Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big snake

skareb

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DieChecker

• xYlvax

• Xanthurion2

• George Ford

Top Posters In This Topic

That's either a very large snake or a very small tree.

Cool post but no I don't think huge snakes aren't crytids.

At first glance It looks like an Olive python, but It has a pattern like a scrub python, reticulated python maybe? unsure.gif

Cryptids are yet to be discovered, out of place or unexplained animals, so I would suppose that a giant snake would be considered a cryptid.

The fellows over at www.cryptomundo.com seem to think so, at least.

I can't seem to find it, but I swear they had an article explaining why they classify giant snakes as cryptids. Oh well.

Undescribed, unusual, or outsized variations of known species [e.g. the giant anacondas reported from Amazonia or the spotted lions of East Africa];

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptid

That would appear to be a large snake, nonetheless, however, the internet doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to giant animals....

It's not that big. I've seen bigger snakes then that. Plus the tree is probably not that tall. Could only be about 13 foot high.

I think it is a combination of big snake and small tree.

A quick Google shows that reticulated pythons can get to 9 meters long (30 feet). This one is probably not that long.

The snake is about 150-200% length of the height of the tree. unless a lot of it is not seen. In which case if it a 10 foot tree (Not unlikely looking at the leaves of the nearby trees), then this python (?) is probably around 15 to 20 feet long. Big, but not world class.

Edited by DieChecker

I think it is a combination of big snake and small tree.

A quick Google shows that reticulated pythons can get to 9 meters long (30 feet). This one is probably not that long.

The snake is about 150-200% length of the height of the tree. unless a lot of it is not seen. In which case if it a 10 foot tree (Not unlikely looking at the leaves of the nearby trees), then this python (?) is probably around 15 to 20 feet long. Big, but not world class.

This^^^^

It's not a true snake anyway, it's a legless giant hyrax. :innocent:

There have been pythons as long as 50 feet caught/spotted in the wild. Nothing out of the ordinary or undiscovered here.

Cryptids are yet to be discovered, out of place or unexplained animals, so I would suppose that a giant snake would be considered a cryptid.

The fellows over at www.cryptomundo.com seem to think so, at least.

I can't seem to find it, but I swear they had an article explaining why they classify giant snakes as cryptids. Oh well.

Undescribed, unusual, or outsized variations of known species [e.g. the giant anacondas reported from Amazonia or the spotted lions of East Africa];

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptid

That would appear to be a large snake, nonetheless, however, the internet doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to giant animals....

That's how those idiots operate over there. They claim that a big snake is a cryptid and then somehow use that to infer that this bolsters the possibility of things like bigfoot and loch ness exist.

It's just your average sized boa. They get very very very big.