Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skyrim General Info

booNyzarC

P.Android is kind of right, i did everything that was doable, only thing i had left was the random generated quests, but since there infinite they get boring very fast, i had my platinum and got almost all my skills too 100, so i just stopped playing, then i traded it in for saints row 3, kinda wish i kept hold of it, going to be buying it again next week :-)

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy can only be contracted as part of the ritual that occurs during the Companions quest line. Below i will list the advantages and disadvantages of being a werewolf in Skyrim.

Powers

Beast Form.

When you become a werewolf, you acquire a new power known as beast form. This allows you to transform into a werewolf once per day (twice if Ring of Hircine is worn) you will remain a werewolf for 2.5minutes real time. You can extend your time as a werewolf by approaching a corpse and activating Feed. Feed will restore 50 points of Health and extend your werewolf form my 30 seconds.

Advantages of beast form:

Maximum Health increased by 100

Maximum Stamina increased by 100

faster Sprint speed (faster than horses)

Wolves treat you as an ally

Any crimes committed as werewolf, do not count t your human self except one (transformation)

Disadvantages of beast form:

Health does not regenerate

You cannot Loot, use items including Keys(thus can prevent progress in dungeons)

Cannot use weapons armor, magics or shouts.

Your large hulking frame may not be able to pass through small openings.

You are unable to have any conversations.

Citizens of skyrim are petrified of you and will flee or attack you on sight.

If anyone sees you transform your human self will have a bounty.

Other Perks of Lycanthropy are as follows

Increased melee damage based on level

base damage - 20

Level 11 - 15 = +5

Level 16 - 20 = +15

Level 21 - 25 = +25

Level 26 - 30 = +30

Level 31 - 35 = +35

Level 36 - 40 = +40

Level 41 - 45 = +50

Level 46 - 50 = +60

Immunity to diesease

As with vampirism you are completely immune to diseases and any diseases you where afflicted with when becoming a werewolf will be removed.

Increased Dexterity

In beast form you can sprint on all fours, this not only increases your speed but allows you to jump further than normal.

Restless blood

Your blood will never rest, due to this you will no longer gain the rested bonus for sleeping

Additional Powers of the Werewolf

When in beast form you can call upon a special set of werewolf powers known as Howls. These can be used as often as you like whilst in beast form. Your default howl causes fear into the hearts of men. You can find totems that will allow you to change your howl, whilst you can change your howl as many times as you like, only one howl can be selected at one time.

Howl of Rage - Fear Grips nearby foes up to lvl 25 lasts 30 seconds

Scent of blood - Detect life in a large radius last 60 seconds, obtained from Totem of the hunt

Howl of the pack - Summons 2 Wolves to fight by your side, obtained from Totem of Brotherhood

Below i will discuss curing Lycanthropy, This could include a potential spoiler so beware

Curing Lycanthropy

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: ONCE YOUR CURED YOU MAY NEVER BECOME A WEREWOLF AGAIN!

Becoming a vampire is one way, reveal spoiler tag to see the other way.

at the end of the companions quest line a radiant quest will become available called Purity. Those who wish to cure them selves must go and Slay a Glenmoril witch and take her head, as you did with the fallen companion leader, take it into the depths of the tomb of Ysgramor and toss it into the flame at the end of the tomb, fight the released wolf spirit and win, then you are cured of your lycanthropy.

Edited by Vaise

Crafting

This post will contain Some crating information, there is lot of information that can be shared on this topic, so as with vampires, wolfs and diseases i will probably split them into different posts. This post will be about Mining locations.

Mining

Throughout the land of skyrim, there are many mineral deposits some rich and some poor, finding these deposits and smelting the ore can lead to some great pieces of equipment or even profit! Always remember to keep a pick axe handy, for every vein you mine you also have a 10% chance of mining a rare gemstone, mines tend to replenish after 30 days. I will now list a table, it will be Ore Distribution. This table will tell you what ore exists and how many mines hold the ore.

Ore Distribution

(Ore name - Amount of mines - Locations)

Iron - 5 - Iron Breaker Mine(dawnstar)/Left Hand Mine(Markath)/Redbelly Mine(Shor's Stone)/Rockwallow Mine(stonehills)/ Whistling Mine(Whitehold)

Orichalcum - 3 - Dushnik Mine(Dushnik yal)/Bilegulch Mine(falkreath hold)/Mor Khazgur(West of solitude)

Silver - 3 - Cidna Mine(Markath)/ Fenns gulch mine(Karthwasten)/Sanuarach mine(Karthwasten)

Corundum - 1 - Golden Rock Mine(Darkwater Crossing)

Ebony - 1 - Gloombound Mine(South of Windhelm)

Gold - 1 - Kolskeggr Mine (east of markath)

Moonstone - 1 - Soljunds sinkhole (south east of markath)

Malachite - 1 - Steamscorch Mine (Kynesgrove)

Quicksilver - 1 - Quicksilver Mine(Dawnstar)

i will attach an image of the full map of Skyrim, Using the colours from above i will circle the mine for each ore.

