Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA Astronaut Confirms Apollo UFO Incident 2

Homan34

Look out psyche101 the russians are coming,the russians are falling ! Get your tele out and watch the show ! :innocent:

I am half Russin by lineage. Can I just drink a bottle of Vodka and fall down?

I am half Russin by lineage. Can I just drink a bottle of Vodka and fall down?

Well then I`ll bring the Gin due to Im German and some other mix ! prob,Limey ! Hince the gin and Lime-ie .

We shall gaze at the Russian probe as it re-enters the eaths thick soup,and flames into a Hydrizine Ball of Fire !

justDONTEATUS :tu:

Indeed, Big D. Lots of stuff out there, natural and manmade,... maybe even ET? Im going to wait for better evidence than something in space reflecting light though.

That's right, you and Debunker can just wait in the lobby, pretending that you're looking for "evidence" and Exhibit A at the concession stand--or something.

That's right, you and Debunker can just wait in the lobby, pretending that you're looking for "evidence" and Exhibit A at the concession stand--or something.

What!!??

I have been looking all my life for something that would tell me that we are indeed being visited (like in close encounter of the 3d kind), LOVED IT. Many years later, and having looked at ALL the famous cases, and pretty much all the new ones, I have seen NOTHING that points to ET only.

The difference between you and me is that I have a higher bar of what constituted credible evidence.

All you need is watching Seven Greers disclosure project on youtube, or, reading

Stanton Friedmans book about Roswell. :lol:

Edited by DBunker

All you need is watching Seven Greers disclosure project on youtube, or, reading

A lot more than that, some of which I have "shared" here at UM.

A lot more than that, some of which I have "shared" here at UM.

Yes, we have all seen (and disected) those examples/cases a thousand times.

For most of us that needs to be 100% sure that this is real its obviously not good enough, not even close.

If it flys like a flying saucer,and It looks like a flying saucer,If it crashes like a flying saucer,then it must be a DUCK !

But If somone eles see`s one and says they saw one then they dont know what they saw.

This seems to be the way we look at most all the eye witness reports .

If I was on my way to the Moon one day in the merry month of may,I would be in such auh and excitement that I would never sleep or stop looking out those windows. If I saw something odd,and reported it and my two other crew mates didnt concur on the sighting I might move on to the next task of the hour.

Apollo Astronauts will Always be Number One on my Hero List !

Believe and see what we can Do !

You're right, I don't give a rat's ass about the S4B or the panels, which were at least 7,000 miles away.

Not possible, McG.

Where'd you come up with that number?

To be an SLA Panel, it would have to be much closer than 50-100 miles. About 13 miles actually.

Why's that lost?

That's correct. Therefore SLA Panels are the 'new' explaination.

No, not new.

TYhat explanation was proposed in 1969, and it has never been refuted.

No, not new.

TYhat explanation was proposed in 1969, and it has never been refuted.

As someone else here said, it's a 'force fit' explaination that doesn't work. To fit the description of being near the resolution limit of the eye, an SLA Panel would have to have been ~13 miles from LM. I've always maintained that there is no way an SLA panel ever got that close to the LM near the time of the sighting.

As someone else here said, it's a 'force fit' explaination that doesn't work. To fit the description of being near the resolution limit of the eye, an SLA Panel would have to have been ~13 miles from LM. I've always maintained that there is no way an SLA panel ever got that close to the LM near the time of the sighting.

Are you sure that it would have to be that close? Reflected light can be visible from a great distance, especially in the blackness of space. Is it not possible that the reflected light caught their attention and then they saw more details by looking through the sextant @ 28x magnification as indicated by mcrom's earlier link?

Are you sure that it would have to be that close? Reflected light can be visible from a great distance, especially in the blackness of space. Is it not possible that the reflected light caught their attention and then they saw more details by looking through the sextant @ 28x magnification as indicated by mcrom's earlier link?

If I may interject

the problem LS pointed out with that is the original observation was made by eye

"Aldrin: The first unusual thing that we saw I guess was one day out or something pretty close to the moon. It had a sizable dimension to it, so we put the monocular on it.

Buzz also says:

"Of course, we were seeing all sorts of little objects going by at the various dumps and then we happened to see this one brighter object going by. We couldn't think of anything else it could be other than the S-IVB. We looked at it through the monocular and it seemed to have a bit of an L shape to it."

and he then says:

"We thought it could have been a panel, but it didn't appear to have that shape (an 'open book') at all."

Which does not match what he said earlier at all. I think Buzz is a little confused here, and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. My suspicion is that we must have miscalculated the distances, and the panel was either closer than thought, or your suggestion of an iridium flare situation.

Edited by psyche101

They saw it first with the naked eye and then looked at in the Sextant. They said it was right at or near the resolution limit of the eye when they noticed it. Ok. so that is about 60 arc seconds. An SLA panel is a bit less than 22 ft at it's longest so let's just say 22 ft. So at 22 ft to be 6o arc seconds it would have to be 14.32 miles distant.

Where it further away it wouldn't fit the description, as it would be too small to resolve with the eye and would look like a 'flashing' star which isn't what they described.

Fair enough, I really haven't devoted much research at all to this one and the thought occurred to me to ask.

It is still interesting that he changed his mind on the description. I do wonder if the distances are merely grossly underestimated.

Not possible, McG.

Where'd you come up with that number?

That's what Buzz Adrin and the others said--it was about 6,000 nautical miles behind them.

That's so far off-base with me that it means you have not really paid attention to anything I've ever said.

It is still interesting that he changed his mind on the description. I do wonder if the distances are merely grossly underestimated.

It may not be possible at this point to know one way or the other. Like so many other supposedly monumental UFO sightings from antiquity, this one is likely to never be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Tis the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

That's what Buzz Adrin and the others said--it was about 6,000 nautical miles behind them.

No, that was the SIV-B, McG.

The 4 panels traveled outbound with them, as they were separated from the SIV-B prior to the SIV-B's manever.

They traveled with an outward velocity estimated to be between 10-15 FPS. They had been doing so for ~ 53 hours +/-.

That means somewhere in the 300-400 mile range.

This thing most assuredly was a highly reflective SLA panel, ~ 15 feet by 30 feet or so, white on one side, silver on the other. It ooked like a rhytmically flashing star in the distance, which is perfectly logical.

There's no real mystery about this, save this:

What is the point of the discussion about it?

What else would it possibly have been?

Edited by MID

...What is the point of the discussion about it?

What else would it possibly have been?

Psst...I suspect some people were hoping it might have been ET. I wish it was, but I'm convinced it was the SLA panel.

Psst...I suspect some people were hoping it might have been ET. I wish it was, but I'm convinced it was the SLA panel.

Pssst....Yea, I know, Lil. ;)

I was just hoping to get through the rather silly argument that's developing about something old and fleshed out before, and get to the point . We are in the UFO thread.

I'd rather hear people attempt to prove that this big, spinning hunk of metal was ET!

i'M EVIL THAT WAY, YA KNOW!!! :rofl: