Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hell Hound

Beast Tamer

This would be a great kids horror book if it wasn't true. :P

when my boyfriend was 12, he had a nightmare that something was attacking him. When he woke up, he had scratches (and I mean BIG scratches) on his chest. Not spooky enough? Well, the next night he woke up feeling like ****, and he looked out his window. He saw this bear sized shaggy black THING looking at him as it passed by his window. (I am now considering writing this as a child/teen horror story) he said it was BIG MUSCULAR (in an over done sense, Like a muscled builder that over does it...) This thing had a lower canine that was longer than the upper, and it lacked that upper lip rumple that you see on a normal dog that bears it's teeth.) It had short, pointy ears (like a doberman?) and it's cheek was split, like ther was an opening in it, a hole of sorts seperated by a thin strip of flesh A while later, he and his brother looked out the window, and his brother saw it, too!

I can sense this thing sometimes when we go for walks. and the other night, we were inside and suddenly his hair began to stand on end. He got chill bumps, and we went outside. I could feel it there, watching us. then at midnight we felt an even more powerful presence. then at 12 01 both just dissipated

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Tamer

• xYlvax

• Carnivorous Entity

• NatureBoff

A little scary. I've seen a ghost of a cat and something else one time I can't explain. It looked like a demon.

I remember seeing something of the sort. I was in my backyard at the time, around 3 pm. I was just outside enjoying the fall air, and I looked to the woods(I have woods in my whole backyard that spread out for miles and miles)and crouched under some fallen trees and underbrush I saw this weird muscular wolfman thing that looked like what you described. I freaked out and took off into my house, running up the hill to my front yard and then inside. I looked out the back window, but it was gone.

Another time, I was taking a walk around midnight, and at the corner of my street this same dog thing was just sitting there, in someone's yard. Sitting down, it was like four feet tall. I know it wasn't a normal dog, because it was eerily just sitting there, like a statue, staring off down the road. It didn't even look at me as I passed it, and for some reason I wasn't scared like the first time. I just kept walking, pretending I didn't see it, and when I looked back behind me after a few seconds, it was gone. It couldn't have ran off that quickly without me seeing it, because the woods were a ways off, and there was nowhere it could've hidden itself. Just another unexplainable occurance.

Who knows. :unsure2:

I can feel it. It isn't like the white wolf that follows me. It's a very ominous presence. I have the urge to say "Good puppy" and run. :P I am going to try to give a basic image of it from what my boyfriend has shown me.

Hell hounds creep me the hell out, interesting story though. Reminds me of a Goosebumps book i once read about a ghost dog! Never ever ever do I want to see one lol

Edited by lalalalana

I remember seeing something of the sort. I was in my backyard at the time, around 3 pm. I was just outside enjoying the fall air, and I looked to the woods(I have woods in my whole backyard that spread out for miles and miles)and crouched under some fallen trees and underbrush I saw this weird muscular wolfman thing that looked like what you described. I freaked out and took off into my house, running up the hill to my front yard and then inside. I looked out the back window, but it was gone.

Another time, I was taking a walk around midnight, and at the corner of my street this same dog thing was just sitting there, in someone's yard. Sitting down, it was like four feet tall. I know it wasn't a normal dog, because it was eerily just sitting there, like a statue, staring off down the road. It didn't even look at me as I passed it, and for some reason I wasn't scared like the first time. I just kept walking, pretending I didn't see it, and when I looked back behind me after a few seconds, it was gone. It couldn't have ran off that quickly without me seeing it, because the woods were a ways off, and there was nowhere it could've hidden itself. Just another unexplainable occurance.

Who knows. :unsure2:

Thanks for sharing. Great stories.

Surprised no one else has asked, so I'll do it- let's get a picture of these scratches?

Surprised no one else has asked, so I'll do it- let's get a picture of these scratches?

They have healed over. It's been 7 years since he got scratched. But his mom and brother told me about them. and they were nasty. Unfortunately they have healed over... or i would post the pics. I am working on the line art for the hound's face on paint. it sucks. :P

I can feel it. It isn't like the white wolf that follows me. It's a very ominous presence. I have the urge to say "Good puppy" and run. :P I am going to try to give a basic image of it from what my boyfriend has shown me.

White wolf?

White wolf?