293ugio.jpg

I got attacked by an elder dragon in the middle of the Sheogorath quest, so I did the only thing I could:

I punched it in the nose.

As it turns out, doesn't works as well on dragons as it does on sharks.

Just a lil note,

Any further posts from myself will be delayed, im currently invested in a MMO atm ^^

Finally got to play a little the other day. I hate messing around with The Elder Scrolls. I just want to go in-depth with it sooooooooooooo bad.

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late to this game but seriously hooked.

This made me lol

Haha, Dot. That's an awesome video. So true....

I got hooked into Skyrim for some time, but then somewhere along my quest I lost Lydia. I've been trying to get up the interest to get a new follower or two but it's taking me a while to get the energy to do that, especially since I'm halfway through a quest and have to finish it before I can go off and find someone (no, I refuse to abandon the quest midway through) :P

Pretty funny video, since i got my platinum i never bothered to replay the game, shame really cause Oblivion held me much longer

I have all but one achievement which I can't get due to a glitch, unless I start another playthrough. Such a big game to start over for one Achievement but it would be the first game I'd fully plat :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late to this game but seriously hooked.

This made me lol

Haven't been back in a while. It's nice to see my favorite seanchan. How are you beautiful Tuon?

Someone here thought the game level cap was 50, but mine is 54 and still going. He's an argonian jack of all trades werewolf. Too bad the wolf form looks the same regardless of your starting race. Would have been nice if an argonian wolf looked different from a human wolf. Can't have everything.

The Soft cap is 50, the hard cap i believes is nearer 80 :-)

Haven't been back in a while. It's nice to see my favorite seanchan. How are you beautiful Tuon?

Reading this made me smile, thank you sir. I am awesomely awsome and anxiously waiting for the end of a long journey with A Memory of Light.

I've been hovering at the level 32 mark for a while exploring rather than leveling since work has been keeping me crazy busy. I would love to have seen this game released as an MMO

Reading this made me smile, thank you sir. I am awesomely awsome and anxiously waiting for the end of a long journey with A Memory of Light.

I've been hovering at the level 32 mark for a while exploring rather than leveling since work has been keeping me crazy busy. I would love to have seen this game released as an MMO

You know I am waiting too. I hang my head every time I think of it. A legend passed with Jordan.

If a game like this comes out into an MMO with as much immersion as this one does, mankind will no longer see most of us. We'll be gone into our virtual worlds.

You all should try the hardest difficulty. Getting one shot killed by enemies makes you much more cautious. Sneaking is a life saver :devil:

You know I am waiting too. I hang my head every time I think of it. A legend passed with Jordan.

If a game like this comes out into an MMO with as much immersion as this one does, mankind will no longer see most of us. We'll be gone into our virtual worlds.

You all should try the hardest difficulty. Getting one shot killed by enemies makes you much more cautious. Sneaking is a life saver :devil:

I finally bought this game a couple of days ago, and currently a Lvl 12 Mage High Elf.

This is the best game I have played on my XBox ever.

If this did become a MMO it would result in a modern stone-age for the gaming world in their man- girl- caves.

Haha, Dot. That's an awesome video. So true....

I got hooked into Skyrim for some time, but then somewhere along my quest I lost Lydia. I've been trying to get up the interest to get a new follower or two but it's taking me a while to get the energy to do that, especially since I'm halfway through a quest and have to finish it before I can go off and find someone (no, I refuse to abandon the quest midway through) :P

Oh that sux, I use Lydia as a packhorse and she is my backup as I use mostly conjuration magic mixed with alittle restoration, illusion, and destruction. I arm her with enchanted weapons armaments like bows and melee weapons. Last night she was casting lightning bolts from one of my staffs I lent her.

What is everyone's general stats:

High Elf LVL 12 with no affiliations to any group yet but I personally like the Stormcloaks more than Imperial Empire. I have been offered to join either of these aforementioned as well as the Companions (and IIRC the Blades or some offshoot of this group?). And somebody placed a bounty on me. Hmmm.

Nord Warrior Level 21, joined the Stormcloaks. Threw all my companions off a cliff with Fus Ro Dah

Wood Elf level 48. Recently started the Stormcloak campaigns, but have been doing a lot of side quests because I just don't want this game to end... :P

Level 43 High Elf, just got Dragonrend, mostly busy doing side quests and exploring.

Ooooh...edit to add: I just got my master level conjuration spells. Very freakin cool

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons