Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skyrim General Info

booNyzarC

So I picked this game up last night and I must say it's pretty fun. Anyone else playing?

I thought it might be cool to have a thread dedicated to questions and answers.

Right now I'm looking for information about houses available in Skyrim. I haven't played very far into it, but so far I've only found one house for sale; in Whiterun for 5,000. Have any of you found other houses and how much do they cost?

Cheers.

I think this is going to be a new favourite thread for me soon. I bought Skyrim two days ago and cannot wait to get right into it (good bye social life, hello RPG-land). I played through some of the introduction, and with the exception of a few awesome explosions sounded fairly similar to Oblivion (I'm still waiting to see how the Followers dynamics work). But I'm a fan and I cannot wait to get into it properly (I've been steering clear of going all in because of a holiday I'll be on next week - I want to enjoy the holiday, not spend it wishing I was back at home playing the game, haha).

Interesting to see how the game pans out :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure about other houses just yet. Maybe you need to impress the Jarls of the other cities to be able to buy in them? I like Whiterun, but it isn't my favourite place so I'm hoping it isn't the only area you can have a house.

The game is amazing. I haven't played Morrowind, which I hear it's more alike to than Oblivion, but I loved Oblivion and I think I'm going to enjoy this just as much. I'm disappointed you don't have as much freedom in making your character, but it's hardly something to complain about!

What races do you plan to play as? And although the class system isn't as structured or set in stone as Oblivion, what is your playing style going to be? =]

I've been playing it quite abit, its a good change from Battlefield 3 and MW3. I usually play shooters but I also like Fallout/Skyrim style games once I get into them. I like the leveling up screen with the stars in Skyrim, I think thats pretty cool and I actually like not having to pick as much as in Oblivion. It would take me ages before in deciding who/what to go.

I decided to go an Argonian again focusing on sneak and pickpocket skills as well as illusion. I mainly want the assassins blade skill and invisibility, so I can sneak up and backstab. Right now though I sneak around with a mace/dagger and mainly a calm spell. It's pretty cool.

*Oh and I called my character 'Zlip', So I can give them the slip if I get caught trying to sneak around. He is Argonian so has trouble pronouncing the S. ^_^

Edited by Kazahel

level 31 Woodelf archer, 100 smithing with full dragon scale armow, finished main story in process of starting Dark Brother hood. Much better game than oblivion how ever since im ons ps3 im struck with the FPS issues which seem to happen once your save files becomes larger than 8mb.

Right now I'm looking for information about houses available in Skyrim. I haven't played very far into it, but so far I've only found one house for sale; in Whiterun for 5,000. Have any of you found other houses and how much do they cost?

It seems like there is a house in each hold for sale. Generally it seems like you need to impress/serve

the Jarl in each instance. Currently I'm using the one in Windhelm. The original cost was 12,000. It's

awesome; almost the whole upstairs is almost nothing but display cases, weapon racks, and mannequins :P

My character is a Lv 33 Nord, Assassin-type. Whole sneak skill tree is maxed and am wearing the

Ancient Dark Brotherhood Armor. Who here doesn't love that throat-slitting animation?

I haven't completed the main story (or pretty much any story line other than the Dark Brotherhood).

I just keep getting distracted by hunting deer, catching butterflies, and randomly assassinating

guards to worry about this dragon business. :lol:

Thanks for the many responses. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. Speaking of which, I'm going to go play now! :)

houses available in Skyrim as taken from official game guide.

Proudspire manor in Solitude (haafingar hold)

Cost of home - 25,000 gold

Cost of home with all upgrades - 36,000 gold

Breezehome in Whiterun (whiterun hold)

Cost of home - 5000

Cost of home with all upgrades - 6250 gold

Honeyside in Riften (The Rift)

Cost of home - 8000 gold

cost of home with all upgrades - 12,200 gold

Hjerim in Windhelm (Eastmarch)

Cost of home - 12,000 gold

Cost of home with all upgrades - 21,000 gold

Vlindrel Hall in Markath - (The reach)

cost of home - 8000 gold

Cost of home with all upgrades - 12,200 gold

Upgrades include Alchemy stations, enchanters stations, Better furniture, armor mannequins, weapon mounts and Armory. Some houses also come with gardens or porches. All info taken from my official game guide.

houses available in Skyrim as taken from official game guide.

