Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'TRAGIC MILESTONE' - 1000 US troops dead

Talon

Still, this would mean major combat really isn't over, now is it?

When major combat was declared over, it was meant to indicate that tanks and bombers would no longer be the primary weapon.

However, it seems this guerilla war is by far more “major” then the conventional war

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Talon

• joc

• Homer

Top Posters In This Topic

Joc stated that the two werent the same yet he couldnt back it up because henever experienced it, talon and lottie (who backs yourpoints occasionally) both backed me up and joc never replied again. I can only assume he realised he may have been wrong on this issue.

Below is the original quote from joc:

On one hand terrorism = terrorism no matter who the participants are or what their motives are. On the other hand the IRA did not have as an agenda, the total destruction and breakdown of the entire civilized world.

joc has a life apart from this forum and is quite busy therefore. I have also found it quite boring and unsatisfying to bicker back and forth when you obviously don't even take the time to digest or try to understand another persons point of view.

It might help if you actually read the posts others take the time to submit.

Please reread the above quote and tell me what part of it is incorrect. original.gif

Still, this would mean major combat really isn't over, now is it?

major combat is over,

ie Saddams armvy + US army = over

everyone knew it would move into guerilla involvement, i think the US administration had a little too much faith in the Iraqi people and hadn't considered the numbers of foreign fighters getting in...

that said, 1 year isn't really enough time to make judgement on how things are going, this is regime change after all...

babs im pretrty sure i have no idea what your on about, fluffy wasd telling ME and you to drop it, not just you, he was giving us both into trouble.

Joc, yeah the only difference was that the IRA wanted the complete destruction of the british state as a pose to the enitire world. much nicer. ive already answered that post joc.

anyway as more than just fluffy has gotten tired of our argument then im defo gonna make that the last post about that particulour subject.

i did try to move away from it by joining in with a post on-topic.

snuffy i think your right about foreign nationals being the main culprots of the guerrila style warfare although i do beleiev thgere are more than a few iraqis invovled.

we shoulda been prepared for that though surely.

We shoulda had tighter border controls in place to stop the obvious influx that was gonna happen , instead of charging straight to baghdad. i think that it musta been poor planning.

Although i dont think we expected turkey to refuse us the use of their border, that was a bit if a shock and i think it really hampered the original plan.

that said, 1 year isn't really enough time to make judgement on how things are going, this is regime change after all...

It's going badly mate. The American government have under estimated big time.

I think it's quite obvious people are still dying there every day. Lets just complain about how terrible the American Government is for the rest of our lives. Who here is actually going to do something about it? I've written letters, voted, voiced my opinion wherever I can. Short of going into the service (I'm just a little to old for that) or running for office what else can I do?

I guess the only thing left that I can do is let everyone rub my nose in it forever.

lol.

Michelle really people cancomplain about it for much longer than that.

You know maybe in 1945 we shoulda just forgotten about nazism because why rub the german's nose in it.

You cant just forget about mistakes that have been made just as ww2 and its cause must be remembered for ever so must this for very different reasons.

Oh boy, they can and will do it forever wun, I'm glad I'm not a vampire. devil.gif

And so they should.

why shouldnt they?

They believe it was wrong just as much as people beleived nazism was wrong in this country in 1939 and we still go on about it.

Do you think we should just forget about it?

Well, I try not to dwell on the past and try to look to the future for ways to impove it. thumbsup.gif

Yeah well we can only learn from mistakes we make.

IE: fascism was a mistake that we've moved on from , but we cannot forget it or it will happen again.

We cannot allow the same mistakes we made in the past happen again.

The only way we do this is by remmebering the past ALWAYS. its not dwelling theres a difference.

Thats what the likes of rememberance sunday is all about.

And so they should.

why shouldnt they?

They believe it was wrong just as much as people beleived nazism was wrong in this country in 1939 and we still go on about it.

Do you think we should just forget about it?

268811[/snapback]

Just what are we comparing to Nazism?

The terrorists running around in Iraq, or the U.S. who went to war over there? You can disagree with the war forever, but I hope nobody is comparing the U.S. to the Nazis. We aren’t the ones cutting people’s heads off, blowing up innocent people, assassinating public officials trying to rebuild and set a course for the country…etc etc.

The U.S. and our coalition allies are engaged in horrific guerilla war, fighting against those who should be compared to nazi’s.

Jesus

I am not comparing anything to nazism , iused it as an analaogy in no way comparing america to nazi germany.

I used it to show michelle that billions around the owrld think this war in Iraq was a huge mistake, that these billions of people believe as strongly as the billions around the world did against fascism 50 years ago.

HIstory will judge if it was the right or wrong decision ultimatley.

However if it does prove to be the wrong decision and until their is proof it was the right decision then these people must acrry on making their voice heard.

If it is proven to be the right decision then we must never forget it also as we have never forgotten that britain declaring war on nazi germany was the right decision

There were no comparisons between nazi germany and america.

Do you see what im gettin at homer??

Tell ya what wun, I'll meet you here, same time same place, five years from now. Then maybe we can ask some of the Iraqi people what they think of it? tongue.gif

oh im not arguing that gettin rid of saddam was a great and wonderful thing.

This just wasnt the right time or situation.

Do you see what im gettin at homer??

I see what you mean now, although I think it’s a terrible analogy.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with England declaring war on Germany. In fact, England and France should have engaged Germany sooner than they did, and history proves my statement is correct.

Years down the road, I don’t think there will be a major shift in peoples’ opinions about going to war. After all, the question about WMD’s has been answered, so even the possibility of Hussein using them isn’t an issue anymore; there will be no more mass graves that will be filled by the previous government, and the doors have been opened for the people to have freedom.

I think the only thing that may shift peoples’ opinions was the handling of the war. Although I am a supporter of the war, I know for absolute certainty that a lot of the problems we are facing is due to how we handled the occupation in the very beginning. The Iraqi people rejoiced when the statue of Hussein fell, and then we release the army and the police-who expressed a willingness to work with us establishing safety and security as the rebuilding and transformation gets underway. By doing that, you put people who are trained at using weapons in the unemployment line, where they have no job, no money and no respect. How should these people react? I’m not saying they should attack us, but we have to agree that our decision makers were idiots

the ananlogy was a bad one because i can concede that it waould have been easily mistaked for a direct somparison.

I agree with you post in the main however , Britain declaring war on germany was not my pont anyway i was using that an example of hindsight proving something right.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with England declaring war on Germany

Ahem... Britain lol.

Notjust england .

Edited by wunarmdscissor

Ahem... Britain lol.

Notjust england .

268912[/snapback]

Sorry about that.

I was never good at figuring what the real difference is between England, Britian and U.K.

Kira educated me about a year ago(or more), but my memory isn’t what it used to be.

lol thats fine.

I just metion it everytime. though.

England , wales , nothern ireland and scotland make up the United Kingdom. thumbsup.gif

The number of times I've had this discussion rolleyes.gif I take it US don't do Geography laugh.gif

268949[/snapback]

I thought that Scotland was in the middle of Scandanavia...

hmmm...that is the last time I pay attention to CNN maps.

laugh.gif

I thought that Scotland was in the middle of Scandanavia...

hmmm...that is the last time I pay attention to CNN maps.

laugh.gif

Sarcasm is cool cool.gif

Actually, I know where every country on earth is, and know about the various parts of the U.K. as well, but what I fail to grasp sometimes is the terminology involving regional borders.

Mind if I just refer to it as "over there"? I can't seem to keep my mind wrapped around that. tongue.gif

Its not hard , its only 4 seperrate nations .

I could have a pretty good try at naming all the states of America lol.