Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Einstein's Laws Prove Ghosts Exist?

Still Waters

There is no evidence supporting the existence of the soul.

For whatever reason, people have conjoined the term energy with concepts like souls and chi, prana, kundalini, and spirit. Metaphysical "energy", by this interpretation, is NOT the same as the term energy in the physics sense. Therefore, whatever you want to call your life-force doesn't apply to the physical laws of energy.

Ok so what would your theory be like on subject of what are ghosts and souls? And with no science it can't be explained that way i don't know what Einstein was thinking but it clearly didn't bring him anywhere. Some things for now can't be explained we still need to research more and more science before we would be even able to start.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShadowofaDoubt

• JesseCuster

• coldethyl

• FlyingAngel

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

“You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.” :tu:

Edited by shadowofadoubt

Anyway, when people talk about ghosts being "energy", it's not energy in the physics sense, so it doesn't apply to Einstein's theories or physics at all. It's an arbitrary, undefined, made up property of something that has no known definable characteristics.

It may as well be called spaghetti sauce.

Oh, great. Now we bring the Flying Spaghetti Monster into it. *grumble* ... some people ... ;)

There is no evidence supporting the existence of the soul.

This is true. The existence of a soul is purely a matter of faith and depends on the belief set to which one subscribes. I happen to believe in it but that is completely separate from scientific enquiry.

For whatever reason, people have conjoined the term energy with concepts like souls and chi, prana, kundalini, and spirit. Metaphysical "energy", by this interpretation, is NOT the same as the term energy in the physics sense. Therefore, whatever you want to call your life-force doesn't apply to the physical laws of energy.

Again true. I also don't believe they are directly measurable by any sensor like EMF meters et al. The various TV shows like Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Investigation are cool entertainment but they are trying to use science (or pseudoscience) to explain something that can't be quantifiable.

Yeah really, I was like wtf is that?!

The answer was even better.

I think he was just trying to use all the letters on the keyboard or something...

I somewhat believe in Ghosts, but this sounds like a misunderstanding of the nature of energy...

Yes.... Things like emotional energy are not really energy they are states of mind.

The author I admit has poorly assumed facts which I believe if your going to write an article about something so debated as life after death, first you should know the right facts. Firstly, throwing out the infamous "E" word has always been the vague point to this discussion, you can throw the "E Bomb" out at people and expect them to understand what kind it is, or if they just think 'energy' is some kind of electricity or light source...

We should specify the factors, not only what kind of energies are apparent and their functions but think of the effects these energies have on space/time, yes, this is not pseudoscience this is Einstein's math at work. He was just unable to measure the second part of the equation which is the speed of light moving through space on a subatomic level (did not have the technology). The Theory of Relativity, Yes everyone has it going through their head, especially when you do look at the facts known to everyone here about other dimensions, intermingling within our 'dimensional wavelength', which is more properly understood as "speed".

Let me add to this theory further before I let the real physics students have a crack at it;

Our understanding of time/space revolves around the mathematical formula Einstein discovered before the physical realization of subatomic particles. This was only recently determined by colliding matter together with technology we only now have. Understanding the relevance of sustained energy within 'subatomic space' is the key point to this debate. Now remember the fact that light or Photons move the fastest in 'relative space' because there are forces in space such as celestial gravity and other light or Photons which cause friction on the mass of the atomic particle. Now looking deeper into this side of time & space we will have to understand the working system of the atomic cell... oh wait, we already know that, so all we have to understand is that the electrons and protons moving within the atomic particle are moving null too the speed of light. This means that sub-atomic space/time is both influenced and created by relative space/time through what is poorly understood energy transfer physics.

Why this debate is still raging on is because we have the knowledge and were still looking around grasping for the details, the oddities of space which once understood could help us understand the creation of space/time which is also our perception of reality. This is the separation factor, this is what combines all this meta-physical and paranormal "BS" scientists deem as "impossible" (except big-foot, the greys, etc. these different cases).

I must add a final point before I have the dogs set on this post;

All energies move at different speeds, this creates 'wave-lengths' which could be understood as 'structure'. All living and non-living things have this 'structure of wave-lengths' which can most likely be roughly equated mathematically though mass and composition, heat which could come from a star or friction, friction being vibration or movement, vibrations being sound and movement being kinetic (sound creates kinetic energy also). This structure is better fitted with the "ghost" model with radiation.

I am finishing this with Radiation as it connects to the subatomic level believing to "die" or cease to exist in the form it had once existed which is understood as being absorbed and/or changed by the matter around it. Now, most never knew about this next fact, but at the birth of the universe there was believed to be more Radiation than mass, and through time mass was created. This is a mathematical equation known to physics scientists studying the birth of everything. So lets entertain the thought that souls, spirits, ghosts, whatever you call them are a type of radiation... such as Electromagnetic Radiation.

Oh, this is getting entertaining! Real Science explaining the mundane paranormal... who would have ever thought... other than myself, ha, I'll let everyone have at her, hope it opens up some notebooks so both believers and skeptics get to KNOWING... not wondering...

G3N0M3

PS - I should mention that I only tried putting the information there for you to put together for yourselves, you can study each subject and properly understand the entire issue for yourself or take what I wrote for face value.

Edited by G3N0M3

We should specify the factors, not only what kind of energies are apparent and their functions but think of the effects these energies have on space/time, yes, this is not pseudoscience this is Einstein's math at work. He was just unable to measure the second part of the equation which is the speed of light moving through space on a subatomic level (did not have the technology).
Actually, the speed of light was known to a reasonable degree of accuracy before Einstein formulated the Special Theory of Relativity.