Proudspire manor in Solitude (haafingar hold)

Cost of home - 25,000 gold

Cost of home with all upgrades - 36,000 gold

Breezehome in Whiterun (whiterun hold)

Cost of home - 5000

Cost of home with all upgrades - 6250 gold

Honeyside in Riften (The Rift)

Cost of home - 8000 gold

cost of home with all upgrades - 12,200 gold

Hjerim in Windhelm (Eastmarch)

Cost of home - 12,000 gold

Cost of home with all upgrades - 21,000 gold

Vlindrel Hall in Markath - (The reach)

cost of home - 8000 gold

Cost of home with all upgrades - 12,200 gold

Upgrades include Alchemy stations, enchanters stations, Better furniture, armor mannequins, weapon mounts and Armory. Some houses also come with gardens or porches. All info taken from my official game guide.

Ah, thank you for that! I knew I should have bought that guide with the game. I have two of them already, but nice to know I can get more. Funny, my first was in Whiterun and second was in Solitude. At least now I know the rest will be cheaper than Solitude!

I've got a question: is there any way to disable the "favourites" thing? Where you can keybind spells.

I use a Razer Naga and 1-8 are unavailable due to this. :(

Not sure, I haven't been focusing on spells at all.

I've got a question: is there any way to disable the "favourites" thing? Where you can keybind spells.

I use a Razer Naga and 1-8 are unavailable due to this. :(

from what ive seen favorites isent removable im afraid :(, also the guide is awesome lots of info in it and it came with a huge map with every location listed and number easy reference ^^ is awesome ^^

Dragon Data

All dragons are as follows if using Fire attacks the Dragon will be 50% resistant to Fire Attacks, but will be 25% weakened to frost attacks. Similarly Frost dragons are 50% Resistant to frost but 25% weakened to Fire. I will be Adding Shout information at a later date if people are interested

* Is Average Bite Damage

RED = Fire Spells

BLUE = Frost Spells

GREY = Push Spells

Dragon - Brown, Fire or Frost and Bite(*37dam avg) - Lvl 10 - Health 905

Spells :- Fire Breath Shout, Fire Ball Shout or Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout

Blood Dragon - Green (go figure), Fire or Frost and Bite (*75dam avg) - Lvl 20 - Health 1421

Spells :- Fire Breath Shout, Fire Ball Shout and Unrelenting force shout or Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout

*note* Frost Blood Dragons Will not use Unrelenting Force Shout

Frost Dragon - White , Frost and Bite (*150 dam avg)- Lvl 30 - Health 1860

Spells :- Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout and Unrelenting Force Shout

Elder Dragon - Bronze , Fire or Frost and Bite (*225 dam avg) - Lvl 40 - Health 2255

Spells :- Fire Breath Shout, Fire Ball Shout and Unrelenting force shout or Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout and Unrelenting force shout

Ancient Dragon - Red/Black , Fire or Frost and Bite (300 dam Avg) - Lvl 50 - Health 3071

Spells :-Fire Breath Shout, Fire Ball Shout and Unrelenting force shout or Frost Breath Shout, Ice Storm Shout and Unrelenting force shout

Alduin - I have Choose not to add Alduins Stats Yet since i dont want to reveal to much

Edited by Vaise

i am currently level 50 and leveling has became a pain now lol

I'm only level 21 and it is a pain for me. I haven't been playing as much though and that might be part of it. Hopefully I'll have some time over the holiday to play.

Is there a level cap by the way?

Edit:

This says cap is 50 but the "mathematical" cap is somewhere in the 70s? Eh?

Edited by booNyzarC

I just couldn't get into this game, or Oblivion. The third person view is absolutely horrible and the combat is really shoddy. It's almost like Bethesda has never heard of hit boxes, or collision detection.

