Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Voronezh Incident - Russia 1989

zoser

Take the comment in context; compare to the technology demonstrated to us by how these things fly for example makes mankind look as though it is has just emerged from the stone age; Russia, US or otherwise. It's not political it's just a fact.

You did a lousy job of proving that nothing is impossible to me.

Great, if it is a fact, you can then confirm to me that some UFO's are actually ET craft and we can shut down this section of the forum.

Good God you have no idea do you, stone age? You really ought to familiarise yourself with history.

And you specifically singled out Russia. That's pretty ignorant as well.

You do realise that outrageous maneuvers will kill an alien pilot just as quickly as a human one? Have a think about that.

Even though this is not a Youtube link, I dare you click on it and read where we were at with regards to interstellar travel over 50 years ago. - LINK

Take note of the dates, performance and the objectives.

If you think otherwise then how come this superbly advanced race of ours has never got further than our local moon? Think about it before you worship the technological wonders of our time.

Telling me to think is something I find highly ironic coming from you. Did you think before making the above ridiculous statement? And what planet do these supposed Alien visitors come from? If their craft are from space, they must travel space, so I take it you can show me some RADAR records of UFO's that have left or entered our atmosphere and offered a direction such as the WOW! signal did?

Good God man. We have probes entering the interstellar medium. Never got past the moon did we? Click the below and be amazed.

Voyager Probes - LINK

Cassini - Link

Curiosity - Link

Galileo - Link

I know it's a little grainy, but no more so than UFO pictures so you should have no problem with that, this is the surface of Pluto.

Pluto_map.jpg

Edited by psyche101

That's what they look like; as people that have seen them at distance or close up. You need to read some testimonies dear chap.

Actually, based upon that comment, it appears you need to actually read the testimonies you hang your hat on.

They do not look like that at all. They tend to look like this:

hung2.jpg

In other words, crap.

They appear to be inspired by things more like this:

Saucer.jpg

Which it bear a closer resemblance to - a wedding cake.

Wedding_Cake_infront_house_highrL.jpg

and or

browndisc.jpg

Actually, based upon that comment, it appears you need to actually read the testimonies you hang your hat on.

They do not look like that at all. They tend to look like this:

hung2.jpg

In other words, crap.

They appear to be inspired by things more like this:

Saucer.jpg

Which it bear a closer resemblance to - a wedding cake.

Wedding_Cake_infront_house_highrL.jpg

and or

browndisc.jpg

It's good that you have been doing some research there Mr Psyche. Keep up the good work.

Good God man. We have probes entering the interstellar medium. Never got past the moon did we? Click the below and be amazed.

I know it's a little grainy, but no more so than UFO pictures so you should have no problem with that, this is the surface of Pluto.

What and you are impressed with that? :whistle:

Good luck mate; getting excited by more balls of rock and space dust isn't my thing I'm afraid.

The human race's achievements over the last 50 years have been slow and pathetic, and are showing definite signs of total arrestation as far as I can see. Over the last 10 years we have seen nothing new that we didn't see in the last 20 years. Maybe we see it in more detail now. Big deal.

Good luck mate; getting excited by more balls of rock and space dust isn't my thing I'm afraid.

The human race's achievements over the last 50 years have been slow and pathetic, and are showing definite signs of total arrestation as far as I can see. Over the last 10 years we have seen nothing new that we didn't see in the last 20 years. Maybe we see it in more detail now. Big deal.

Um... from the New Posts section, right now.. Scientists Discover A Massive Exoplanet

That makes, what, thousands that have been discovered in the last 10 years or so. We've seen nothing new?

• Like 1

Um... from the New Posts section, right now.. Scientists Discover A Massive Exoplanet

That makes, what, thousands that have been discovered in the last 10 years or so. We've seen nothing new?

Lets be absolutely clear. They have seen nothing but stars wobble and that indicates the existence of planets. I have seen lots of artists impressions but little else. Sorry but my sense of fascination lies elsewhere.

BTW looks like a misdentification to me; probably just dust or swamp space gas.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Lets be absolutely clear. They have seen nothing but stars wobble and that indicates the existence of planets. I have seen lots of artists impressions but little else. Sorry but my sense of fascination lies elsewhere.

So rather than denying that we have discovered anything new in the last 20 years, your argument now is that you're just not interested?

So rather than denying that we have discovered anything new in the last 20 years, your argument now is that you're just not interested?

Neither. The argument is about the significance. They discover what appears to be the Higgs Bosun. Whoopy doo. So we are all totally liberated now are we?

Is that the energy crisis solved? I think not. So tens of billions of dollars and 30 years later we may yet discover another sub-atomic particle. Great.

A tiny speck of dust in space supposedly a new planet. Well it might be it might not. I'll leave you to prove that.

The point is I'm not about to fall off my chair while the human race goes around in ever decreasing circles thinking that it is making huge strides forward.

Let me remind you that these star systems are hundreds of light years away or more and we still (humans) have not even got beyond the moon.