The famous Michelson-Morley experiment in the 19th century was intended to measure the speed of the Earth moving through the "ether", a concept invented to provide some sort of field for light to propagate through. You can read the details of the experiment at Wikipedia. The upshot of the experiment was that light apparently has the very strange property of appearing to always travel at the exact same velocity, regardless of the motion of the person measuring light. If a cop with a radar gun is travelling at 60mph, following a car also going 60mph, his radar gun will register that the car ahead has a velocity of 0, even thought it's actually moving at 60mph, because it's not moving relative to the cop car. Light however, does not show this change in measured velocity according to the motion of the person measuring its speed.

It was the fact that the speed of light was accurately known enough to show this odd property that lead Einstein to run with the idea and see where it lead, and the result was the Special Theory of Relativity.

Our understanding of time/space revolves around the mathematical formula Einstein discovered before the physical realization of subatomic particles. This was only recently determined by colliding matter together with technology we only now have.
The physical reality of subatomic particles has been known about for much longer than "only recently". Back in the 1920s, during the heyday of early quantum physics, plenty of subatomic particles had been proven to exist in laboratory experiments.
Now remember the fact that light or Photons move the fastest in 'relative space' because there are forces in space such as celestial gravity and other light or Photons which cause friction on the mass of the atomic particle.
I am not a scientist, but that sounds totally and utterly wrong. There is no such thing as "celestial" gravity. There's just gravity caused by mass. I don't know what at all you mean by "other light of photons which cause friction on the mass of the atomic principle". We're talking about photons, which have no rest mass. Friction is a concept which is totally unrelated to photons travelling through space.

And what is "relative space"?

Now looking deeper into this side of time & space we will have to understand the working system of the atomic cell...
What is an atomic "cell"?
All energies move at different speeds, this creates 'wave-lengths' which could be understood as 'structure'.
Nope. This is confused and utterly wrong. All electromagnetic radiation travels at the same speed, c, aka the speed of light, yet wavelengths range from radio waves that have wavelengths measured in meters to gamma radiation that can have wavelength measured in picometers (1 millionth of a millionth of a meter). Wavelength has nothing to do with "structure".
So lets entertain the thought that souls, spirits, ghosts, whatever you call them are a type of radiation... such as Electromagnetic Radiation.
If ghosts are a type of electromagnetic radiation then they are travelling through the universe at 300,000km/s. So they're way out there in outer space where we can't measure them.
PS - I should mention that I only tried putting the information there for you to put together for yourselves, you can study each subject and properly understand the entire issue for yourself or take what I wrote for face value.

I for one, recommending not taking this post at face value, as I am no scientist, yet knowledgable enough to recognise a bunch of pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo cobbled together by throwing scientific sounding, but incoherent, ideas together, into a confused muddle. Edited by Archimedes

Yes.... Things like emotional energy are not really energy they are states of mind.

I had to clear this up also, because this is quite wrong...

Both thought and emotions are energy. Both being chemically created through ENERGY TRANSFER everything in our body is derived from proteins and the reactions they create to make different proteins. This create many kind of energy such energy is rolled up into one term "Emotional Energy" your not going to say that someones adrenal levels are increasing and their heart rate is rising and that their histamines and other glands are releasing proteins, your going to say that someone is angry...

Also, for example, you had just walked into a room where there just recently was a heated argument, maybe even a fight. Without anyone else in the room but you, you can feel the tense air, you can smell and feel the responses of the fight through the release of "Emotional Energy". This is not paranormal, this is physical. The adrenalin and other glands that are released throughout your blood secrete out through your body into the surroundings, much like the study of pheromones.

Both thought and emotions are energy. Both being chemically created through ENERGY TRANSFER everything in our body is derived from proteins and the reactions they create to make different proteins. This create many kind of energy such energy is rolled up into one term "Emotional Energy" your not going to say that someones adrenal levels are increasing and their heart rate is rising and that their histamines and other glands are releasing proteins, your going to say that someone is angry...

Therefore they aren't energy, they are the result. Energy is the ability for a system to do work.

To say that the soul does not survive the body is ignorant, to say that some form of energy does not survive is worst,

Having never seen a ghost myself i cannot say they are there, but i know it's possible and probably is real, i'm a reincarnation beleiver, to beleive in reincarnation you have to beleive that some form of residue (i dont like this word) survive, like Crhistians beleive they will come back on judgement day so they must beleive something survive to death....Ghost perhaps....

Therefore they aren't energy, they are the result. Energy is the ability for a system to do work.

That doesn't refute his point, though. Just semantics.

To say that the soul does not survive the body is ignorant, to say that some form of energy does not survive is worst,

To call the soul "some form of energy" is ignorant.

To call the soul "some form of energy" is ignorant.

It's like, we thought it, and you said it.

Also, for example, you had just walked into a room where there just recently was a heated argument, maybe even a fight. Without anyone else in the room but you, you can feel the tense air, you can smell and feel the responses of the fight through the release of "Emotional Energy". This is not paranormal, this is physical. The adrenalin and other glands that are released throughout your blood secrete out through your body into the surroundings, much like the study of pheromones.

I'm not going to disagree with you.... I can see how all that might be true. But be careful when makeing statements like that. There may be no evidence at all to support that humans can sense those things in the air by the methods you are describing. I used to think humans were perceptive to each others pharamones too, until Somone pointed out there has been lots of studies on it, and there is not much support.

• 5 weeks later...

there are undetect[ed] energy = dark matter

Correction. Dark matter is not necessarily undetectable.
to say that if one dies turn into dark matter is nothing wrong
How do you know it isn't wrong?

@ Rlyeh, not just "some for of energy" I refer to it as an "intelligent energy"

I don't think energy means what you think it means.