Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

George Not Best Says UK

Talon

I wouldn't say we are " world police "  more like "baby sitters" for all the friggin babies!!!!

If you want to ge all high and mighty about it let em remind you....

The US is only 250 years old and the rest of the World along with the British Empire did fine thankyou very much before your country was ever created. If it wasn't for the rest of the world your country would not exist the way it does. So less of the big boy attitude.

260472[/snapback]

When you put it that way...yeah, I gotta agree with you, Lottie. original.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• bathory

• Talon

• Velikovsky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The obvious question remains, during the Bush administration, what are some examples of the U.S. sticking their noses in others' business?

South America

South America 2

South America 3

Africa

Africa 2

Foreign Treaties

I could find more but I'm tired of playing search for articles. If you'd like more I could find some more for you tomorrow. grin2.gif

Bathory I can only assume you would sell chemical weapons supplies to Iran. Since you obviously have no problem selling supplies to Iraq.

Whatever the supplies were used for, you don't sell them to a country known to use chemical weapons.

If i find somebody who was in prison for shooting somebody I'm not going to give them a gun. It's the same situation with the US allowing sales of supplies that could be used for chemical weapons.

The US is only 250 years old and the rest of the World along with the British Empire did fine thankyou very much before your country was ever created. If it wasn't for the rest of the world your country would not exist the way it does. So less of the big boy attitude.

Lottie the US has had the high and mighty attitude since WW2 That and our grand and glorious fight against communism. WE did save the world didn't you know. laugh.gif

I could find more but I'm tired of playing search for articles. If you'd like more I could find some more for you tomorrow. grin2.gif

260765[/snapback]

Thank you Velikovsky, these are the types of examples I was looking for thumbsup.gif

Bathory I can only assume you would sell chemical weapons supplies to Iran. Since you obviously have no problem selling supplies to Iraq.

i can't really answer it because where does one draw the line?

Would i be in the wrong if i sold Salt and Water to Iran? because you can make chlorine from salt water:)

regarding those 'foreign policy' things, the africa ones look like people complaining the US isn't stick its nose in enough? or should the US pull out its billions in aid? what i'm seeing is less "US interfering with other countries" and more "Countries engaging the US and either getting a deal worse than they wanted or not get as much as they wanted"

Lottie the US has had the high and mighty attitude since WW2 That and our grand and glorious fight against communism. WE did save the world didn't you know.

I'm assuming from the smilie, your being sarcastic, but in case your not tongue.gif :

Actually it was those communists who fought and destoryed the majority of the German divisions, and they reached Berlin before we did. And I seem to remember America waiting 2 years before saying 'Oh, lets do the right thing and go save the world!' ... oh no, wait, they were attacked first. So only Britain, France, Canada, New Zealand and Australia actually declared war in the after math of Hitler invading Poland... so in fact they were the bravest of the lot... particularly considerig they were completely unprepared for a war. huh.gif

Lets face, America was a super power and changed the tide in the west, however it wasn't for the USSR destroying so many of his units, these would have been sent to Britain and Africa and wiped out the British Empire. Because it didn't though, The British Empire held out for and only because it did could the US get a foothood in Africa or Europe to begin with.

It was joint victory, lets not hear any of this America saved the world on its own nonsense from anybody, because it simply isn't true.

Now, I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic, but history lesson for those you were mocking who has that mentality. thumbsup.gif

WELL??

Now that youve been given a few instances what is your opinoin then homer?

264750[/snapback]

wunarmdscissor,

Regarding whether the U.S. sticks it's nose in other's business, I was never a part of that debate, nor will I be.

I was requesting examples because when someone makes a blatant statement like "Considering the American government likes sticking their nose into everyone's business, I think that it does matter what other countries think of your president", it should be included with examples. This does not mean I wish to entertain this debate.

I was requesting examples because when someone makes a blatant statement like "Considering the American government likes sticking their nose into everyone's business, I think that it does matter what other countries think of your president", it should be included with examples. This does not mean I wish to entertain this debate.

Dude you don't need examples, the list of fascist dictatorship the CIA has helped into power because their seen as a lesser evil that the Democractic left-of-centre government they overthrew, its so huge everyone can name at least half a dozen of them off by heart.

Dude you don't need examples, the list of fascist dictatorship the CIA has helped into power because their seen as a lesser evil that the Democractic left-of-centre government they overthrew, its so huge everyone can name at least half a dozen of them off by heart.

That is just the kind of easy answer/non-answer that should be avoided. When making comments/allegations, specific examples should be provided, that is all I'm saying. Velikovsky provided some earlier, so this specific conversation should be concluded.

Edited by Homer

Out of the examples I found the only one I had a real problem with is the forced anti-abortion rule. The US has legal abortion so why is the government forcing other countries to make abortion illegal. Just a double standard I have a problem with.

Talon of course I was being sarcastic. I've always wondered if the US involvement in WW2 wasnt' more to stop the spread of the USSR than to actually stop the Nazi's . The US had too many Nazi supporters at the time. Plus the US was running experiments pre-war with nazi germany off the coast of California. Then you've got the US saving Nazi scientists from war crime prosecution. On top of all that there were US companies selling supplies to the nazis during the war and there were never any prosecutions. I think FDR wanted to stop the Nazi's but was blocked until Japan attacked. Then he had the excuse he needed.

Bathory you're right on that one. Where do you draw the line? Out of the sells made to Saddam the only ones that should really be questioned are the helicopters and similar items that we knew were going into the military. For the chemical supplies without a list of what was being sold and where it was going it's hard to say. Bad decisions I think but not criminal.

That is just the kind of easy answer/non-answer that should be avoided. When making comments/allegations, specific examples should be provided, that is all I'm saying. Velikovsky provided some earlier, so this specific conversation should be concluded.

Well you'll find my answers used to be long, complete and with sources up until only a days ago. However, they were alway skipped in favour a ' rolleyes.gif ' as a reply from my supports. So why bother going over it again, when everyone knows very well the CIA supported fascist parties during the Cold War.

Out of the sells made to Saddam the only ones that should really be questioned are the helicopters and similar items that we knew were going into the military.

the problem is that the helicopters sold were for civilian use, Saddam had weapons systems retrofitted. I just saying that yes the US did support Saddam, but they were too trusting of him.

the thing that scares me the most is not that the US backed saddam in the early 80s, but that france as continued to back Saddam up ubtil the iraq war..

Like they always say follow the money and who stands to profit.

You'll see a lot of suspicious activity that way.