You go out on to the street and celebrate these 'earth shattering discoveries if you wish'. Put your coat on first because it's cold outside,

Please don't try and pick flies; you know exactly what I am getting at.

PS if you find orthodox science so riveting then why are you all here? :blush:

I admit that the human race has got it's head stuck up it's rear orifice; you guys don't seem to know where you stand.

Edited by zoser

Neither. The argument is about the significance. They discover what appears to be the Higgs Bosun. Whoopy doo. So we are all totally liberated now are we?

By all means of respect, but your ignorance of science and the progress it has made is astounding. The discovery of the electron in 1897 must be insignificant as well then, I presume. If so, I suggest you put your computer that you are typing your posts on back in the box and give it back, because it is discoveries like that which has enabled the technological level we are currently enjoying.

Is that the energy crisis solved? I think not. So tens of billions of dollars and 30 years later we may yet discover another sub-atomic particle. Great.

What did you expect? Science is a long, hard, arduous process. Nothing happens over night. And the discovery of the Higgs Boson may in the future lead to new knowledge of gravity and how it works. Could even help us make more efficient propulsion systems.

Regarding energy crisis, we are much, much more energy efficient compared to 30 years ago thanks to science. We are just many more people needing energy, but 30 years in the future we should be even more energy efficient. For instance, looking at fusion which could solve a lot of our energy problems if we could figure out the materials science to contain it. The knowledge of the actual process has been known for many years.

A tiny speck of dust in space supposedly a new planet. Well it might be it might not. I'll leave you to prove that.

I think we will leave that to the scientists to prove, but I think it is pretty obvious why the scientists are correct in this matter.

The point is I'm not about to fall off my chair while the human race goes around in ever decreasing circles thinking that it is making huge strides forward.

If you think that the human race is going around in ever decreasing circles, I suddenly understand your posts a lot better - or, rather, the lack of sense behind them.

Let me remind you that these star systems are hundreds of light years away or more and we still (humans) have not even got beyond the moon.

So? Just because you can see a mountain far away and have no means of getting there doesn't mean that you can't observe it.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

You go out on to the street and celebrate these 'earth shattering discoveries if you wish'. Put your coat on first because it's cold outside,

Please don't try and pick flies; you know exactly what I am getting at.

PS if you find orthodox science so riveting then why are you all here? :blush:

I admit that the human race has got it's head stuck up it's rear orifice; you guys don't seem to know where you stand.

i DO FIND IT SLIGHTLY PUZZLING, i must admit, (caps lock), that you're very interested in the idea that Extraterrestrials might be visiting Earth, would that be fair to say?, but you don't seem to be interested in actual endeavours to find planets that might potentially be home to extraterrestrial life; the thing that might one day confirm the idea that there are Extraterrestials at least. Surely this would go a long way to silencing the Skeptics and confirming that you were right all along? :blush:

• Like 2

I suggest you put your computer that you are typing your posts on back in the box and give it back, because it is discoveries like that which has enabled the technological level we are currently enjoying.

Cheers,

Badeskov

You mean this technology that is 30 years old? It used to be letter writing, window shopping and encyclopedias. Now it's email, ebay and Google.

It's useful, but never is it going to allow human's to reach for the stars. The human race is stuck in an almighty rut the serious of which few appreciate or comprehend.

All that is left to us is to do things quicker. That's it. Then consider the drawbacks of this expediency. They are manifold.

i DO FIND IT SLIGHTLY PUZZLING, i must admit, (caps lock), that you're very interested in the idea that Extraterrestrials might be visiting Earth, would that be fair to say?, but you don't seem to be interested in actual endeavours to find planets that might potentially be home to extraterrestrial life; the thing that might one day confirm the idea that there are Extraterrestials at least. Surely this would go a long way to silencing the Skeptics and confirming that you were right all along? :blush:

I wouldn't for one minute assume that they are coming from planets. Look; a hundred years ago people philosophised that other planet's existed. It didn't need a degree to make such an assertion. Now they have found a few dozen? Woo. What did we expect? Are we surprised? I'm not.

It makes not a jot of difference to the ETH if indeed one has a real interest in the matter.

Edited by zoser

I wouldn't for one minute assume that they are coming from planets. Look; a hundred years ago people philosophised that other planet's existed. It didn't need a degree to make such an assertion. Now they have found a few dozen? Woo. What did we expect? Are we surprised? I'm not.

It makes not a jot of difference to the ETH if indeed one has a real interest in the matter.

Well, yes it would. ETH denotes Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis. It would, I'd have thought, make a whole load of jots of difference if it was confirmed that worlds capable of hosting intelligent Life were to exist.

What you seem to be talking about is some form of extra dimensional hypothesis (EDH?), which I agree is an interesting line of speculation; so you feel that UFOs are more likely to originate from some form of other Dimensions, then?

Well, yes it would. ETH denotes Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis. It would, I'd have thought, make a whole load of jots of difference if it was confirmed that worlds capable of hosting intelligent Life were to exist.

