Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Andy Rooney Dead at 92

Biff Wellington

NEW YORK — Andy Rooney so dreaded the day he had to end his signature "60 Minutes" commentaries about life's large and small absurdities that he kept going until he was 92 years old.

Even then, he said he wasn't retiring. Writers never retire. But his life after the end of "A Few Minutes With Andy Rooney" was short: He died Friday night, according to CBS, only a month after delivering his 1,097th and final televised commentary.

Rooney had gone to the hospital for an undisclosed surgery, but major complications developed and he never recovered...

link

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Biff Wellington

• The Silver Thong

• Princess Serenity

• questionmark

I'll miss the guy and will never forget his keynote speech for the 50th anniversary of Stars and Stripes in Griesheim, Germany... Never saw so many consternated turkeys in one room...

Rest in peace, Mr. Andy Rooney. :(

He was great as far as expressing his opinion. Most now are told there opinion.

The only thing I really know Andy Rooney from is 60 Minutes. I always loved his part. He lived a good long life though.

RIP Andy. I will miss him. He did so many great commentaries over the years. Always said what he thought. Not too many like him around anymore.

I always liked what Andy Rooney had to say. He knew how to use slight humor and sarcasm very tastefully. RIP