Um, some would call it my "Totem", Spirit Guide, ect. it's been around all my life

Um, some would call it my "Totem", Spirit Guide, ect. it's been around all my life

It reminded me of mine. My family and I went to the dog pound to find a new dog after ours ran away, and we found a white wolf that was going to be put down the next day. We had her with us for about 11-12 years before we had to put her down because she had heart failure and couldn't walk anymore. My point is that I feel she was my spirit guide, because when she died, I smelled the scent of roses and still do at times-mostly when I'm in trouble.

Never told anyone that. :unsure2:

More to the point though, I've read quite abit about hell hounds and the claw marks like you described. So, don't feel too alone.

It reminded me of mine. My family and I went to the dog pound to find a new dog after ours ran away, and we found a white wolf that was going to be put down the next day. We had her with us for about 11-12 years before we had to put her down because she had heart failure and couldn't walk anymore. My point is that I feel she was my spirit guide, because when she died, I smelled the scent of roses and still do at times-mostly when I'm in trouble.

Never told anyone that. :unsure2:

More to the point though, I've read quite abit about hell hounds and the claw marks like you described. So, don't feel too alone.

Actually, I had been given a full timber wolf when I was two. three years later my mom gave her away. She got out of the new owner's yard, and the pound got her. They wrote us to tell us she had been euthanized, and since then she's been around. :P Pretty much same story except I don't smell her, I see her. :P

They have healed over. It's been 7 years since he got scratched. But his mom and brother told me about them. and they were nasty. Unfortunately they have healed over... or i would post the pics. I am working on the line art for the hound's face on paint. it sucks. :P

Ah, missed the age 12 part.

Wow, that's interesting, thanks for sharing. Bloody scary, too!

So I have to ask - the hell hound has been stalking your boyfriend for 7 years for what purpose exactly?

Just waiting for the ideal moment to strike?

So I have to ask - the hell hound has been stalking your boyfriend for 7 years for what purpose exactly?

Just waiting for the ideal moment to strike?

I am not sure. That's why I posted

Actually, I had been given a full timber wolf when I was two. three years later my mom gave her away. She got out of the new owner's yard, and the pound got her. They wrote us to tell us she had been euthanized, and since then she's been around. :P Pretty much same story except I don't smell her, I see her. :P

I'd be so mad if they did that to mine when she got loose. I'd be scared of myself if that happened to my pets and I was the person that did it. :devil:

I'm sorry to hear about that though. I feel that they are highly spiritual creatures, so that may explain why they hang around.

when my boyfriend was 12, he had a nightmare that something was attacking him. When he woke up, he had scratches (and I mean BIG scratches) on his chest. Not spooky enough? Well, the next night he woke up feeling like ****, and he looked out his window. He saw this bear sized shaggy black THING looking at him as it passed by his window. (I am now considering writing this as a child/teen horror story) he said it was BIG MUSCULAR (in an over done sense, Like a muscled builder that over does it...) This thing had a lower canine that was longer than the upper, and it lacked that upper lip rumple that you see on a normal dog that bears it's teeth.) It had short, pointy ears (like a doberman?) and it's cheek was split, like ther was an opening in it, a hole of sorts seperated by a thin strip of flesh A while later, he and his brother looked out the window, and his brother saw it, too!

I can sense this thing sometimes when we go for walks. and the other night, we were inside and suddenly his hair began to stand on end. He got chill bumps, and we went outside. I could feel it there, watching us. then at midnight we felt an even more powerful presence. then at 12 01 both just dissipated

This is hearsay though. Possibly he scratched himself in his sleep and his memory has distorted the truth.

Would you have sensed this thing if he hadn't told you about the incident? His hair stood on end and then you felt its presence, too.

Midnight freaks a lot of people out. I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just wondering if it could be the power of suggestion.

This is hearsay though. Possibly he scratched himself in his sleep and his memory has distorted the truth.

Would you have sensed this thing if he hadn't told you about the incident? His hair stood on end and then you felt its presence, too.

Midnight freaks a lot of people out. I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just wondering if it could be the power of suggestion.

I have felt them and so has my mother. I have sensed it BEFORE he had told me, but I didn't know what it was.

The scratches were most likely done in his sleep as I woke up once with scratches caused my a broken spring in the mattress.Also could the animal just be an ugly local dog? Although the only animal I can think of with anywhere close to the description is a wild pig.