Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

7th suspicious package found

glorybebe

A seventh suspicious package has been found at a Toronto costume store, capping a strange Halloween weekend in which the business had to be closed on two separate occasions because of unwelcome deliveries.

The latest package at the Amazing Party and Costume store, located off the Gardiner Expressway just west of Islington Avenue, was found Tuesday afternoon. Toronto police confirmed officers were on the scene investigating.

It is not immediately clear what the package is or when it was found.

The store was forced to close Tuesday after police discovered a suspicious package on Monday evening and two more on Tuesday morning.

si-200-costume-store-201111.jpgTwo fire trucks wait ouside the Amazing Party and Costume in Toronto. Natalie Kalata/CBCThe latest packages bring the total to seven, as three previous packages were found at the store over the Halloween weekend.

Investigators have confirmed that at least two packages contained "sophisticated" explosive devices — a mix of incendiary and explosive devices — that could cause death or serious damage.

linky

I don't see this as competitors trying to take them out. I could see this as someone who doesn't agree with the costumes and Halloween, but that is my opinion

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• Corp

• Paracelse

• _Only

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know Toronto was a "targetable" place for terrorists :P? Or was it someone scared of Halloween?

Seems like the work of crankheads.

I'm wondering if it was a religious group not wanting Halloween to be promoted.

Here in Calgary some schools banned scary costumes because immigrant children could be scared :rolleyes: No for real. I bet if I went to Zimbabwa I would be scared every single min but I would be ignored due to my fear as being labled as a zombie. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Here in Calgary some schools banned scary costumes because immigrant children could be scared :rolleyes: No for real. I bet if I went to Zimbabwa I would be scared every single min but I would be ignored due to my fear as being labled as a zombie. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

True. I don't understand the banning it from schools. The immigrants here love the idea and the kids have a blast dressing up to be something different for one night....and let's not forget the CANDY, who does't want candy!? LOL

Going by the actual news story it sounds more like this is mob related than any kind of religious angle. After all no other costume store in the city had this happen to them.

I'm wondering if it was a religious group not wanting Halloween to be promoted.

Not very a pious method for a religious group. It wouldn´t surprise me however. The hypocrisy of many religions can probably justify in their minds how placing an explosive device and probably killing people is OK......as long as it is anti-halloween/abortion/take your pick.

Has there ever been any anti-Halloween violence? Seems people are jumping to conclusions without any evidence. That because the store is Halloween related than it must be religious nuts doing it, even though the majority of religious people are just fine with Halloween and the news story mentioning that the store owner might have mob ties.

That is absolutely insane. WTF, over...I don't want to live on this planet any more...

yeah...where do they say that Silver? Checked a few news articles and it seems violent costumes were banned out of concern for all children. The only immigrant angle seems to be talk of limiting some activities in schools that have a large part of its population that doesn't do Halloween. Still silly but no where near as insane as banning costumes because immigrants might be scared.

Edited by Corp

Hmm, wouldn't say someone has it in for halloween so much as has it in for that store in particular by the way the article reads. Only three of the packages were found halloween weekend, that would imply the other four were before that.

Then again, costume store does not automatically equate to halloween either, except for ones that are only open for halloween season. I know of a couple costume stores that are open year round, and yep, they see their major sales at that time. But they sell year round for stuff like costume rentals for other holidays and occasions, accoutrements for reenactment folks, supplies for magician acts, supplies for local theater groups, independent and school based.

One time, I did modeling for one store for their rental books, and it was all showgirl and mardi gras costumes gearing up for the spring season. Fortunately I was too dinky for rabbit costumes so I didn't have to deal with those, lol. That shops other "big" seasons were easter, christmas, and st. patricks day.

As it seems that halloween scary in schools is kinda the way the thread is going.. I think, yes, schools should put a limit on scary and sexy costumes. Not because of any immigrant, misunderstanding, or religious issues. But because kids just shouldn't have to deal with that kind of crap.

Hmm, wouldn't say someone has it in for halloween so much as has it in for that store in particular by the way the article reads. Only three of the packages were found halloween weekend, that would imply the other four were before that.

Then again, costume store does not automatically equate to halloween either, except for ones that are only open for halloween season. I know of a couple costume stores that are open year round, and yep, they see their major sales at that time. But they sell year round for stuff like costume rentals for other holidays and occasions, accoutrements for reenactment folks, supplies for magician acts, supplies for local theater groups, independent and school based.

One time, I did modeling for one store for their rental books, and it was all showgirl and mardi gras costumes gearing up for the spring season. Fortunately I was too dinky for rabbit costumes so I didn't have to deal with those, lol. That shops other "big" seasons were easter, christmas, and st. patricks day.

As it seems that halloween scary in schools is kinda the way the thread is going.. I think, yes, schools should put a limit on scary and sexy costumes. Not because of any immigrant, misunderstanding, or religious issues. But because kids just shouldn't have to deal with that kind of crap.

I was looking at the movement of so many religious people calling for their congregations to give out bibles rather than candy on Halloween. You never know these days how some people see violence as being justified.

As to the costumes, sexy costumes should not be allowed in school, I had a long discussion with my daughter about that. And I guess the scariness of a costume is subjective. To me some kid dressed like dracula with a little red aroung his mought isn\t over board, but some might find it too much.