Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

B.C. driver who killed 4-year-old

glorybebe

The drunk driver who ran over and killed a young girl three years ago is asking B.C.'s highest court to give her another chance.

Carol Berner was sentenced to two and a-half years in prison in November 2010 after she was convicted of the impaired driving death of Alexa Middelaer, aged 4, in May 2008 and the serious injury of the little girl’s aunt. The two had been standing by a roadside when Berner’s vehicle plowed into them....

The court in the original trial found that Berner had been drinking and was travelling at more than 90 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.

My link

I can't believe the callousness this woman is showing. If I killed anyone,never mind a beautiful little child, I would be an emotional and mental mess. Thsi woman is complaining about how she was treated at the scene and about her sentence? REALLY? 2 1/2 years is an insult to the parents. Thsi woman should be thrown in jail and left there to rot IMO

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• rashore

• Verneph

• SCHMITTHEAD

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about that, how can you complain after killing a 4yr OLD, stick her in jail and leave her there. and forget.

I heard about that, how can you complain after killing a 4yr OLD, stick her in jail and leave her there. and forget.

Exactly! I hope this thing backfires on her and she gets the sentencing she should have gotten to begin with.

So you got drunk and ran over a 4 year-old girl, and you only got 2 and 1/2 years...and your appealing!?

You should count yourself lucky they didn't throw the book at you, and then soundly beat you to death with said book. You know what? It was an accident, and I get that, but you're the one who got drunk and you're the one who drove while impaired. That little girls blood is on your hands.

I don't know about Canadian law... I'm guessing everyone sentenced has the right to appeal?

Even so, she killed someone with her car, and hospitalized another.. And fully confessed to doing so. Not sure what there is to appeal there. The woman should just serve her time and be heartily grateful that she didn't get a worse sentence for what she did.

she should hang her head is shame and take her punishment. what is 2 and a half years compared to a lifetime lost?

correct me if I'm wrong but if she had pulled the same crap here in the states wouldn't her sentence have been in decades rather then a few years?

correct me if I'm wrong but if she had pulled the same crap here in the states wouldn't her sentence have been in decades rather then a few years?

All I know is that we need to get our laws tougher up here and to not listen to bleeing hearts who feel bad for criminals. They should know there are consequences to your actions. The punishment should fit the crime.

And this crime is a major one. She needs to realize that she took a life, not do the poor me act and see only what she is losing.

• 2 weeks later...

She should feel lucky for only gettings 2.5 years, atleast she will be able to enjoy the rest of her life after she gets out, unlike the little girl she killed.