What you seem to be talking about is some form of extra dimensional hypothesis (EDH?), which I agree is an interesting line of speculation; so you feel that UFOs are more likely to originate from some form of other Dimensions, then?

I honestly don't know whether they originate from planets, other dimensions, other times........the options are many. If you were to ask me today how many planets exist out there I would say billions. If you asked me the same question 40 years ago I would have given the same answer.

So how is one expected to react to science's latest amazing discoveries? The answer is there is nothing new.

You mean this technology that is 30 years old?

I didn't make any references to any specific technology - you mentioned the 30 years. Computer technology is ~80 years old.

It used to be letter writing, window shopping and encyclopedias. Now it's email, ebay and Google.

It's called progress.

It's useful, but never is it going to allow human's to reach for the stars. The human race is stuck in an almighty rut the serious of which few appreciate or comprehend.

All that is left to us is to do things quicker. That's it. Then consider the drawbacks of this expediency. They are manifold.

Again, by all means of respect, but you are making it clearer and clearer how little of science you actually comprehend. Those computers that you are not very impressed by are the same technology is is used to aid in the development of materials, propulsion systems and other systems enabling traveling to the stars. If humankind at some point figures out how to get around Einsten's E=mc2, it is most likely a computer that enabled that.

Seriously Zoser?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

are the same technology is is used to aid in the development of materials, propulsion systems and other systems enabling traveling to the stars.

Badeskov

OK but I'm not going to pack my interstellar suitcase just yet. :blush:

If there is a multiverse, parralel universes, then anything is possible, though only if it is possible to move between them. I certainly believe universe is teeming with life, but do not believe ET has visited us from any other solar system. About some form of life from another universe, then there is more possibility of belief

We can never be sure especially since its been so many years and some of the testimony came from children (not saying they lie but some children do tend to embellish or exaggerate their stories sometimes) but then again the universe is so huge it would be impossible for there to be only one planet of intelligent life out there. The question is whether or not there are any aliens advanced enough to create technology able to reach us from such far distances and yet not be detected by the public eye

OK but I'm not going to pack my interstellar suitcase just yet. :blush:

Funny, because from the way you've been talking in this thread I'd assume that you not only packed it but were already off on a very long trip of sorts.

• Like 2

Funny, because from the way you've been talking in this thread I'd assume that you not only packed it but were already off on a very long trip of sorts.

Indeed!

That said, Happy Thanksgiving for those of you in the US celebrating...

turkey%20Thanksgiving%20turkey%20Above%20the%20Law.jpg

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Indeed!

That said, Happy Thanksgiving for those of you in the US celebrating...

turkey%20Thanksgiving%20turkey%20Above%20the%20Law.jpg

Cheers,

Badeskov

Cheers Bade, Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

Cheers Bade, Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

Thanks BooNy!

Cheers,

Badeskov

Indeed, only a fool would not be. They are amazing accomplishments. In fact, amazing falls short as a description.

Luck?

Have you noticed that we are currently mapping Mars?

Where do you think any sort of alien might come from? That's a very blinkered view, and shows that all you are interested in is listening to stories that say what you want, Which is why I left the TT thread. I see no reason to hear you say the same thing about hundreds of different instances. In fact, I am amazed Boon has hung out this long.

LINK - Astronomers find new planet capable of supporting life

LINK - 'Super-Earth' alien planet may be capable of supporting life

Link - Europa Capable of Supporting Life, Scientist Says

LINK - 100 Year Starship Study

So when you said to Chrlz that "you were in good company with people of a quirky nature that study the night sky" I take it you were lying. As you do not study the night sky at all, you study Youtube and then make your own picture of the night sky. Just be honest for once.

That is a highly ignorant statement to make.

What the hell are you expecting? Did you know it took 15 years to get the Hubble up there? What you are expecting certainly sounds unreasonable. Particularly from one who has not the slightest inkling as to what our Space programs are currently accomplishing. Shame MID is not in this thread to give you the sound thrashing you sorely deserve for such an inane comment.

As far as you see is right. It's not on Youtube with a "UFO Testimony" so it would not even pass by your attention. I take it you expect mankind to be at some level you have imagined based on flying saucer stories. You know, with this sort of arrogance for the space program, it is absolutely no wonder whatsoever that most people view anyone with an interest in UAP with a tin foil hat on. The view that man had achieved nothing in 10 or 20 years is what I would regard as "slow and pathetic".

• Like 2

BTW looks like a misdentification to me; probably just dust or swamp space gas.

Yes lets be absolutely clear.

LINK - First Direct Photo of Alien Planet Finally Confirmed

Not sure how you find it hard to make out, you seem to spend an awful lot of time seeing "things" In grainy photos.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

Yes lets be absolutely clear.

LINK - First Direct Photo of Alien Planet Finally Confirmed

Not sure how you find it hard to make out, you seem to spend an awful lot of time seeing "things" In grainy photos.

I don't know about anybody else (well, I can guess), but I find that such discoveries are outright incredible and the testament to the scientists working with such.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3