I do all my combat in 1st person, in fact I rarely use the 3rd person view for anything but riding my horse or checking out my gear. B)

Right now I'm a level 26 woodelf and the head of the theives guild. Still haven't fought a dragon. As soon as I was able, I wandered around. I'm assuming I haven't run into one since I haven't worked on the main quest. There is just so much to do in the game, it's a bit overwhelming, but I'm loving it!

Dragon Shouts(th'um) are comprised of 3 "words of power" learning a word unlocks each rank of a particular shout, each shout has 3 ranks. Shouts can be gathered in any order. Some will be earned from quests others will be found around the land of skyrim. I will not be listing how to get each shout, just a general description of each shout. Next batch of info, will be Vampirism and Lycanthropy :gun:

1. Animal Allegiance (Raan - Mir - Tah)

A shout for help from the beasts of the wild, who will come and fight in your defense.

2. Aura Whisper (Lass - Yah - Nir)

Your voice is not a shout but a whisper, revealing the life forces of any and all.

3. Become Ethereal (Feim - Zii - Gron)

The Th'um reach's out to the void, changing your form to one that cannot harm or be harmed

4. Call Dragon (Od - Ah - Viing)

Ohdaviing!Hear my vice and come forth, i Summon you in my time of need!

5. Call of Valor (Hun - Kaal - Zoor)

The valiant of Sovengarde hear your voice, and journey beyond space and time to lend there aid

6. Clear Skies (Lok - Vah - Koor)

SKyrim itself yeild before the th'um as you clear away fog and poison gas traps

7. Disarm (Zun - Haal - Viik)

Shout defies steel,as you rip the weapon from an opponents grip.

8.Dismaying Shout (Faas - Ru - Maar)

And the weak shall fear the Th'um and flee in terror!

9. Dragonrend (Joor - Zah - Frul)

Your voice lashs out at a dragons very soul, forcing it to land.

10. Elemental Fury (Su - Grah - Dun)

The Th'um imbues your arms with the speed of wind, allowing faster weapon strikes.

11. Fire Breath (Yol - Toor - Shul)

Inhale air,Exhale flame, and behold Th'um as Inferno!

12. Frost Breath (Fo - Krah - Diin)

Your breath is winter, Your th'um is blizzard.

13. Ice Form (Liz - Slen - Nus)

Your Th'Um freezes an opponent solid.

14. Kyne's Peace (Kaan - Drem - Ov)

The voice soothes wild beasts, who lose there desire to fight.

15. Marked for death (Krii - lun - Aus)

Speak, and let your voice herald doom, as an opponents armor and life force are weakened.

16. Slow Time (Tiid - Klo - Ul)

Shout at time, and command it to obey as the world around you stands still.

17. Storm Call (Strun - Bah - Qo)

A shout to the skies, a cry to the clouds, That awakens the destructive force of skyrims storms!

18. Throw Voice (Zul - Mey - Gut)

The th'um is heard, but the source in unknown, fooling those into seeking it out.

19. Unrelenting Force (Fus - Ro - Dah) <- as seen in gameplay trailer :w00t:

Your voice is raw power,pushing aside anything or anyone who stands in your path.

20. Whirlwind Sprint (Wuld - Nah - Kest)

The th'um rushes forward, Carrying you in its wake, with the speed of the tempest.

Well after 106 hours game time, ive finished every thing and im 98% done on the trophies front too, just gotta read 4 Skill books, darn things are getting elusive. Im in the process of writing up my next character plant now :-)

I just couldn't get into this game, or Oblivion. The third person view is absolutely horrible and the combat is really shoddy. It's almost like Bethesda has never heard of hit boxes, or collision detection.

Why would you choose to use the third person view? It has (and probably will) remain a pointless

feature in Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Personally I'm enraptured in the world and found

the combat to be surprisingly deep compared to the last few Elder Scrolls, but to each

his/her own.

Trying out a new character now: I call it my Khajit "Spell-Shield". Focusing

in Destruction (Shock), Conjuration (Necromancy), Heavy Armor, and Blocking.

Basically I run around with a shield in the left hand and a spell in the other.

I shield-bash the opponent when they get too close and continue the onslaught of electricity

while they are stunned. Then I cast raise dead on them and take out the rest of their friends

in the same manner. It's functioning surprisingly well. ^_^