledge said to be contained within them has ever been found. "

So I am guessing 13...?? Or maybe I am just reading it wrong. ph34r.gif

I regret that the amount of information in that particular article is very sparse, but as far as I am aware over 50 crystal skulls have been found in total. The 'Legend of the 13 Circles' refers to 13 of them, but which particular 13, or if those 13 have even all been found yet, remains a mystery.

Ohh right I get it now. No wonder nothings been found yet then! Could take some time.

Where are these skulls found then? Just buried around?? dontgetit.gif

Thank you for those links Althalus. original.gif

I will have a read through them now.

The crystal skulls of the Aztecs were first found when a young girl on an expedition to a lost city found a crystal skull in an ancient sacred building. She showed it to her father who later remarked that he had never seen anything so percular, later test couldn't discover how the skulls were made, it would take hundreds of thousands of years to create, it also had no tool marks on it which further baffled people, it was just so pefect, some people believe that they are the skulls of Gods(? grin2.gif ) Today there are 13 known AZTEC skulls (original ones) that are part of the real mystery, 90% of the rest that are found in other places have been proved to have been made with tools, some are even plastic (hoaxes). Today you can see skull #2 in the Smithsonian Institute. The young girl who found it first is now 97 and has it on display in here home for the public.

I have been fortunate enough to view this skull, it has a hypnotizing effect, if you want to see it go to England. It's really cool! cool.gif

were all of them found that way? we have 37 EXTRA CRYSTAL SKULLS. wait, i can subtract!!!!! grin2.gif i'm so happy...

I have been fortunate enough to view this skull, it has a hypnotizing effect, if you want to see it go to England. It's really cool! cool.gif

I am already there! whistling2.gif

• 1 month later...

It appears that many theories are running rampant regarding these supposed mysterious ancient objects. Some theories dictate that the crystal skulls are the computers of ancient civilizations which can provide helpful information to modern man, some people take it one step further and believe that the ancient civilizations that created these skulls were far more advanced than our current civilization, some believe that they were created with extraterrestrial influence, and others believe that it’s the (“stereotypical” hokey new age) theory of crystal healing for the mind, body, and spirit. Many skeptics seem to believe that most of these skulls are modern and were not created some 5000 – 36,000 years ago but as the string of articles indicates, testing of the crystal skulls proves to be a most difficult task. Are these things a hoax?

(I haven't posted a link on this site before so I hope this works...)

Strange Artifacts

As it is Anna Mitchell-Hedges that found the skull in the first place, as far as we know at any rate, the chances are that we will never know until she decides to come clean about what really happened back then, but she may be telling the truth about where she found it.