Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Brain Knows a Lot

Persia

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StarMountainKid

• _Only

• Persia

• Trog

When I smoked, I often noticed a lit cigarette in my hand without the awareness that I reached into the pack, took a sig out and lit it. This may be a little different than what the article is saying.

But oftentimes I'd be driving late at night and I'd go for miles without being aware of my actually driving the car. Then again, sometimes I pass up my own driveway and have to turn around and go back. What's that?

Maxwell said “something within him made the discoveries” , I think it was without , not within .... I think there's a force circulating around all of us that we can tap into for greater knowledge , or inspiration .... Flashes of inspiration , it's a psychic thing that some people are born with .

When I smoked, I often noticed a lit cigarette in my hand without the awareness that I reached into the pack, took a sig out and lit it. This may be a little different than what the article is saying.

But oftentimes I'd be driving late at night and I'd go for miles without being aware of my actually driving the car. Then again, sometimes I pass up my own driveway and have to turn around and go back. What's that?

It's called alzheimers or what we call earlyheimers if you think you're to young for it. :lol:

I've done that too. Get lost in thought, and come back to reality, realizing I've been driving for awhile, including stopping/waiting/continuing at traffic lights and stop signs, etc.

Wonder if it's so much my unconscious brain taking over all of that, or I was consciously doing some of it, just not remembering, due to going back to being in deep thought.

Or maybe that's why all those police cars were chasing me.. :P

Edited by Jerry Only

Day dreaming

Or as Yoda said;" This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph."

:w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

I used to get that sometimes when driving home from my old job after a late shift (2-3am). I'd suddenly get a slight shock and realise I'd driven for miles with no memory of it at all :o

Yes, if we watch all of our actions in a day that are not consciously intended, our conscious mind has little to do except day-dream.

It must be pretty boring being a mind. I mean, it just goes along for the ride, mainly. All it can really do is try to please itself, and that usually consists of stirring up trouble for other minds. Pathetic, isn't it.

It must be pretty boring being a mind. I mean, it just goes along for the ride, mainly. All it can really do is try to please itself, and that usually consists of stirring up trouble for other minds. Pathetic, isn't it.

I don't know, it seems pretty interesting, at least not pathetic. :lol: Can't really figure out exactly why it does what it does yet scientifically. Stay tuned.