Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO filmed at Colts Saints game Oct. 23

linttrap

Interesting. Object clearly moved behind church spires, so it can't be a nearby bird or insect reflecting ambient light. Very rapid speed seems to rule out an ordinary aircraft, fire balloons, or parachutists with flares. Probably not a meteor, either, because the path of the object is noticeably curved. This appears to be on a television broadcast, so it would seem the chance of computer graphic effects is very much reduced.

Object clearly moved behind church spires...

No it didn't. :lol:

It didn't clearly go behind the spires. It's so fast you can't tell, and seeing the slow motion with a frame showing the bug before it reached the spire, and after, made it seem as it did.

I use the word bug, because it totally looks like a bug flying in front of the camera to me. Seeing as we can't "clearly" even see if it went behind the church or not, I would put my bet on the mundane; multiple bugs flying by. :alien:

That, or a Reptilian flying party bus.

In case you are confused, if you look a the left lower corner of the video you can see people moving very quickly indicating that this video is a TIME-LAPSED video.

The object in the sky is an AIRPLANE.

Fact.

ROD = BUG

In case you are confused, if you look a the left lower corner of the video you can see people moving very quickly indicating that this video is a TIME-LAPSED video.

The object in the sky is an AIRPLANE.

Opinion.

Fixed that for you.

I once saw a show on Discovery that was looking into the "rod" phenomenon, and they noted the shapes, which were the same shape seen in the stills of this object. They then filmed bugs flying by, and saw the exact shape made when showing the still motion shots. Those bumps along the line were made by the wings of the bug moving up and down rapidly. Planes don't swing their wings, so you wouldn't see that shape made.

If it was time lapsed, I'd assume a bird could make that same shape, as they would be flying by same speed as a bug does normally, due to the sped up time lapse.

I can't really see the people walking by sped up, though. Where exactly to look, and at what time?

No such things as rods, they are simply a combo of optical and electromechanical effects in the camera, this is simply a bug combined with those effects under bright light. No ET's there.

Good eye, Joshsluss! People and/or cars flick by almost imperceptibly on the tree-lined street behind and to the left of the church, clearly much speeded up. This occurs at around 20 to 25 seconds into the video. This acceleration would have been enough to make the transit of a lighted plane look impossibly fast. Much easier to see this on the full-screen version, at YouTube.

Edited by bison

I see that aol.com has a fairly long article on this object, still treating it as a mystery. Coast to coast am featured still photos from this article and linked to it. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Edited by bison

They would have to over expose the film in order to get that great light effect. So it had to timelapsed to be so bright. Still tho... could have been a UFO in a time lapse. just sayin

Whatever it is, it appears in the video 3 times.

A plane? Flying like that and that low, above the city at night? Unlikely , at any speed.

A bird or bug? That was what I first thought, something creating the "rod" effect. It really looks like it. However, it does appear to be behind the building which would contradict that theory.

I dunno...

If you read the Huffington Post article, it really goes into depth on the pro/con arguments re this video. Interesting read...

As NBC's cameras returned from a commercial break and focused on the historic, triple-steepled St. Louis Cathedral in the city nicknamed the Big Easy, a couple of lit objects seemed to streak across the darkening sky -- and they've yet to be definitively identified.

Viewed in real-time, it's hard to see much more than something flashing across the screen. But a frame-by-frame scrutiny of the video reveals a rod-shaped object topped with brightly lit dots.

Skeptics maintain there's nothing extraordinary about all of this -- the objects, they say, are merely insects flying very close to the camera lens.

"I think these are insects that got caught in that interlaced video as they're flying through with a wing beat frequency, and the frames are being captured at a frequency... that causes that look," insisted Marc Dantonio, chief photo and video analyst for the Mutual UFO Network.

Dantonio owns FX Models -- a Connecticut company that creates special effects and models for the government. He's one of many investigators who insist that when an object -- moving very fast, like a flying insect -- gets close enough to a camera lens with a slow enough shutter speed, it produces an effect called motion blur, making the insect's wings appear elongated, or rod-shaped.

HuffPost

My money is on a bug ! a really kool bug though ! It was wearing a mask and was heard saying as it speed by the camera

"SMOKE-IN"

Edited by DONTEATUS

"We don't yet know exactly what they are, but I have footage of them entering and coming out of the ocean, in caves, shuttle footage of these things in space and even footage of them on Mars. This is a real phenomenon."

Anyone know where you can find that footage?

The golf video seemed pretty pointless, there are thousands of different flying insects. Not all of them are going to create a "rod" effect.

The golf video seemed pretty pointless, there are thousands of different flying insects. Not all of them are going to create a "rod" effect.

Any small creature with moving wings, right?

The way I understood it was they said there were three distinct things in the video, a bug, the rod and the ball. Hence they claim the rod couldn't be a bug because bugs look like the bug in their video. It seems pointless because a butterfly doesn't fly like a wasp.

Any small creature with moving wings, right?

And you explain it going behind the building how???

No it didn't. :lol:

It didn't clearly go behind the spires. It's so fast you can't tell, and seeing the slow motion with a frame showing the bug before it reached the spire, and after, made it seem as it did.

I use the word bug, because it totally looks like a bug flying in front of the camera to me. Seeing as we can't "clearly" even see if it went behind the church or not, I would put my bet on the mundane; multiple bugs flying by. :alien:

That, or a Reptilian flying party bus.

Post appears clearly showing that it goes behind the Spires.

Jerry: Yeah well it's a bug!

Jerry: Yeah well it's a bug!

It wasn't clear from the first video.

But we've moved on; some are swearing by it being a blimp around the net, but my new guess is

Jerry Only: Probably some birds.

But after seeing all the warring on YouTube comments over it, I just can't be arsed to care. Man, the way people fight on there is annoying.

Edited by Jerry Only

A new breed of neon birds?

The speed it moves & curve it takes isn't very...bird like is it? It seems controlled.

If anything I think it's likely to be a remote controlled plane. Although it looks like it moves way too fast...