Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

University rejects homosexual employees

Persia

I'd agree with the "So What", on this. It is not like every Synogogue and Mosque hires Christians, Hindus and Atheists. This is basically a regligous institution, like a giant long term Sunday School. No one goes into a church and tells them who they must accept as Worshipers. These people just went the one step further and put their bias hiring on paper, probably due to problems in the past. If I ran a Christian College and had facilty sleeping around or drinking on campus, I'd be tempted to do the same thing.

Well, yeah so what... Darkmoonlady implied there couldn't be discrimination based on religion, I merely pointed out that yep, they are doing that. It was not my intent to make it a big deal or anything.

Religious institutions can pretty much do as they please. I'm not always thrilled with what they do, but I do wholeheartedly support their right to do so.

Like the drinking thing. I can totally understand them not wanting drinking on campus, and I applaud their ban on that. But I think it's unfair that a teacher can't have a glass of wine with dinner if a student happens to be in the building at the same time. But since they are a religious institution they have every right to request their employees behave within the institutions ethics. If I think it's fair or not is moot to how they run things.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadowhive

• DieChecker

• rashore

• sp840tril