Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCain predicts rise of third political party

questionmark

(Reuters) - Senator John McCain predicted on Tuesday a third political party will emerge in response to Americans' economic frustrations and said it might as well be called "the Fed-Up Party."

The Republican Party's presidential nominee in 2008 raised the possibility of a third party about a year ago, but his comments on Tuesday suggest he has hardened his views as polls show Americans increasingly disillusioned with Washington politics.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Hmmm... would exchanging the politicians in the existing party not be a little easier? And might I suggest that the fossils retire for starters?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninjadude

• questionmark

• Wickian

• lightly

Hmmm... would exchanging the politicians in the existing party not be a little easier? And might I suggest that the fossils retire for starters?

The fossils definitely need to retire. We need term limits in our Congressional branch. The question is, how do you pass a law limiting the careers of the law makers?

Yeah, that's what American government needs, a third party to add to the back and forth arguing over issues, and pigeon holing. Need one party.

Unless it's a genuine third party that becomes popular and not just a Republicans/Democrats changing names, I'll pass on calling it a third party.

The fossils definitely need to retire. We need term limits in our Congressional branch. The question is, how do you pass a law limiting the careers of the law makers?

Could we do it by petition?

And here I was thinking that term limits are already in the US Constitution. Members of the House serve a 2 year term, Senators serve a 6 year term. Then we have the option of re-electing them or not. Just because the voters keep re-electing them doesn't mean we need to limit the number of times they can be re-elected. What if one of them is doing a great job for the American people?

BTW I'm against the 22nd Amendment also.

Because like ANYTHING McCain has predicted actually happened?!! LOL :rolleyes:

In related news:

BOSTON, Nov. 13 (UPI) -- A grassroots group says it will use the Internet to allow U.S. voters to help it select a third-party candidate for the 2012 presidential election.

Americans Elect says its goal is to quickly qualify a candidate for the ballot in all 50 states.

Read more

There are already a great many other political parties. "Americans Elect", so far, is nothing more than that. Not a third party that can challenge Republicans and Democrats. So his "prediction" is still specious.